South American Tour - Yet to be confirmed

ManetsBR

1466219-6243-ga.jpg

I'm the admin of Axl Rose - Fã Clube, and one of the other admin works at XYZ Live, one of the biggest concert promoters of South America, and he said there's a south american leg in works, and another source at TIme For Fun (4th biggest concert promoter in the world) confirmed that as well.

8vz.jpg

Well, with such info, we decided to investigate. One of our mods talked to Nikhil Raj Uzgare, signer and leader of the band Point Of View. Their last album Revolutionize the Revolutionary was produced by Bumblefoot, who played on the album as well. They opened the Guns N' Roses concert in Abu Dhabi. He confirmed GNR plans to play Brazil and Argentina and also said that they want to open the GNR concerts in Brazil.

guns.png

We're searching for more information.

Source

Edit:

Paradise City retweeted the following tweet by Guns N' Roses News: "Sources within promotion companies XYZ Live & Time For Fun suggest a South American @gunsnroses Tour is in the works."

That pretty much confirms that a South American Tour is in the works.

Edited by ManetsBR

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are all the "GnR can't play big venues" shit-talkers now? They won't show up in this thread, because recent history proves Guns is a huge draw in South America.

On the last leg they played for 70,000 on Paraguay and 50,000 on Argentina. On the previous one, on the year before, 50,000 at Argentina, Brazil and Peru too.

Well, in before the racist talks of how we are living decades behing on cultural aspects.

Edited by ManetsBR

So how long is it since they played the exact same show in South America?

I was at São Paulo 2010 show, so, for me it's 3 years. And if this get confirmed, i will love to hear Estranged, Don't Cry, The Seeker, Used to Love Her, New Dizzy, DJ and Fortus solos, Objectify or Glad to Be Here and maybe Civil War and Catcher in the Rye

I was at São Paulo 2010 show, so, for me it's 3 years. And if this get confirmed, i will love to hear Estranged, Don't Cry, The Seeker, Used to Love Her, New Dizzy, DJ and Fortus solos, Objectify or Glad to Be Here and maybe Civil War and Catcher in the Rye

So we have here the possibility of 11 performances that could be different from the last concert you attended in person three years ago based on the recent setlists.Not bad.

So we have here the possibility of 11 performances that could be different from the last concert you attended in person three years ago based on the recent setlists.Not bad.

Yes man, not bad :) And i want to take my girlfriend for her first GN'R show also :)

is current GNR a bigger draw in south america than in USA for chidem tours?

Guns have a history of being like The Beatles in South America. When the old band performed there for the first time at Rock In Rio 1991 it was like monster shows both nights, at least thats the vibe I got from watching the YouTube re-runs. Same thing when Axl and the old-new band played Rock In Rio 2001. and just the other day I was watching a 1993 concert from Argentina and there was a lot of energy coming from both the band and the crowd in that gig as well. I haven't really payed attention to their 2010 or 2011 South American shows except for Rock In Rio 2011 and...well let's not talk about that

Speaking of which, does this make it more likely that the band will play Rock In Rio 2013? Or is it too late now cause the bill is full?

Edited by rocknroll41

It's too late for Rock in Rio now. All the headliners have been announced. But from the last interview with the promoter, I understood that he's willing to add Guns N' Roses for an upcoming edition. There'll be the first Rock in Rio Buenos Aires next year... hum...

Where are all the "GnR can't play big venues" shit-talkers now? They won't show up in this thread, because recent history proves Guns is a huge draw in South America.

They are playjng big venues everywhere except in Us (in US thay can fill arenas in la,neyork,chicago)...I watched them in Sofia in fron of 35000 people and in Serbia in front of 30000...As we could see thay playes big shows in uae,australia,india,europe

They are playjng big venues everywhere except in Us (in US thay can fill arenas in la,neyork,chicago)...I watched them in Sofia in fron of 35000 people and in Serbia in front of 30000...As we could see thay playes big shows in uae,australia,india,europe

Hmm, I guess this means I shouldn't believe all the threads which say how bad the numbers are for touring. I'm from the U.S., but I freely acknowledge and even dig the fact that Guns n Roses is a GLOBAL band. For some posters around here, they can't see past the United States. They try to downplay or hide the fact that GnR is a worldwide band. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing to me, because I know the U.S. has a stereotype/reputation for being self-centered.

I relish the fact that GnR is putting up huge numbers in South America. I'd love to be at a show with all that positive energy. No offense to Thomas Meadow or Sonofabitch and their bird hands thing which they were reeeeeeally proud of, but I wouldn't want to be at a show with those types of people. I'd rather be at a gig in South America, where there is real energy and the vibe is electric.

Edited by brainsaber