What was your best GNR item related steal?

jman2000

Do you have all/most of your Gn'R stuff displayed, troccoli?

Sadly, none of it is displayed. I sure hope to change that sometime in the near future. Of course the first step is needing a bigger place.

Other amazing steals:

http://www.troccolitm.com/ShirtRareAsFuck.html - $150 if I remember correctly. A steal given the rarity

http://www.troccolitm.com/Ring.html - $1300 I believe. A steal given the gold value and the rarity/historical significance concerning GNR. Plus it comes with provenance - the bill of sale from Steven's mom to the place I bought it from!

Hah, both of those, I no sooner made a deposit into my account and then they were gone. But, I have got to see both in person and I know where they have ended up so I'm glad they're safe! ;)

TAB - I recall the Robe! I was so pissed I missed the ending of the auction!

Glad you got to see them! TAY - Did you get those Axl converse shoes repaired yet?

TAY has Axl's converse shoes? Lucky bastard.

Sadly, none of it is displayed. I sure hope to change that sometime in the near future. Of course the first step is needing a bigger place.

>>>>>>>

Other amazing steals:

http://www.troccolitm.com/ShirtRareAsFuck.html - $150 if I remember correctly. A steal given the rarity

http://www.troccolitm.com/Ring.html - $1300 I believe. A steal given the gold value and the rarity/historical significance concerning GNR. Plus it comes with provenance - the bill of sale from Steven's mom to the place I bought it from!

Hah, both of those, I no sooner made a deposit into my account and then they were gone. But, I have got to see both in person and I know where they have ended up so I'm glad they're safe! ;)

Glad you got to see them! TAY - Did you get those Axl converse shoes repaired yet?

To be honest they werent repairable and the condition of the converse was just to terrible Dirty, unclean, unfixable

I actually sent them back so someone else is welcome to contact that seller. But personally I wouldnt want something in that bad condition

I was hoping I could restore them but didn't turn out that way

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

>

>>>>>

Other amazing steals:

To be honest they werent repairable and the condition of the converse was just to terrible Dirty, unclean, unfixable

I actually sent them back so someone else is welcome to contact that seller. But personally I wouldnt want something in that bad condition

More details please? Who was the seller? Around what price did you pay if you don't mind asking? Also, did Axl actually wear them/were they a pair made for him? Because I already have Converse Weapon Turtledoves I'm wearing right now, I don't need repros. If they were actually ones Axl wore I'd be interested.

>>>>>

&am

p;am

p;am

p;gt

;>>>>

Other amazing steals:

More details please? Who was the seller? Around what price did you pay if you don't mind asking? Also, did Axl actually wear them/were they a pair made for him? Because I already have Converse Weapon Turtledoves I'm wearing right now, I don't need repros. If they were actually ones Axl wore I'd be interested.

Probably best to contact ebay user sbot1024 and ask him all the questions

Be aware that the shoes are in terrible condition and smell they have alot of glue marks around the soles and the soles have lifted (I doubt Axl wore them) (They also don't have Axl on the tongue like the estranged shoes)

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I don't have any actual proof but they guy i got from was his neighbor at the time and when Axl moved he left a bunch of things in the trash and the guy said this was one of the things he had left. it looks real. even has wear marks from being in a wallet. don't think I could part with it. Not for any amount that anyone would be willing too pay anyway. lol its my favorite item in my collection. I am guessing that card was all over Europe when it was actually active.

I live in NJ. When I was 17, My Friend Eddie and I went to New York to visit some girls we knew. They lived in NY City. They suggested we go down to some of the local record stores because of the large variety of obscure records, bands,imports,etc. My Buddy Ed and I were both very big rock & metal fans. GNR had just hit MTV, and 'Welcome to the Jungle' was like nothing I had heard before. The first time I heard it,I went out and bought Appetite. We looked all over the place in bins and on the shelves and we mostly found lots of copies of Appetite. We almost gave up, when we stumbled upon something we were not familiar with. It was called, 'Live like a suicide', on cassette. The price, $6.98! But they only had one copy,and we both wanted it.We decided to flip a coin and see who would get it. I won! I bought it,and we listened to it in the car all the way back to NJ. We were blown away. We had no idea what we found or how rare it was. When I got back to my small town in NJ, all of the kids my age were into GNR by now,and wanted the tape. A few people found the tape for sale from a couple music sellers in the back of music magazines. A few people had tried to order it, but they were all sold out. We didnt know how few copies were in existance. It wasnt until LIES came out that we knew what we had,and how rare it was. I held onto it for many years,and then about 10 years ago when I was hurting for cash,I sold it on Ebay for about $100. I regret getting rid of it sometimes, but it was cool just to have owned it, and have bought it when it was freshly released

Edited by morf13

Great deals there williambailey01! I also noticed that your picture was used by Slash on instagram! Nice! :)

Yeah it was pretty funny when I saw that Slash posted it!

My mate who is doing the creepy photobomb in the background has been getting lots of shit from us about it. His peeping face now shared around the world thanks to Slash. haha

Great deals there williambailey01! I also noticed that your picture was used by Slash on instagram! Nice! :)

Yeah it was pretty funny when I saw that Slash posted it!

My mate who is doing the creepy photobomb in the background has been getting lots of shit from us about it. His peeping face now shared around the world thanks to Slash. haha

There were people who were specifically saying, look at that perv by the window! I was laughing so hard, me knowing exactly whos photo it was. Once again, good job dude! :)

Recently got hold of a whole pack with 15 picture vinyls.

Sweet Child O' Mine - 10" EP (Special Edition Revolving Sleeve)

Sweet Child O' Mine - Cross Shaped (Cut)

Its so easy PD 12"

Don´t Cry 12" PD

Paradise City PD 10" Holster sleeve - Pistol Shape Vinyl (cut)

Welcome to jungle PD 12" w/orig sticker

November Rain PD 12"

Live n let die 12" Ltd Orange vinyl

You could be mine PD Terminator clear 12"

Yesterdays PD 12" ltd

November Rain 12" Etched

Nice Boys Int LP red

Appetite for conversation LP Blue

Welcome to the junlge 12" PD

Rock Sagas PD LP

All for $450 Don't know if it was a bargain but atleast I did not have to look around for all of them and now I got them and can search more for other rares :-)

No I know....but one thing is that I live in Sweden and as is most items are more available in the US from where I most of the time have to pay $18 in shipping costs. Also customs can give us a hazzle if we're unlucky. This was an easy buy from a record store here so I'm satisfied anyway :-)

This weeks buy was Spaghetti Incident - New but not sealed - 1993 Holland print for $13...

Good items odi, not sure if that was that great of a deal though. At least you're happy and can get more items! :)

I've thought about this for a while, my favorite steals have been; my three Appetite leathers (two of which are prototypes), UYI leather, okay I'll keep it simple and say all the jackets, Guns N' Moses shirt, Versace shirt, Axl n' Elvis pin, and Street Of Dreams single. Not totally my best steals, but my favorites by far.

I've thought about this for a while, my favorite steals have been; my three Appetite leathers (two of which are prototypes), UYI leather, okay I'll keep it simple and say all the jackets, Guns N' Moses shirt, Versace shirt, Axl n' Elvis pin, and Street Of Dreams single. Not totally my best steals, but my favorites by far.

Fuck, I want that pin and that Versace shirt! Very awesome items