Axl Rose out at London Nightclub

Amir

Lol.

Recording, releasing and showcasing new music?

Axl has put out ONE album since deciding to keep the GnR name alive. One album in the last 15 years.

28%........like usual, you adjust your numbers to fit whatever point you are trying to make.

The last show GnR did, I believe is the March 28th show (I could be wrong, maybe there was one after, but it's the first one that popped up in this section).

How about these numbers, since you like to post numbers.

0 songs out of the 22 played were songs created and released to the fans in the past 4.5 years.

4 of the 22 songs were from CD. That is 18%, nowhere close to 28%.

You miss the point on the strong back catalog as well. (I know you are doing it on purpose, but whatever).

GnR has only released four full length albums of original material. One EP. And one covers album. In 25 years. How many has Metallica released in that same time period? Bon Jovi? Those bands have a strong back catalog of music. Metallica has what, maybe 150 songs to choose from while GnR has 90?

It is always entertaining to debate with you on the forum. You will ignore an entire post full of points and search out the smallest thing to argue about. Half the time I'm writing responses to you I'm thinking "What the hell, we actually agree on the main point, but he is taking some small off shoot and making a big deal out of it.......just to argue."

I love CD and wish they played more of it live. I'd prefer to hear more CD songs and have them drop songs like Its So Easy and covers like LALD and Heaven's Door.

I think Axl still has the talent that if he released 2-3 more albums over the past decade, they all would have done as well as CD, and he could easily play shows that were 50% old band and 50% new band. As I think songs like SOD, Better and Catcher stack up with all the old classics.

Unfortunately, Axl has chosen to not make releasing music a priority in his post-classic band line-up. Which sucks for fans of him, and fans of the current band.

Last show............0 songs played that the band has released in the last 4.5 years. And 82% of the songs played were created by the old band..........or 100% of the songs played were NOT created by the current band.

Yes, that is correct. On the entire last tour, not one actual song that was played was created/released/showcased by the current band.

Soul, unless I missed something.........

I will deeply apologize if you can point to a song that was created by the current band (not a solo or a jam) and was played live or officially released to the public over the past 4.5 years. Thanks in advance. Normally I would say you would need to provide a list of 10-20 songs to prove that Axl wasn't living off the past. But in this case, I'll just ask for ONE.

One song created by the current band that was played live and/or released in the past four years. If your point is accurate, this should be pretty easy for you to do:

I disagree with your comments. Playing 5-6 songs off a new album can't be marked for any kind of a judgement unless we know how many albums that band has released.

Playing about 28 % new material when you have a strong back catalogue like GN'R, means the band is putting a lot of focus on the new material and is absolutely not just "living off the past" as you claimed. A band who is "living off the past" wouldn't bother with recording, releasing, and showcasing new music.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.

Axl has put out ONE album since deciding to keep the GnR name alive. One album in the last 15 years.

28%........like usual, you adjust your numbers to fit whatever point you are trying to make.

The last show GnR did, I believe is the March 28th show (I could be wrong, maybe there was one after, but it's the first one that popped up in this section).

I was talking about the average the last few years ;).

And yes, playing such a high amount of new music means the band is intent on showcasing new music. Surely no one would expect them to play MORE music from a record that wasn't very favourably received? The fact that the band released a record of original music only 4-5 years ago means the band isn't just "living off the past" as you hilariously claimed.

I'm glad you think that my point, which is the belief shared by the majority of people in the world concerning GnR, is hilarious.

Axl has released one album of original material in the past 20 years.

At the last show of this current tour, the band played 4 songs that were from an album created five years ago.

You didn't answer my actual question though.

You said this band is showcasing music they created and released..........could you list me the songs you are talking about the band showcasing? Any song this current band has created in the last four and a half years:

Or did you mean to say that this current band is "showcasing" music created by entirely different line-ups - the majority from the 80's and 90's, and one album from 2008, that was created by a different line-up of musicans than what is gracing the stage today. They are NOT "showcasing" any music created by the current band.

