Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Denver and Seattle for me, Denver had the better setlist for me, I’m not a fan of beast of burden or you got me rocking which they played in Seattle. 

I thought Keith was a little off where he was last year, rumour had it he was going onstage completely sober last summer. I don’t think its the same this summer. He’s a little off the pace. 

On 16.8.2019 at 6:57 PM, Powderfinger said:

Denver and Seattle for me, Denver had the better setlist for me, I’m not a fan of beast of burden or you got me rocking which they played in Seattle. 

I thought Keith was a little off where he was last year, rumour had it he was going onstage completely sober last summer. I don’t think its the same this summer. He’s a little off the pace. 

He moves much less than in 2018 but I still think that playing wise he hasn't been that good since they came back in 2012

The whole band sounds amazing.. The songs are also a bit faster than in 2017/18, they sound fresher and not tired

Maybe Keith is starting to feel his age but he seems very focused and plays well

• GNFNR 1

• 1 month later...

Just watched Live At The Max for the first time. Fuck, what a killer concert video! The band is super energized, the cinematography is amazing, and the quality of both the audio and video on Blu Ray are impeccable. Would've loved to have seen the Steel Wheels tour, what an amazing stage set!

• Like 1

Yeah I’d loved to have caught them on that tour, last with Wyman also. 

Looks like they’re next tour leg is gonna be Australia, Japan and a few others. 

Not gonna make it next year, it’ll be the first time since 2012 I didn’t make at least 1 show. Who knows, maybe a few quid falls my way... 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

Yeah I’d loved to have caught them on that tour, last with Wyman also. 

Looks like they’re next tour leg is gonna be Australia, Japan and a few others. 

Not gonna make it next year, it’ll be the first time since 2012 I didn’t make at least 1 show. Who knows, maybe a few quid falls my way... 

Would love another tour of Oz - nice to be able to pair a visit to my girlfriend with some gigs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2019 at 7:34 AM, Len Cnut said:

Anyone know when the lads are coming to England next?

I thought len you would have seen  them during their last UK visit.

On 15/10/2019 at 10:07 AM, SAU3R said:

Apparently the Oz/NZ/Asia shows are becoming less likely and it seems like there might be another NA leg in 2020, at least that's what an insider on the IORR forum hinted at

So they are doing another lazy tour of the US. I thought OZ would be in with a chance for next year...

Edited by Sydney Fan

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

At this point, probably. I cannot believe they are pushing 80

Hey, they're bluesmen right?  All the old bluesmen did the same.  And Jagger said on Dick Cavett in i think 1972 that he could easily see himself doing this shit in his 70s. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

I saw the Stones in 1994, then again in 2014. I'm stunned they're still around, but happy for their fans that they are. 

I have no interest in seeing them again really, but I know several friends who will still like to go for their first time. 

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I saw the Stones in 1994, then again in 2014. I'm stunned they're still around, but happy for their fans that they are. 

I have no interest in seeing them again really, but I know several friends who will still like to go for their first time. 

It made me think they are probably still the biggest touring act around. Once they go i dont know of any other band who could take the mantle.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

The tour thread just became a sticky again along with the new album thread on IORR... this has happened before with no resulting news, but let’s see if something comes in the next few days.....

Hope that bv knows something and drops some hints today 

• GNFNR 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not exactly about touring... but has anyone been listening to short-lived "69RSTRAX"?

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/rolling-stones-rare-outtakes-youtube-copyright-1203454581/

A lot of great stuff from 1969 was (officially?) released for 24 hours on youtube, then taken down. Stuff like 22min long choir sessions for You Can't Alyways Get What You Want, Wild Horses with strings and glass harmonica, bluesier version of Love in Vain (similar to Robert Johnson's version), Madison Square Garden shows (1969.11.27. and 1969.11.28.), etc. etc.

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Not exactly about touring... but has anyone been listening to short-lived "69RSTRAX"?

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/rolling-stones-rare-outtakes-youtube-copyright-1203454581/

A lot of great stuff from 1969 was (officially?) released for 24 hours on youtube, then taken down. Stuff like 22min long choir sessions for You Can't Alyways Get What You Want, Wild Horses with strings and glass harmonica, bluesier version of Love in Vain (similar to Robert Johnson's version), Madison Square Garden shows (1969.11.27. and 1969.11.28.), etc. etc.

No. But how would one go about obtaining this?