Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Should be basking in the glow of having seen the stones last night in Vancouver.... 

The reports out of iorr don’t seem good. 2022 for the next tour. Fuck dunno If I’ll be alive then. Let alone Charlie Watts.  

If Seattle 2019 was my last show, it’s been a great 20 years of stones gigs. I went to see them in wembley stadium 99, thinking I was so lucky to see them once before they packed it in. I thought that again in 2003 and again in 2007....
Vancouver would have been my 16th gig.. but if I never see them again, I’ve been poxed with luck over the years and got great tickets for fuck all. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Looks like the Atlantic City show with Axl & Izzy is getting a pro release....

Even the Stones are releasing more GNR footage than Fernando... :lol:

I would've been at the Vancouver show too, would've been my first time seeing them. Hopefully I get another chance in a year or two...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was at that - the second night I think. Managed to download a boot of it from iorr.

Same here, second night! I was getting well lubricated during Sheryl Crowe’s set! 
There’s a bit of footage on YouTube from that gig. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Even the Stones are releasing more GNR footage than Fernando... :lol:

I would've been at the Vancouver show too, would've been my first time seeing them. Hopefully I get another chance in a year or two...

Well if it rolls around next summer, we have to get together for a beer or something else :slash: before the gig. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

New Tune coming tomorrow, think it’s a leftover from GHS... Better than the last release. Ghost town was cack. 

Sounds great.. I liked Ghost Town too.. I  thought it was absolutely perfect for the time it was released. Is this really a leftover from Goats Head Soup??

I actually just ordered an original 1970 Rolling Stone Magazine online last night that covered the Altamont show.. Cost like 80 bucks.. I had to have it.

There is also a new special on Amazon Prime movie that covers the Altamont show. It was pretty damn good  and done totally different than the "Gimme Shelter" movie which is also great. This one covers the whole 60's decade and how the Stones fit in.  It covers a lot of the decades political history and other bands from the decade but it all leads up to the Altamont show. It is called "Days of Rage".. Highly recommended!

Here is the magazine I bought.. So f'n cool..

tumblr_m3i05oCl1V1rvof0ro1_640.jpg

Edited by Tom-Ass

I'm excited! Goats Head Soup is a great album. Underrated imo. Obviously it is because it's the one following 4 of the greatest albums ever made in the history of music and imo not as transcendent as those, but it's still a really good album. Criss Cross sounds good and nicely pulls you in and gets better as it progresses. Excited to hear more! 

Edit: Isn't You Should Have Seen Her Ass also a Goats Head song? Think they'll include that one as well? I think they only put it on youtube but never properly released it.  

Edited by username

4 hours ago, username said:

I'm excited! Goats Head Soup is a great album. Underrated imo. Obviously it is because it's the one following 4 of the greatest albums ever made in the history of music and imo not as transcendent as those, but it's still a really good album. 

This was juts an incredible stretch of albums!

Beggar's Banquet
Let it Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile on Main St
Goats Head Soup
It's Only Rock n' Roll

Then a quick misfire when they were adjusting to a new guitarist with "Black N' Blue" before releasing "Some Girls" which is great as well. 

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

This was juts an incredible stretch of albums!

Beggar's Banquet
Let it Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile on Main St
Goats Head Soup
It's Only Rock n' Roll

Then a quick misfire when they were adjusting to a new guitarist with "Black N' Blue" before releasing "Some Girls" which is great as well. 

IORNR dips a bit into parody for me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, username said:

Edit: Isn't You Should Have Seen Her Ass also a Goats Head song? Think they'll include that one as well? I think they only put it on youtube but never properly released it.  

Goats Head Soup 2020, features three unheard tracks – Criss Cross, Scarlet (ft. Jimmy Page) & All The Rage – plus demo versions, outtakes, live performances & more! https://the-rolling-stones.lnk.to/GoatsHeadAlbumSo Deluxe 4LP & 4CD boxsets include the much sort after Brussels Affair, recorded live at the Forest National Arena in October 1973, plus a full disc of Rarities & Alternatives. The 4CD boxset also includes a 120 page book of rare photos & essays, plus four re-produced 1973 tour posters. Goats Head Soup 2020 is also available in deluxe 2CD & 2LP packages, as well as on cassette and standard CD or LP. Additional exclusives are also available from the Rolling Stones official store.

Edited by vloors

• 2 weeks later...

I am very happy with the Stones this year!

An all- new song, a touched up old track with Mick Taylor, and now a track with Jimmy Page!

Criss- Cross is definitely the cleaner of the two outtakes. It's just a solid jam. I think it's confirmed at least Jagger did some overdubs, idk about Scarlett. I agree that Scarlett can be a bit jumbled, especially the mix in that first verse, but I dig it. Great solos and interplay between Keith and Page and I dig the guitar riffing after the first solo break. 

Mixed reaction among my friends who are into the Stones. There’s definitely a lot going on and the lyrics are a bit meh, so I can sort of see why it was scrapped, but there’s definitely a tune buried in there.

• Like 1