SO in your mind........they are not living off the past, but are showcasing the present...........even though they play zero songs created by the current band, and zero songs created by Axl in the last 4.5 years? Does that sum it up correctly?

I guess that really isn't hilarious. More like sad for those of us who love Axl Rose music and wish he would release more of it, and that he would give the current band a chance to shine on their own merits.

Lol.

I was talking about the average the last few years ;).

And yes, playing such a high amount of new music means the band is intent on showcasing new music. Surely no one would expect them to play MORE music from a record that wasn't very favourably received? The fact that the band released a record of original music only 4-5 years ago means the band isn't just "living off the past" as you hilariously claimed.

Well, for not being relevant to popular music in almost 20 years he´s done pretty well selling out shows all over the world...doesn´t that ring a bell?. Unless you consider popular music Justin Biever & co.

He is touring off of songs written by a completely different band twenty years ago..........that's the point that people like you can't seem to grasp. The reason that Axl has to play EVERY classic song is because he has released just one album of material since leaving the old guys. He can't replace old classic songs, because he doesn't have new songs that people want to hear live. If you go to a show and the Stones don't play Start Me Up, Bon Jovi doesn't play Always and Metallica doesn't play Fade To Black, it's because they have other classic songs to choose from. GnR doesn't have that option, simply because of lack of music output since Axl decided to keep the name alive.

I would love for Axl to be relevant in the music world because of the music he and his current band are creating. I think Axl still has the talent to do that. I think the Robin/Bucket line-up had the talent to do it. I think the current band has the talent to do that.

You seem happy that Axl's "past" is able to help him make money today........I think he could be just as relevant today as he was 20 years ago.

But we're labeled as being bitter ex-fans.........simply because we wish our favorite singer would do more with his career, rather than just live off the past.

And here we go again with groghan and his arrogant attitude. The fact that I don´t agree with what you and others say doesn´t mean that I don´t understand or that I am stupid. I know the songs are from 20 years ago written with the old band and HIMSELF too,and that he´s only released one album of new material but even if he released 25 new albums people would still want the hits to be played. The people who attend the shows know there aren´t any new albums and that they are going to have afd, uyi and cd and even though they know it they still choose to go to the shows. Doesn´t that speak volumes?. Oh and by saying all this I am not implying that I don´t want any new music, of course I do but instead of bashing and complaining I prefer to enjoy what we have because, with new music or not, Axl Rose who happens to be the lead singer of my favourite band is active and touring and THAT is better than years and years of silence.

Nice post. Glad to see another member can sniff out Groghanism.

Nov Rain. You do make me laugh with your total dedication to all things Axl. I post my opinion and I'm arrogant and a bully. You post your opinion.......and it's just because you are a die-hard fan. Why do YOU have to insult people that disagree with you? I didn't say you were stupid. But the fact you MAKE my point in your rant, while insulting me and trying to show me how I'm wrong..........well, I'm not sure what to say about that.

You are correct. The fact that fans still come to hear the OLD songs does speak volumes. We agree on that.

YOU are happy with that. Me - the "bitter ex-fan hater" isn't. I wish my favorite singer WOULD put out more music and would give this current band a chance to shine. I think Axl and the current band could create more classic songs that would draw people to future shows. I guess you don't agree with that.

Groghan I didn´t insult you, I called you arrogant which is not an insult but a descriptive adjective. And yes, you are right, you didn´t call me stupid but you implied it with the tone of your post as you do everytime you talk to me. And again, having a different view doesn´t mean that I don´t understand things.

I already said what I think and my post is clear enough so don´t bother twisting and manipulating what I said by dissecting my post and writing a detailed essay so that the uneducated masses can se how smart and articulate you are. We already know that doing this makes you feel important but honey....enough. :kiss:

Back on topic, Angeles those pics are pretty cool where did you find them?

