June 1st, 2013 - Lubbock, TX

WAR™

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing Street of Dreams, Maddy, Sorry, Whole Lotta Rosie and Civil War at least... Nothing to say about I.R.S., If the World, Scraped, Shackler's and TWAT

Nothing to say is a great track but I highly doubt they'll cover it...

Missing Street of Dreams, Maddy, Sorry, Whole Lotta Rosie and Civil War at least... Nothing to say about I.R.S., If the World, Scraped, Shackler's and TWAT

Nothing to say is a great track but I highly doubt they'll cover it...

I'm still hoping that Axl is going to introduce Matt Shadows and Slash to play Nothing to Say :(

Edited by FabioRoses

Just got back from the concert and it really was amazing. To those of you who sit at home and read the set list then watch YouTube videos this isn't for you. The concert was similar to many in the past, but the energy of actually being there and hearing the songs live is incredible. You can hear when he hits higher notes and know they won't translate well, but in concert those notes come off with great power and energy. By no means weak. The rest of the band is great in how they interact with the crowd, but when Axl's on stage all eyes are on him. There's no doubt he is Guns n Roses and deserves the title more than anyone. His energy was amazing. I can't get over how much he's moving around for a nearly 3 hour concert. The seeker caught the crowd off guard but they loved it! There was a funny moment when Axl picked up a quarter and said "ohh a quarter" bumble foot held out his hand and Axl said "fu*k you it's my quarter".

I can't tell anyone enough how great he was tonight. I know most of you have experienced it before, but from the moment the crowd first lays eyes on him you know your watching a legend. He apologized for being late during KOHD, he said it was electrical problems and he was there at 3:30 this afternoon but the opening band didn't start till 9:30. Axl came on about 20 min after their set ended.

It was awesome seeing him play live and easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. He truly is an incredible entertainer. We take his brilliance for granted often. The crowd loved him. Everyone was shocked how fun the show was from start to finish and how great Axl was. He made jokes throughout and put on a great show! Couldn't ask for much more from a frontman when he's on stage.

Just got back from the concert and it really was amazing. To those of you who sit at home and read the set list then watch YouTube videos this isn't for you. The concert was similar to many in the past, but the energy of actually being there and hearing the songs live is incredible. You can hear when he hits higher notes and know they won't translate well, but in concert those notes come off with great power and energy. By no means weak. The rest of the band is great in how they interact with the crowd, but when Axl's on stage all eyes are on him. There's no doubt he is Guns n Roses and deserves the title more than anyone. His energy was amazing. I can't get over how much he's moving around for a nearly 3 hour concert. The seeker caught the crowd off guard but they loved it! There was a funny moment when Axl picked up a quarter and said "ohh a quarter" bumble foot held out his hand and Axl said "fu*k you it's my quarter".

I can't tell anyone enough how great he was tonight. I know most of you have experienced it before, but from the moment the crowd first lays eyes on him you know your watching a legend. He apologized for being late during KOHD, he said it was electrical problems and he was there at 3:30 this afternoon but the opening band didn't start till 9:30. Axl came on about 20 min after their set ended.

It was awesome seeing him play live and easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. He truly is an incredible entertainer. We take his brilliance for granted often. The crowd loved him. Everyone was shocked how fun the show was from start to finish and how great Axl was. He made jokes throughout and put on a great show! Couldn't ask for much more from a frontman when he's on stage.

Finally some positivism!! I do wish they mix it up and also do new songs, but if they did a concert near me, I would do anything to go and see them!

Great review. Glad you enjoyed it.

Edited by alfierose

"To those of you who...watch youtube videos, this isnt for you."

"Jungle had a lot of power...I think this video shows just how much."

Hilarious contradiction aside, Thank You very much for the review and for posting the vid. One of the top Jungles in the past three years!

not my video, but when I was at the show I felt Jungle had alot of power behind it (more than usual). I think this video shows just how much.

Sounds pretty damn good. A little short of breath at times, but solid voice throughout. If he got into physical shape, I think he could still be a beast.

