March 17th, 2013 - Melbourne, Australia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an awesome night guys, and JD I think you were EXTREMELY critical. I can imagine that the show would not have been as intense as a show from the late 80s to early 90s but since neither of us actually witnessed one of those first hand I don't really see how you can diss it that much.

The energy they put into the show from the first was pretty amazing to me. Maybe because I was front row, I don't know, but I thought it was quite explosive and everyone gave 100%. I thought Richard, DJ and Bumble engaged well with the audience and Axl was smiling and seemed to enjoy himself. I agree with you about DJ, he was actually really impressive and entertains a crowd well. The only thing i wish he wouldnt do is that thing with his hands to his ears, but then again he can actually do whatever the fuck he wants, so whatever.

I didnt feel that any of the songs were 'trash' or 'boring'. When I go to a show I don't exactly expect it to sound like the CD and I think its really naive to think that they should sound like the CD. But the atmosphere is what counters the sound precision and I think they did a great job at that. And as for Axl spending about 45 seconds singing Happy Birthday to Vanessa, get over it. I thought it was lovely and if you can't spare 45 seconds for that maybe you should have saved your $200 and stayed in bed all day. :rolleyes:

It kind of staggers me to hear so many people critical of them when clearly NONE of us could even come close to delivering what they do. Per-leeeeeease! It's kind of sad to hear people diss them because the audience last night was really loud and loving it, so there's something contradictory about the criticism and the general consensus from audience response.

Anyway, I had an amazing and really special night. It was a dream come true for me. Thanks to rock4eva I had the opportunity to meet the guys. I had a nice chat with Bumble, DJ, Dizzy (who is hilarious), gave Fortus a kiss (he is such a cutie and so shy), chatted with Beta, Fernando and Vanessa and they were all lovely and accommodating. I even had the pleasure of telling Axl as he left that he is awesome and he laughed back and said thanks to us. My last memory is his smiling face and his hand out the car window which I nearly grabbed but just missed. *sigh*

Awesome night! :thumbsup:

Plain and simple last nights show was not as good as Saturday nights but really that happens, the crowd last night was more generic and when every time you have Axl come front and centre you've got dickheads yelling abuse why would he be in such a good mood to top the night before where I believe the diehards were at as really that was the 2nd show. I chatted to Bumble after and asked him if he heard any of the thins shouted and he said no but I have a feeling he did, he was shouted just as much abuse as Axl, I don't get why you'd go to a show to yell rubbish out, anyway my opinion and we're all entitled tone, I had an absolute all both nights and met some fantastic people who I hope we can be friends for some time! Thanks guys!
People were yelling abuse at Axl? I'm confused about your statement about diehards. You're saying they should have been at the first - technically yesterday was the first show right which was what you were saying yeah? What things were people yelling?

What I'm saying is the first show on sale sold well and it was a generic crowd, I chatted to some there last night who had no clue they played the night before, the Saturday show had a lot of people who did both shows, it was a far smaller crowd and the general population was there Sunday there for you get the average Joe who thinks he's funny by yelling abuse. There were a group of people standing about the 2nd row dead centre yelling at Axl and Ron from about the half way mark, comments to Axl were "Fuck off back to your little tent" "hey Gandolph" "Where's Slash" etc, they yelled at Bumblefoot the Slash comments also and kept shouting out he was a fag and did he bring his hair straightener to the show.

The 2nd show on sale gets more diehards as the numbers get smaller, they attend more gigs and the generic crowd have normally just bought what was first advertised

I support the tent comments somewhat. I know rough. But come on Axl. Still wouldn't be yelling them out.

The Bumble/Slash comments though :rolleyes: Regardless I hate going to gigs and you see a bunch of people not singing or dancing. I don't know people's personal reasons or whatever for that but you want people getting into it around you, you know, be with like minded folks who just really dig the music.

Yay for us take things way too seriously fans BTW :lol:

On a side note I am in so much pain as I did a leg workout for the first time on Saturday in three weeks, combined with a surplus of boogie yesterday did me no favours. I can barely move.

who the fuck pays 100 bucks plus and just shouts insults at the band the whole time?

especially when they can just go on a message board and do it for free instead :tongue2:

HAHAHAHAH :rofl-lol:

i did hear the comments Ron was getting very disrespectul it was probably just two idiots in the crowd ruining the vibe

There's no need to directly insult someone at a show like that.

