Suggestions for a Guns N' Roses tattoo?

SoNobodyToldYaBaby

The snake and the rose from the Hollywood Rose CD cover with something else written on it instead of Hollywood Rose. I was thinking maybe "Victory or Death".

Hollywood%20Rose.jpg

Edited by Jackamo!

I'm a fan of the less blatant, obvious GNR reference tattoos. Mine is a one-off logo (from 2010), which I altered to more of a tattoo design. I like ones like the Pretty Tied Up chick, the original AFD artwork, stuff from booklets or obscure little references. That sounds kinda hipster-ish :lol: Basically, I'm trying to say that I agree that the AFD cross is unoriginal, so go through booklets, box sets, whatever, look for designs you like in there.

You could also use video references. Like "Lose Your Illusion" from the end of the Estranged video or something.

I'm a fan of the less blatant, obvious GNR reference tattoos. Mine is a one-off logo (from 2010), which I altered to more of a tattoo design. I like ones like the Pretty Tied Up chick, the original AFD artwork, stuff from booklets or obscure little references. That sounds kinda hipster-ish :lol: Basically, I'm trying to say that I agree that the AFD cross is unoriginal, so go through booklets, box sets, whatever, look for designs you like in there.

You could also use video references. Like "Lose Your Illusion" from the end of the Estranged video or something.

Couldn't agree more.

in my opinion, you should think of something that can be related to GNR rather than a logo or picture that they have. Its like putting a trademark logo on your skin, its almost cheesy when I see people with tattoos that are popular band logos. This is just my opinion. and also before getting a tattoo its good to think about it for about a year or so to make sure its something you really want to have. Axl has even said that last sentence in the interview at CBGB, its a great piece of advice. For example my "gnr" tattoo is only associated with the band because it has three small letters 'GNR" on the bottom of a music score that wraps around an old school microphone, which is now surrounded by roses

in my opinion, you should think of something that can be related to GNR rather than a logo or picture that they have. Its like putting a trademark logo on your skin, its almost cheesy when I see people with tattoos that are popular band logos. This is just my opinion. and also before getting a tattoo its good to think about it for about a year or so to make sure its something you really want to have. Axl has even said that last sentence in the interview at CBGB, its a great piece of advice. For example my "gnr" tattoo is only associated with the band because it has three small letters 'GNR" on the bottom of a music score that wraps around an old school microphone, which is now surrounded by roses

On my tattoo, the GNR forms the features of a skull. The G is an eye, the N the nose, the R the other eye.

On my tattoo, the GNR forms the features of a skull. The G is an eye, the N the nose, the R the other eye.

that is cool, creativity is what makes some cool pieces of art!

Axl has a black rose tattoo, taken from the cover art of a Thin Lizzy album

0731453229921.jpg

The artists name is Jim Fitzpatrick who designed a bunch of other album covers for Thin Lizzy as well as designing the famous Che Guevara image.

2471391862_5531bfdbc6.jpg?v=0

Just google Jim Fitzpatrick art and you will find a bunch of his designs. Some of them would be cool tattoos.

Actually I am surprised Axl didn't ask him to design the cover of CD

I'm getting the words "nobody knows I'm

A lesbian" written under the image of the girl reading a book from the use your illusion albums.

They both have something to do with GN'R, but putting the two images together makes no sense to me. Would be a bit like getting the Coma image with "November Rain" written underneath..

I've always liked the School of Athens frescoe (among others from Raphael), and as a fan of GN'R it would be the perfect tattoo for me. But I'm not getting it since it has become such a common tattoo now. So I wouldn't feel it's that personal to me anymore... But that's just me.

Edited by Jeez