Do you accept and try to understand Axl's personality?

saber_

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the fans? None of the above, everyone has different personalities & if you try to analyze them all you'd have no time for anything else.

He is who he is the same as you are who you are, I don't feel the need to try and work him out as he's not a personal friend I need to deal with.

In saying that I guess the "accept" part of your post applies.

Cheers

Axl's insane. That's what made him the best, that's what ruined him. Simple as that. Crazy amount of respect for what he did achieve though. Some of you may know how much I criticize the guy but.... His live shit in 87-93.... Untouchable. Freddy mercury, jagger, tyler.... Please! They have nothing on Axl in those days.

I would say understanding someone is not the same as agreeing with 100% of someone's actions

People often seem to get that confused about me. I understand Axl. As such, I accept him for who he is. Believe it or not, I don't agree with everything he's done or how he's handled particular situations.

People often seem to get that confused about me. I understand Axl. As such, I accept him for who he is. Believe it or not, I don't agree with everything he's done or how he's handled particular situations.

That's sort of the boat I am in, I accept that Axl is a certain way but I don't agree with all of his actions - which admittedly makes me post critical stuff on here but it just comes from a place of disagreement and at times dissapoitment because I like what the dude has brought to us musically

Edited by WhazUp

People think I can't handle a negative comment about Axl, but that's not the case. I tend to target people who have an agenda. They're easy to spot. But I don't begrudge those such as yourself who make critical observations. Axl needs to be held accountable, I understand that.

Carry on.

People think I can't handle a negative comment about Axl, but that's not the case. I tend to target people who have an agenda. They're easy to spot. But I don't begrudge those such as yourself who make critical observations. Axl needs to be held accountable, I understand that.

Carry on.

How come people who say positive things about him don't have an agenda, but people who say negative things about him do?

Carry on.

How come people who say positive things about him don't have an agenda, but people who say negative things about him do?

How come people use the word "agenda" because Axl does, even when they don't apply it to the situation correctly?

Bibolar disorder is very serious condition. Suicide rate are pretty high and there is no hope of complete recovery. Axl will never be

"normal" but atleast he´s got something to do in his free time. It is vital for surviving this "sickness."

of course I accept it, but I don't understand it and certainly can't act like I do. I know the guy had a rough childhood and all that but that's no excuse for showing up to gigs late and the generally batshit paranoid ridiculous ramblings he gives as responses to certain questions in interviews

Bibolar disorder is very serious condition. Suicide rate are pretty high and there is no hope of complete recovery. Axl will never be

"normal" but atleast he´s got something to do in his free time. It is vital for surviving this "sickness."

I was reading this story about a couple getting divorced the other day and the guy was diagnosed bipolar and apparently the treatment didn't help. she said he wakes up screaming sometimes and won't calm down till he crashes everything in the house and beats her but is really loving and nice at other times and she loves the guy and tried to help him but can't take it anymore. sad.

Anyway we don't know for sure if axl is bipolar. to me it looks like he has the symptoms but i'm not a psychologist and they need to do tests to know for sure.

Edited by useyorappetite

Carry on.

Did you not read anything what I wrote? Jeeeeeesus fucking Christ, that's the problem with this place- some people don't even *try* to process what they read, they just respond by "feel" instead of substance. Do me a favor, read what I wrote. And then process it. Please.

In the very post you quoted, I just distinguished between people who are legitimately expressing their opinions and those who have an agenda. What part of that was not clear? God damn. *facepalm*

And for the record, I acknowledge that sailaway and iftheworld, etc, have an agenda too. See? I'm being fair here, despite your sincerest attempts to twist what I said, the truth is I can acknowledge anyone who has "an agenda." Unfortunately for you, the people I was referring to who have an agenda, their posting histories make it very clear they're only here to rag on Axl, not actually enjoy any positive elements the band has.

How come people use the word "agenda" because Axl does, even when they don't apply it to the situation correctly?

I didn't use the word "agenda" because Axl has apparently used it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but i encourage you to look up the word just in case, because I used it quite accurately. When I use the word "agenda," it's because I've seen a clear pattern of an anti-Axl, anti-nuGuns, irrational criticism, etc. If you have time, you take some time and read the posting histories of Rustycage, magisme, maynard, diceman, dizzyreedsexmachine, username. Then you come back and tell me they don't have an "agenda." Yeah, that's what I thought. If it makes you feel better, I can use the word "autopilot" too, because it certainly applies.

If you think carefully about this, you'll notice that I don't confront every single person who has a negative opinion. If I did, I'd be exhausted and quite busy. Some people's agenda can be verified by going to other GnR sites and you can read them talking about their agenda. Hell, some of them are proud of it, and brag about it on other GnR sites.

As I keep saying over and over (and over), Axl needs to be held accountable and I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions on his voice, his lateness, lack of communication with fans, erratic behavior, eccentric beliefs, etc. But there's a difference between being a "concerned fan" and being some asshole who's perpetually upset because Slash isn't in the band and/or Axl is using the name.

Despite my reputation, and despite the lies spread about me, I don't confront every single person who says something negative about Axl. That can easily be verified. Hell, look at my friends's list- bacardimayne is on it. He speaks his mind and he's been critical of Axl, but he's on my friend's list and we get along. Oops.

Edited by brainsaber