Guest Gunns

I banged my knee really hard on the fencing in my exuberance when Axl came over and was looking at us and you should see the bruise I've got there now! Won't be wearing any short skirts this week. :lol:

wear it like a badge of honor. Just dont say to people "Axl is the reason I have this bruise" or they might think you were one of the 20 groupies backstage.

who the fuck pays 100 bucks plus and just shouts insults at the band the whole time?

especially when they can just go on a message board and do it for free instead :tongue2:

I really do not get it, I did hear a guy behind us towards the end call out "now sing something good" but didn't dare look around in case I got smashed in the face with something. It just astounds me that they pay all that money to yell the old Where's Slash which is wearing very thin and was even in 2006. I didn't know people were calling insults to Axl, was he likely to have heard them though? I guess in that business you have to expect to be criticised but not insulted at your own concert.

Thanks Red for a great night, also the other nice guys we met. Always great to spend time with people with a sense of humour and Think About You wrapping his precious poster up with his coat so the autograph of Axl didn't get spoilt while he froze at the gate was funny :rofl-lol: It shows how special the band are to some of us and he is definitely dedicated as he heads up to Brisbane for yet another concert.

Have fun buddy, hope you get another Axl autograph or even a photo. Hope the Tasmanians had a good trip back.

Rock4eva and I didn't have the VIP pass, we managed to get backstage through the kindness of someone else. We were at the aftershow party and Axl wasn't there, but we managed to see him leaving at the gate and as there were only a few of us he slowed down and we exchanged pleasantries (which is a nice way for saying that I lost it and he laughed in amusement).

I remember screaming 'Woo Hoo' on the top of my lungs once the car drove away and I think he still had the window down and would have been thinking 'what a nutcase'. Yes Axl, we redheads are all alike! :lol:

I saw some fuck nut as I was leaving wearing a tophat with Slash hair.....fn idiot

This may be silly question but who was that guy on the side of the stage throwing stuff at DJ trying to put him off last night :) ? I think it was during Patience Was he just a crew member?

Edited by metalroses

Rock4eva and I didn't have the VIP pass, we managed to get backstage through the kindness of someone else. We were at the aftershow party and Axl wasn't there, but we managed to see him leaving at the gate and as there were only a few of us he slowed down and we exchanged pleasantries (which is a nice way for saying that I lost it and he laughed in amusement).

I remember screaming 'Woo Hoo' on the top of my lungs once the car drove away and I think he still had the window down and would have been thinking 'what a nutcase'. Yes Axl, we redheads are all alike! :lol:

Haha, glad you had a great time.

I'm guessing to meet Axl you have to go outside the venue and wait for him there then you can spot him if you're lucky, which you were by the sounds of it haha

When I saw them last year at Grasspop in Belgium, there were idiots who kept screaming "bring back Slash", I wanted to beat them to death because you could really see they were there just to ruin things for others. They looked really really stupid, and half an hour later they were so drunk that two of them passed out. Needless to say no one cared to see if they were ok lying on the floor.

I saw some fuck nut as I was leaving wearing a tophat with Slash hair.....fn idiot

This may be silly question but who was that guy on the side of the stage throwing stuff at DJ trying to put him off last night :) ? I think it was during Patience Was he just a crew member?

:rofl-lol:

Oh my god, I am laughing my ass off right now. That was me and rock4eva, we threw two bras at Axl. He saw them and laughed and then DJ picked one up and hung it off his guitar, whilst the other one got picked up and either Fortus or DJ gave it to Tommy who put it on his bass. :lol:

:rofl-lol:

Oh my god, I am laughing my ass off right now. That was me and rock4eva, we threw two bras at Axl. He saw them and laughed and then DJ picked one up and hung it off his guitar, whilst the other one got picked up and either Fortus or DJ gave it to Tommy who put it on his bass. :lol:

Lol I saw the bras hanging off DJ's guitar. That was you?! HAHAHHA Didn't get them back did you? :lol:

No, but that's fine.

I'd like to add that Fortus was amazing last night and I think he is a total honey. I was SO surprised to see that in real life he is actually very shy, because the way he moves around the stage suggests otherwise. I think he was a tad surprised when I decided to kiss him.

33kdnjp.jpg