Axl's hair '09-'13 era

trqster

Axl's hair has been a bit of a mistery in the last years, from the braids look to the 'normal' hair back in '09. It looked relatively normal in '09 (LAX incident photos & Osaka gig) and then in '10 it started to grow longer but looked different somehow, getting a bit curly(?) in places and weaker & less healthy looking overall.

Then at the recent Newcastle gig Axl took off the bandana & fedora to show a truly weird looking haircut and some worrying baldness.

Do you believe Axl's had a recent hair transplant operation and that's the reason it looks weird and shorter?

Photos

'09

31347357-31347362-slarge.jpg

'10

59__431x592_axlrose-to2010.jpg

'13

screenshot20130318at809.png

screenshot20130318at810.png

Vids

'09

'13

not different - seems curly because he sweats and he has less density, thinner, than 90' era. Maybe he did transplant for the front line, but who cares?

Contrary to what people said, Axl did not go bald in the late 90s. Obviously he has lost density but very okay - Look at 50 y.o. men, a lot have lost more... Angus Young went bald for instance.

Look at the first 2013 pic posted. It looks like his neck and face are one piece and that his fingers are connected to his nose. You can't judge by a blurry pic. From the video, his hair looks the same as the first pic angeles posted. The sides of axl's hair have always gone back to about his ears. If he WAS indeed balding, he would loose hair on the top or both sides, not just one side.

I think his hair looks pretty good for a 50 year old, I think he would be better off parting it more towards the middle like in 2001 though.

A blurry pic? here is the full video,and you can see it in 1080p.Axl has lost nearly all his hair at least at this side.Check the video from 5:20 to 5:29, but there are other moments that you can see there is no hair over there.

stop the video at 5:31.

Edited by rudolf1978

A blurry pic? here is the full video,and you can see it in 1080p.Axl has lost nearly all his hair at least at this side.Check the video from 5:20 to 5:29, but there are other moments that you can see there is no hair over there.

You mean like this?

screenshot20130318at912.png

Maybe it's just a bad angle or weird hairdo thing....still not sure.

Edited by trqster

So Axl is again in a lose/lose situation:

- either he puts hat, fans are not happy because we can't see his face

- or he puts no hat, fans are over analyzing his hair and are not happy because he does not have his 30' hairstyle

- or he puts braids, fans are not happy because it's not his hair

I join the fans who are worried about his voice when we know he is capable of far better, but come on, what is this topic?

So Axl is again in a lose/lose situation:

- either he puts hat, fans are not happy because we can't see his face

- or he puts no hat, fans are over analyzing his hair and are not happy because he does not have his 30' hairstyle

- or he puts braids, fans are not happy because it's not his hair

I join the fans who are worried about his voice when we know he is capable of far better, but come on, what is this topic?

Agreed! I'm only 27 and I've completely changed hair, weight from my early 20s let alone Axl who is past 50! I mean come on guys yes we're all fans and part of it is to pretty much look at everything but this shit gets past the point of ridicolous...

Yet, in Angeles pictures, which looks to be taken in the past year, his hair looks fine. As I've said, his hair has ALWAYS been thin on the sides up to his ears. You don't loose hair on the sides, you loose it on the top, otherwise every balding man would walk around looking like 2002 robin finck.

Seriously, Axl just can't win, he takes the hat off and people complain. So what if he is balding? what can he do about it? if he got transplants or anything done to prevent balding, everyone would complain about that. I would rather see axl balding (which he's not) and not wearing a hat than see him try to hide it.

His hairstyle when GN'R came back was a lace wig apparently, check out on the RIR '01 pics of how it's actually THICKER than his hair in their heyday.

He's had lace wigs, transplants, the famous braids to allegedly cover up a botched transplant and now another transplant I'm guessing.

Nothing wrong with any of this and for a transplant it looks pretty good, but it IS obviously a transplant. Weird how they can look just slightly unnatural when it's the own person's hair they use for it!

For the record, I'm pretty bald myself at age 28 so I've looked into this kinda stuff a lot out of interest!

Mike

His hairstyle when GN'R came back was a lace wig apparently, check out on the RIR '01 pics of how it's actually THICKER than his hair in their heyday.

He's had lace wigs, transplants, the famous braids to allegedly cover up a botched transplant and now another transplant I'm guessing.

Nothing wrong with any of this and for a transplant it looks pretty good, but it IS obviously a transplant. Weird how they can look just slightly unnatural when it's the own person's hair they use for it!

For the record, I'm pretty bald myself at age 28 so I've looked into this kinda stuff a lot out of interest!

Mike

Didnt know that in RIR 01 he used a lace wig.I thought was his hair.

It looks like he has some transplants. Still not bad for 51. I wish that I had that much hair and I'm much younger. It's not coincidental that all these rock stars still have hair when they get old, of course they have some medical help.

You mean like this?

screenshot20130318at912.png

Maybe it's just a bad angle or weird hairdo thing....still not sure.

That's the side of his head being shaved. People don't go bald in one giant square :)

This may sound really stupid, but....

could be "alopecia areata". I`m dealing with this condition(stress related for me), where you get totally bald spots, might lose your eyebrowns etc. comes and goes thing, it grows back usually. remember Axl not having eyebrowns? I`m having totally straight hair normally, but when the bald spot starts to grow hair again, it`s really strong and curly.