March 17th, 2013 - Melbourne, Australia

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

Unfortunately I couldn't go to this one tonight, however the show must go on without me.

Chinese democracy,

welcome to the jungle
It's so easy,

mr brownstone
Estranged,

better
Rocket queen,

Richard fortus solo/live and let die
This I love,

used to love her

Band introductions, dizzy reed solo (no quarter)/catcher in the rye
You could be mine,

Dj Ashba solo (ballad of death)/Sweet child o mine
another brick in the wall

november rain

Bumblefoot - glad to be here

dont cry

Knocking on Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Patience

Paradise

Edited by Black Sabbath

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@htgth

Chinese democracy,

welcome to the jungle
It's so easy,

mr brownstone
Estranged,

better
Rocket queen,

Richard fortus solo/live and let die
This I love,

used to love her
Band introductions, dizzy reed solo (no quarter)/catcher in the rye
You could be mine,

Dj Ashba solo (ballad of death)/Sweet child o mine

looking for a Nightrain video from Australia 2013, any show plz

I have a nightrain vid from the melb 17th show from the front row. How do I upload it?

3.15am. Still on a high, AWESOME show. Had silver tix but was able to get right to the front and see the whole thing from the closet viewpoint. Got 3 guitar picks (1 x dj, 2 x stinston). Fair to say it was a great night and everyone sounded fantastic. Well done Gn'R crew and thank you!

Why do we even make these threads anymore?

while i was at both shows and had a great time, i do agree with this sentiment. the setlist is either staying very similar or getting blander for the hardcore fan. i personally thought there were a few too many covers. i can understand the solo spots because it gives axl a break and givea the other members exposure and time to shine, i get that. i get that they cant play 8 songs off chidem because 80 percent of the peeps dont know the words to TIL, sod and maddie. but i certainly dont understand why we need live and let die, knocking on heavens door(a whooping 8 minutes,), another brick, the seeker etc. another brick and knockin would more than suffice or switch another brick with live and let die.

not every place is gonna get a 3 hour set, we certainly didnt. axl was bang on time though and in good spirits, more interactive the first melb show though. as for his voice, it is much more powerful than 01 and 02 but rasp was rarely used. dont expect 06 axl let alone 2010 axl. i was at both melb shows and i could even tell there was no rasp, the bootlegs will substantiate this. if axls use of rasp is important to you, you will be disappointed. the band however are very talented and tight. like a finely tuned and oiled machine. i did sadly still get the feeling that it was 'the Axl show' though. with 4 out of 8 of the line up having nothing or very little do to with chidem, it's hard to feel a connection to the songs and these thise talented musicians. every aspect of the show, before during and after revolves around axl. while the band gel well and are kinetic(spelling) on stage, it lacks the cohesive natural bond that you find in acts where members are actual equal owners and have grown with the musical catalogue and live through the band because it is their own. this has nothing to do with the old line up or a desire for reunion, just an observation.

all said i had a great time. if you like the guns hits like nightrain jungle scom paradise dont cry uaed to love her etc, go with a few buddies and you will have a ball, even with the aforementioned gripes. and forget about unreleased songs being played live before a studio release, it is not going to happen.

Why do we even make these threads anymore?

To copy and paste the same setlist...

Hey now, they might rearrange the order slightly, you never know. Very exciting. (that was sarcasm, btw)

Each concert is deserving of its own thread, imo. It's a venue for concert goers to post their reviews, and people to post videos of the gig. Regardless of the boring-ness and repetitiveness in the world of GnR, I'm a fan and I like watchin clips of the shows.