Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

55 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Apparently they are compressed and watermarked. The fans are querying why they didn't put a lot of that stuff out with the Let it Bleed re-release. 

There was a "dial tone-ish" sound, but nothing that can't be edited out. And the quality of live recordings is so-so... bootleg quality (NYC MSG sounds decent).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From the IORR news today:

The Rolling Stones are working on a tour in North America lasting from May to July 2020, rumoured to be announced next week. Cities rumoured for shows are San Diego, St. Louis, Atlanta, Cleveland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore, Nashville, Charlotte, Tampa and Atlanta, all USA, and Vancouver Canada.

Thank fuck for the Vancouver show, I’m not traveling on this leg.... 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 10:47 AM, Powderfinger said:

The Rolling Stones are working on a tour in North America lasting from May to July 2020, rumoured to be announced next week. Cities rumoured for shows are San Diego, St. Louis, Atlanta, Cleveland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore, Nashville, Charlotte, Tampa and Atlanta, all USA, and Vancouver Canada.

I really hope Vancouver does get a show I missed them in Seattle and really would like to see the Stones once before they are done

On 30.1.2020 at 7:47 PM, Powderfinger said:

Why the fucking states again? Time for another european tour.

5 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

To be fair Europe got them 2 years in a row in 2017 and 2018, so I see no problem with them doing the US 2 years in a row now. Though I'd have preferred the original rumor of Australia, especially since the gigs would have seemed to have fallen while I'm going to be over there anyways. 

12 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Stones did maybe 30 dates in Europe in 2017 & 2018. Looks like it’s the states getting the 2 years in a row now. I’m happy to not have to travel for a stones show for the first time in 13 years.... 

Edited by Powderfinger

Cities for the 2020 tour are: 

San Diego, CA

Vancouver, BC

Minneapolis, MN

Nashville, TN 

Austin, TX

Dallas, TX 

Buffalo, NY

Detroit, MI

Louisville, KY

Cleveland, OH

Pittsburgh, PA

St. Louis, MO

Charlotte, NC

Tampa, FL

Atlanta, GA

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Stones did maybe 30 dates in Europe in 2017 & 2018. Looks like it’s the states getting the 2 years in a row now. I’m happy to not have to travel for a stones show for the first time in 13 years.... 

That's 2 years ago. At that age that can decide between life and death. And what Len Cunt said.

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

That's 2 years ago. At that age that can decide between life and death. And what Len Cunt said.

You realize I don’t work for them right :lol:

They’ve played a loadagigs in England in the last 10 years. Good few in Ireland also. 

And, the lucky dip tickets for their gigs, makes it a lot easier to afford....

Worry not about hotel rooms and other such comforts. Serious gig going is like blitzkrieg warfare. Get into the city, get a cheap ticket, get the shirt, back to the airport, and get the first flight out. Lot easier do it in Europe with Ryanair, but plenty of tactics and logistics go into flying with them fuckers. 
I once hitchhiked from Ireland to London for the Sex Pistols gig in 96... Some dedication and lunacy is required to get to gigs at times :lol:

11 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

You realize I don’t work for them right :lol:

They’ve played a loadagigs in England in the last 10 years. Good few in Ireland also. 

And, the lucky dip tickets for their gigs, makes it a lot easier to afford....

Worry not about hotel rooms and other such comforts. Serious gig going is like blitzkrieg warfare. Get into the city, get a cheap ticket, get the shirt, back to the airport, and get the first flight out. Lot easier do it in Europe with Ryanair, but plenty of tactics and logistics go into flying with them fuckers. 
I once hitchhiked from Ireland to London for the Sex Pistols gig in 96... Some dedication and lunacy is required to get to gigs at times :lol:

I figure.

Yeah, but not everyone lives in the UK. I'd like to go to a concert by car. I'm not at the point for flying somewhere to see the Stones. Only going for special occasions by plane. I did the 24 hours fly in/fly out without baggage and hotel to see Axl/DC in London (my third and last show). Got there at 10:30, went straight to the stadium, went to the band hotel after the show and back to the airport at 4 am for a 7am flight. And of course from Boston to Chicago and back to see GNR. Got there at 5 pm, did a quick sightseeing of Chicago, went to the show, some more nightsightseeing of Chicago after the Show (it was freezing cold, thank god for 24 hours Starbucks) and back to the airport for a flight back to Boston at 8am.

Since I had a affordable, but eventutally crappy ticket the last time the Stones were here, I finally wanna try lucky dip, even if that means I have to buy 2 tickets, but the last time the lucky dips really were the expensive ones close to the stage.

• Like 1

From what I remember, $75 or possibly less gets you both tickets. It might have been $55... I generally don’t care where I am in the stadium or arena anymore, once I’m in and hearing the band I’m good. 

Funnily enough I spent a similar night in Chicago a few years ago, I went to a few places late at night I probably shouldn’t have had... But so much blues history there. And the fucking wind was mental for a city... 

The train between the airport and downtown was memorable! 

There should be a thread for epic gig going stories...

I once seen a Japanese fan get enough money in the bar to buy a flight home in cash after her dad passed away unexpectedly. She tried to give me the small amount of money I gave next time I saw her, 5 years later. The music community is a great world. 

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

From what I remember, $75 or possibly less gets you both tickets. It might have been $55... I generally don’t care where I am in the stadium or arena anymore, once I’m in and hearing the band I’m good. 

Funnily enough I spent a similar night in Chicago a few years ago, I went to a few places late at night I probably shouldn’t have had... But so much blues history there. And the fucking wind was mental for a city... 

The train between the airport and downtown was memorable! 

There should be a thread for epic gig going stories...

I once seen a Japanese fan get enough money in the bar to buy a flight home in cash after her dad passed away unexpectedly. She tried to give me the small amount of money I gave next time I saw her, 5 years later. The music community is a great world. 

If you're talking about the Lucky Dip tickets, in 2015 and 2019 they were $29 each before fees, so $58 per pair.