Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

No some one just proposed that if it did leak would I still try E before I listened to it. And I said yes because of the reviews of the demo. They say guitars are heavier, its wierd and it sounds like Axl is on a space ship.

OK..sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks man for taking the time to clear it for me.

No some one just proposed that if it did leak would I still try E before I listened to it. And I said yes because of the reviews of the demo. They say guitars are heavier, its wierd and it sounds like Axl is on a space ship.

so people have actually heard studio silkworkms? and have it?

I think some of you are blowing Axl's one sentence respose to a fan after a show out of proportion.

His off handed one sentence comment to a fan is now being represented that Axl is talking about the band's future plans and he is now open to talking about unreleased material.

This is why Axl and other celebs don't always open up to fans or the media. Because they take the smallest thing and blow it to the extreme proportion.

I think some of you are blowing Axl's one sentence respose to a fan after a show out of proportion.

His off handed one sentence comment to a fan is now being represented that Axl is talking about the band's future plans and he is now open to talking about unreleased material.

This is why Axl and other celebs don't always open up to fans or the media. Because they take the smallest thing and blow it to the extreme proportion.

so we shouldn't get our hopes up? the moral of the story?

Guest Gunns

how is it blowing things out of proportion.. No where did I say that Axl "thinking about releasing silkworms this year" is equivalent to a new album or anything of the like... thinking is not implying a state of certainty or anything of that nature.

As others have already suggested, silkworms will probably appear on a re-release of CD or bundled with the appetite for democracy tour dvd or the like, I doubt it will feature on the next album.

Edited by Gunns

Following on from this thread...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197620-gunns-exclusive-the-hat-incident-video-of-a-fan-meeting-axl-rose/

At the risk of getting everyones hopes up, I thought if Axl was open about it in person to a group of people then he's happy for it to be discussed in public.

After the show in Newcastle, a bunch of us were waiting to see if Axl would come out to grab a photo/meet him, and eventually he did.

While he was taking photos with everyone, I said 'love silkworms Axl'

and his response was, and I direct quote

"Actually we are thinking about releasing that later this year"

and he said it seriously, not in a sarcastic/joking tone...

At least 3 other people who are also members on here can confirm...

edit*

For what it matters, i was next to GUNNS when this happened. 100% confim what GUNNS has stated.

>>

I was there and I remember guns saying something about this that night

and it backs up with what others have said about the possibility of "new" music getting released this year when talking to the management this past Australian tour.

CDII starts 2013

So there is a strong chance to we will hear "new" music this year

But i don't really get my hopes up, because Axl says several similar statements around in 2002 and nothing happened for 6 years. (officially ofc)

Edited by Crash Diet

Guest Gunns

this thread is legit, I think the other was obvious it was just a bit of light humor that went over (a few) peoples heads.

Is this thread a trolling attempt by Gunns too or is this legit? (I'm talking about the silkworms thread)

I hope its true, but I find it hard to believe anything Gunns says. He just likes the attention. "Gunns exclusive" - lol.

Oh yeah, I was there too haha. I guess that makes me the 3rd person? It's definitely what Axl said. It's a bit exciting to hear that he's still thinking about releasing music!

Is the pic in your avatar from the time he spoke about Silkworms??

Sure was! Greatest moment of my life! Haha. Still can't believe it.

Guest Gunns

Oh yeah, I was there too haha. I guess that makes me the 3rd person? It's definitely what Axl said. It's a bit exciting to hear that he's still thinking about releasing music!

Is the pic in your avatar from the time he spoke about Silkworms??

Sure was! Greatest moment of my life! Haha. Still can't believe it.

We tried meeting him in 2010, no luck, 3 years later we meet him and get a photo in newcastle - great night :)

• 7 months later...