New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

• 2 weeks later...

This is insane

66th record

Studio albums

Bucketheadland (1992) Giant Robot (1994) The Day of the Robot (1996) Colma (1998) Monsters and Robots (1999) Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse (2001) Funnel Weaver (2002) Bermuda Triangle (2002) Electric Tears (2002) Bucketheadland 2 (2003) Island of Lost Minds (2004) Population Override (2004) The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell (2004) Enter the Chicken (2005) Kaleidoscalp (2005) Inbred Mountain (2005) The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock (2006) Crime Slunk Scene (2006) Pepper's Ghost (2007) Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot (2007) Cyborg Slunks (2007) Albino Slug (2008) Slaughterhouse on the Prairie (2009) A Real Diamond in the Rough (2009) Forensic Follies (2009) Needle in a Slunk Stack (2009) Shadows Between the Sky (2010) Spinal Clock (2010) Captain EO's Voyage (2010) 3 Foot Clearance (2010) It's Alive (2011) Empty Space (2011) Underground Chamber (2011) Look Up There (2011) Electric Sea (2012) Balloon Cement (2012) The Shores of Molokai (2012) Racks (2012) March of the Slunks (2012) The Silent Picture Book (2012) Forgotten Library (2013) Pike 12 (2013) Pike 13 (2013) Pike 14 (2013) Pike 15 (2013) Pike 16 (2013) Pike 17 (2013) Pike 18 (2013) Pike 19 (2013) Pike 20 (2013) Pike 21 (2013) Pike 22 (2013) Telescape (2013) Slug Cartilage (2013) Pancake Heater (2013) Worms for the Garden (2013) Halls of Dimension (2013) Feathers (2013) Splatters (2013) Mannequin Cemetery (2013) Pearson's Square (2013) Rise of the Blue Lotus (2013) Pumpkin (2013) Thank you Ohlinger's (2013) The Pit (2013) Hollowed Out (2013)

Extended plays

KFC Skin Piles (2001)

Special releases

In Search of The (2007) Acoustic Shards (2007) Bucketheadland Blueprints (re-release) (2007) From the Coop (2008)

Videos

Secret Recipe (2005) Young Buckethead Vol. 1 (2006) Young Buckethead Vol. 2 (2006)

Demos

Giant Robot (1991) Bucketheadland Blueprints (1991)

As Death Cube K

Dreamatorium (1994) Disembodied (1997) Tunnel (1999) DCK (2007) Monolith (2007) Torn from Black Space (2009)

Notable songs

"Welcome to Bucketheadland" (1994) "Binge and Grab (instrumental version)" (1994) "Big Sur Moon" (1998) "The Ballad of Buckethead" (1999) "Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse" (2001) "Spokes for the Wheel of Torment" (2004) "We Are One" (2005) "Botnus" (2005) "Three Fingers" (2005) Nottingham Lace" (2005) "Jordan" (2006) "The Landing Beacon" (2009)

with Artists

Alix Lambert & Travis Dickerson

Running After Deer

Bryan "Brain" Mantia

Kevin's Noodle House Brain as Hamenoodle

Brain and Melissa Reese

Best Regards Kind Regards

Jonas Hellborg & Michael Shrieve

Octave of the Holy Innocents

Travis Dickerson

Chicken Noodles Chicken Noodles II Iconography Left Hanging

Travis Dickerson and Brain

The Dragons of Eden

Shin Terai

Unison Heaven & Hell Lightyears

Viggo Mortensen

One Less Thing to Worry About Recent Forgeries The Other Parade One Man's Meat Pandemoniumfromamerica Please Tomorrow This, That, and The Other Intelligence Failure At All Reunion

with Bands

Deli Creeps

Deli Creeps Demo Tape 1991 Deli Creeps Demo Tape 1996 Dawn of the Deli Creeps

Praxis

Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis) Sacrifist Metatron Live in Poland Transmutation Live Collection Warszawa Zurich Tennessee 2004 Profanation (Preparation for a Coming Darkness)

Cornbugs

Spot the Psycho Cemetery Pinch How Now Brown Cow Brain Circus Donkey Town Rest Home for Robots Skeleton Farm Celebrity Psychos Quackers! Headcheese

Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis Axiology Anatomize

Guns N' Roses

Chinese Democracy

Cobra Strike

13th Scroll Cobra Strike II: Y, Y+B, X+Y <hold> ←

Bands: Pieces Giant Robot Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains Gorgone Science Faxtion Frankenstein Brothers

Labels: Serjical Strike Records TDRS Music Axiom Sony Japan Higher Octave

I wish he'd stop with the pikes already and write a full 45-60 minute album with proper song structure. The 30 minutes of random noodling just doesn't do it for me.. Its great that he gives us so much music but a lot of these pikes feel half assed and with a lot of filler and the odd gem (Worms for the Garden is epic).

I wish he'd stop with the pikes already and write a full 45-60 minute album with proper song structure. The 30 minutes of random noodling just doesn't do it for me.. Its great that he gives us so much music but a lot of these pikes feel half assed and with a lot of filler and the odd gem (Worms for the Garden is epic).

I view the pikes as whole 30~min pieces. With some of them it's easy to pick out individual favorites, but that's more with the earlier Pikes. But I guess around the time he started doing the special editions, they became more like cohesive bodies of work, a lot of them had songs that were 2 mins and less, so it kind of has to flow together to work. I agree about wanting him to do another full album though.

agreed

• 2 weeks later...

I view the pikes as whole 30~min pieces. With some of them it's easy to pick out individual favorites, but that's more with the earlier Pikes. But I guess around the time he started doing the special editions, they became more like cohesive bodies of work, a lot of them had songs that were 2 mins and less, so it kind of has to flow together to work. I agree about wanting him to do another full album though.

Albums are dead (especially for non-mainstream artists). Buckethead is ahead of the curve when it comes to formatting his releases.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a drum machine a lot of the time

I see.. Thanks! Cause I was thinking "whoever is playing this is AMAZINGLY FAST" and then a second question popped up: "how does buckethead sell enough albums to make a profit if he has to hire a drummer, an artist for album covers, studio time and distribution?" But it's most likely that it's a drum machine, hes got a good home studio and the cover artist must be a friend or has a ling-lasting deal with him." Because, man... I'm dealing with costs have never imagined just releasing a 5-song EP for my band :D

Albums are dead (especially for non-mainstream artists). Buckethead is ahead of the curve when it comes to formatting his releases.

I disagree. My local record store is always jam packed and there is more non-mainstream than one would imagine.

I've enjoyed BH over the years but i think the last year has been over-load, in a negative way, and I won't bother listening to it all. I'm sure the die-hards will disagree but to each their own.

I've enjoyed BH over the years but i think the last year has been over-load, in a negative way, and I won't bother listening to it all. I'm sure the die-hards will disagree but to each their own.

I agree. I just couldn't keep up with pikes after Forgotten Library. I'm still trying to listen to all the pikes but it's just way too much at once.