Back on topic, Angeles those pics are pretty cool where did you find them?

here you have the link

with an amazing Axl Rose... was a big honour to have him with us tonight and hear his kind words to us! Birthday Party/DJ Lino/Fashion TV — with Lenka Chubukliyeva and Bloom Twins at Tonteria.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362517570515147&set=pb.297292280371010.-2207520000.1366332939.&type=3&theater

Edited by Angeles_

• 6 months later...

I was told that Axl traveled to London for a few days just for his friend"s (James Edwin Parker Birmingham) birthday party at the Chelsea club. Does anybody else know how good a friend James Edwin Parker Birmingham is to Axl? He must be a good friend to travel for a few days!

http://www.tatler.com/bystander/events/2013/april/james-parker-birminghams-birthday-party#/9993/image/3

From tatler: James Edwin Parker Birmingham 's birthday party

Birthday parties don't need to stop on school nights. James Edwin Parker Birmingham made sure of that when he took over Tonteria and filled it with all his closest friends and family (and gaggles of pretty girls). Oh, and Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses (the ACTUAL one). Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe and Ed Spencer-Churchill spent most of the night downing shots from the tequila choo-choo train, while Axl decided to take himself behind the bar - no one was going to stop him - and dish out frozen margaritas toDiego Bivero-Volpe and Olivia Grant. When the clock struck midnight, Guy Pelly and Marc Burton dressed up in giant Mexican-inspired masks and wheeled out an enormous present to the birthday boy. Then - bam! Three Tonteria dancers sprung out like ballerinas and everyone sang, cheered and clapped along, before getting back to the very serious business of drinking.

I'm struggling to see the connection, but I believe Axl was on his way back from the middle east from the GNR tour. London a normal bridgeway to america. How he knows Axl is anyone's guess, the guy seems to be a lot younger than Axl and the brief description on the internet is states nothing about ever being in america or being in the music industry. Hmmm.

Any MI5 analysts out there?

Edited by Axl_morris

I suspect what happened is Axl was on a stop over in London and requested to be on the guest list of the most exclusive and happening club in London, found out it was booked for a private bash and the birthday boy said fuck yeah of course I want Axl at my party. They probably don't know each other at all but a party is a party especially one with semi naked girls. Lol.

I don´t understand why people never consider the fact that he obviously has mental issues. I suffer from major depressive episodes and i´m glad that nobody judges me for the way i look when i feel bad. And even in times when i recover i don´t look perfectly fine because of the lack of sleep / weight gain / weight loss / medication etc. I´m far from being 50 but i´m sure that it will be more difficult then to look alright due to the stress/mental issues.

well said.

mods: this is the 3rd time today i'm making this two word post. is there a reason why it's been deleted the prior 2 times? i don't understand what's wrong with it.. i simply like what '117jule' said because i feel it provides some good perspective. can you at least PM me if there's something wrong? :shrugs:

Edited by paranoyd androyd

I don´t understand why people never consider the fact that he obviously has mental issues. I suffer from major depressive episodes and i´m glad that nobody judges me for the way i look when i feel bad. And even in times when i recover i don´t look perfectly fine because of the lack of sleep / weight gain / weight loss / medication etc. I´m far from being 50 but i´m sure that it will be more difficult then to look alright due to the stress/mental issues.

well said.

mods: this is the 3rd time today i'm making this two word post. is there a reason why it's been deleted the prior 2 times? i don't understand what's wrong with it.. i simply like what '117jule' said because i feel it provides some good perspective. can you at least PM me if there's something wrong? :shrugs:

PM sent.

No, a person working at the club said that Axl flew from New York just for this birthday party and that have known each other for a long time. Axl just came for the birthday party.

I have heard about this guy as he is a nephew of Princess Diana, cousin of Prince William & Harry or something. I have also Googled him and seen the Fashion Television thing.