Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

On 12/5/2016 at 4:50 AM, J Dog said:

Been digging this album a lot. Most albums like this a lot of times can come across a generic sounding or almost boring. But you can tell they put a lot energy into this. I like the sound of it too.

Yeah, they sound 20 years younger. Mick's vocal power hasn't been lost with age. He's still got it. If anything his aged voice makes him a better blues singer. And that harmonica!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yeah, they sound 20 years younger. Mick's vocal power hasn't been lost with age. He's still got it. If anything his aged voice makes him a better blues singer. And that harmonica!

Mick kills it. Totally agree about his voice. That kinda goes with the blues doesn't it? Blues singers don't need to have clean and beautiful voices, it needs some dust and leather. The harmonica is a MVP for me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Mick kills it. Totally agree about his voice. That kinda goes with the blues doesn't it? Blues singers don't need to have clean and beautiful voices, it needs some dust and leather. The harmonica is a MVP for me.

He always had a bluesy voice. It was what helped set him apart from the other singers. John and Paul were better suited for R&B which Mick could do alright, but he was better built for blues. 

Brian must be smiling somwhere.

• Like 1

Got these sales numbers from the Stones IORR forum for Blues and Lonesome so can't vouch for the accuracy but if true not bad, close to 500K world wide sales,  for a bunch of old bastards putting out a covers album. It did debut at #4 on the U.S Billboard 200 this week

UK.................................. 106.000
Germany........................ 100.000 +
Sweden
The Netherlands............. 50.000 +
Belgium
Norway
Australia......................... 18.370
Argentina

Number 2:
France............................. 52.000
Canada............................. 19.000

Number 3:
Japan................................22.427

Number 4:
USA.................................123.000
Italia
Ireland

The band gets a bad rap after 1981's Tattoo You, but there's some great songs they've been doing since then. Even Dirty Work which is often ranked last place has some great songs. I actually prefer Dirty Work of Satanic Majesty's Request.

Has anyone watched Cocksucker Blues? I know it is kind of illegal...

On 12/14/2016 at 2:39 AM, J Dog said:

Guess that's good. I don't really know what's good anymore for album sales.

Look around this site and you'll see. Only David Bowie and Metallica had bigger opening week from rock artists (and actually not many pop stuff, except Adele, Drake and Beyonce) 

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week49-2016.htm

8 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

The band gets a bad rap after 1981's Tattoo You, but there's some great songs they've been doing since then. Even Dirty Work which is often ranked last place has some great songs. I actually prefer Dirty Work of Satanic Majesty's Request.

Has anyone watched Cocksucker Blues? I know it is kind of illegal...

I have a boot of CSB and it is staged and a bit contrived but still interesting to watch IMHO,  as any video from the Mick Taylor era interests me, but I prefer Ladies and Gentlemen 1972 concert video myself....

20 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

I have a boot of CSB and it is staged and a bit contrived but still interesting to watch IMHO,  as any video from the Mick Taylor era interests me, but I prefer Ladies and Gentlemen 1972 concert video myself....

They might as well release it. Can't be any worse than Rock and Roll Circus.