Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Thinking about going to the Vancouver show with a couple friends. Can anyone help me understand how the Lucky Dip tickets work? Is it a fan-club thing? If we try to get 3 Lucky Dip tickets, will we be seated together or do you just get random seats?

From my understanding you cant do it for 3 people. Theyre always sold as a pair

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea I was unsure about how many tickets you could select. So if we got 4 tickets, it'd be 2 pairs of tickets, right? Not a group of 4 tickets?

Yeah. And you prob won’t pull 4 tickets together even if you queue for your pair of lucky dips at the same time. Unless you all poxed our luck wise and got pit tickets... 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Yeah. And you prob won’t pull 4 tickets together even if you queue for your pair of lucky dips at the same time. Unless you all poxed our luck wise and got put tickets... 

AFAIK there's no correlation between when you buy the tickets and where you're seated anyways. There's a lot of factors that go into the Lucky Dip system, including how the show sells. 

As for how they work, the band usually posts a separate link for Lucky Dip tickets on their website when the tickets go on sale. Lucky Dip sales only start at the general onsale time, they don't do them in presales. 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:44 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

My buddy got us tickets this morning during the pre-sale. We're sitting at the back of the upper bowl and tickets were just over $70 each (about $55 US).

Been looking at the tickets for Vancouver, they are bloody ludacris in pricing. I'm hoping to get some tickets tomorrow when the general sale occurs

2 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

Been looking at the tickets for Vancouver, they are bloody ludacris in pricing. I'm hoping to get some tickets tomorrow when the general sale occurs

They'll probably be 'regular price' tomorrow, I don't know why they're all so expensive now. I'm guessing the 'regular' pre-sale tickets sold out fairly quickly. We just got the cheapest tickets as quickly as possible lol.

• Like 1

Got the LDs for Vancouver $80 for 2 tickets. 

13 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

Waited for 30 minutes in ticket masters queue only to be shown upper bowl tickets in vancouver at $450+ Canadian at the back of the stadium. Ticketmaster needs to quit with this fluctuating pricing bullshit

Go to the stones website, tour section and try the lucky dips for Vancouver. 

7 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Got the LDs for Vancouver $80 for 2 tickets. 

Go to the stones website, tour section and try the lucky dips for Vancouver. 

Sold out... I was able to click for a set then they sold out before my page reloaded..

Nevermind 5th refresh is the charm! Got tickets

Edited by The Dissident
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

It’s always worth retrying for LD’s, even as the show gets closer. They do pop up every now and then, and more frequently close to the show as that’s how they ensure asses are in seats nowadays. It’s a brilliant system honestly, I wish more bands would embrace it (Ahem, GN’R... :book: )

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I fucking wish with all my soul they would drop Miss You... Tshirt purchase and piss time usually... 

I won't be disappointed if they play it. :P

I'm a fairly casual fan though. I know the biggest hits, own a few albums, but I'd be lost if they played some real deep cuts lol. I'm hoping they play Beast Of Burden but other than that, I don't really care what they play, I'm just looking forward to finally seeing them.

I’ve come to accept Miss You :lol: It used to be the low point of the gigs for me, but I’ve got to admit I think it’s sounded great at every No Filter show I’ve been to. 

9 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I like how the stones do the LDs and song vote for each gig. They only really change 3-4  songs each night but it’s still enough if you’re following the tour. GNR could learn a lot. I have an ache in my balls to hear them do let it bleed live..... 

Like I said in some thread in the GN’R section - I’ve seen the Stones 11 times to date. Every single time I’ve seen them do at least one song I’ve never seen them do before. In recent shows, it’s been as many as 5 songs I’ve never seen before (I think London 2018 was the last time I had that). It may only be a few songs a night that they change, but it makes a huge difference. 

I got Let It Bleed in Indy in 2015, it was great to hear that one. If they keep doing the acoustic b-stage set I think it’s more likely - they did it a few times last year. 

• Like 1

On 15.2.2020 at 12:10 AM, Powerage5 said:

It’s always worth retrying for LD’s, even as the show gets closer. They do pop up every now and then, and more frequently close to the show as that’s how they ensure asses are in seats nowadays. It’s a brilliant system honestly, I wish more bands would embrace it (Ahem, GN’R... :book: )

And where exactly would they pop up? On the website or directly on Ticketmaster? Didn't pay too much attention the last time, as I usually prefer to choose my own seat.

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And where exactly would they pop up? On the website or directly on Ticketmaster? Didn't pay too much attention the last time, as I usually prefer to choose my own seat.

The Stones website. Check for the lucky dip option. They usually appear at the general on sale time. 

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I’ve come to accept Miss You :lol: It used to be the low point of the gigs for me, but I’ve got to admit I think it’s sounded great at every No Filter show I’ve been to. 

Like I said in some thread in the GN’R section - I’ve seen the Stones 11 times to date. Every single time I’ve seen them do at least one song I’ve never seen them do before. In recent shows, it’s been as many as 5 songs I’ve never seen before (I think London 2018 was the last time I had that). It may only be a few songs a night that they change, but it makes a huge difference. 

I got Let It Bleed in Indy in 2015, it was great to hear that one. If they keep doing the acoustic b-stage set I think it’s more likely - they did it a few times last year. 

Daryl in fairness has a nice little bit in Miss You. Works well live but I’ve heard it too many fucking times. 

Same as you each time I’ve seen the stones I’ve heard them play at least 1 song I’ve never heard them do before. Sometimes it’s been 3 songs in a set I’ve never heard live. 

It’s why I’ve seen them 16 years times and GnR half that. They’re still a great live band and when they hit the groove it’s fucking killer. Rambler & Gimmie shelter never fail groove wise. 

• GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

The

Stones website. Check for the lucky dip option. They usually appear at the general on sale time.

I just checked on the tour dates section, it only says tickets and vip. So it only shows up when they are actually available? At which time would that be, when tix go on sale initially or sporadically between that and the show?