Hit the salad bar. Hit the treadmill. Hit the studio. #conquertheworld

Thanks! I understand the people who criticize the guys that defend his live performance over youtube videos, but there really is a big difference. These shows are awesome to go to. I'm sorry if it sucks to listen to some of the higher songs on youtube, but Axl's performing for his audience and nothing beats hearing him live. Everyone said how bored he looked and how he is just going through the motions before I went to this concert, but thats far from the truth. He is out there giving his all, laughing, interacting with his band, and the crowd. Maybe his concerts have more of a routine to them, but I think it helps him cut down on mistakes, be on stage on time, and be more consistent. He goes all out on these concerts and I know that may not be good enough for most of the posters here, but tonight he gave the crowd their moneys worth. The man is a legend. He was three feet in front of me for the majority of the night, and the amount of energy he produced is incredible. From beginning to end he puts on one of the best shows in the world. Frontmen like Axl only come along once in every generation, if at all. Bands seek the energy Axl brings to every concert in their bands and never find it. He is the reason so many people still come to GNR forums, and he is the reason we check the concert updates every tour. My hats off to him tonight, he really is incredible.

"To those of you who...watch youtube videos, this isnt for you."

"Jungle had a lot of power...I think this video shows just how much."

Hilarious contradiction aside, Thank You very much for the review and for posting the vid. One of the top Jungles in the past three years!

haha yea some things translate better than others I guess. I love the youtube videos too, they are the true test on our quest for a perfect Axl. I just didn't want my review ruined by a bunch of guys who post a youtube video and say "crap". I just wanted to describe the great experience of a live performance. But yea great Jungle!

Thanks! I understand the people who criticize the guys that defend his live performance over youtube videos, but there really is a big difference. These shows are awesome to go to. I'm sorry if it sucks to listen to some of the higher songs on youtube, but Axl's performing for his audience and nothing beats hearing him live. Everyone said how bored he looked and how he is just going through the motions before I went to this concert, but thats far from the truth. He is out there giving his all, laughing, interacting with his band, and the crowd. Maybe his concerts have more of a routine to them, but I think it helps him cut down on mistakes, be on stage on time, and be more consistent. He goes all out on these concerts and I know that may not be good enough for most of the posters here, but tonight he gave the crowd their moneys worth. The man is a legend. He was three feet in front of me for the majority of the night, and the amount of energy he produced is incredible. From beginning to end he puts on one of the best shows in the world. Frontmen like Axl only come along once in every generation, if at all. Bands seek the energy Axl brings to every concert in their bands and never find it. He is the reason so many people still come to GNR forums, and he is the reason we check the concert updates every tour. My hats off to him tonight, he really is incredible.

The thing you don't understand is that a lot of us who criticize certain youtube videos have also seen the band live many times over the years. It's not like we're just talking out of our asses. We've seen the differences between good and bad Axl, both on video and in person. Stop assuming you know someone else's experience.

Wow, pleasantly surprised by Axl in these videos.

The thing you don't understand is that a lot of us who criticize certain youtube videos have also seen the band live many times over the years. It's not like we're just talking out of our asses. We've seen the differences between good and bad Axl, both on video and in person. Stop assuming you know someone else's experience.

Yeah, I was a bit underwhelmed at the show I went to a few months ago, especially compared to other gigs I'd personally attended, but he sounds a lot better in these Texas vids.

yea I see where your coming from and I apologize if it comes off wrong. I know we all want Axl to be great, and for some of the guys who have been around here for over a decade there have been great moments, and really bad moments. It's part of having a public career I guess. My excitement and post about that concert and Axl as a frontman are completely my point of view after tonight. In my mind he was excellent. Some have different memories of Axl in concert, and so I have to respect that also. Your opinions are equally as valid as mine.

yea I see where your coming from and I apologize if it comes off wrong. I know we all want Axl to be great, and for some of the guys who have been around here for over a decade there have been great moments, and really bad moments. It's part of having a public career I guess. My excitement and post about that concert and Axl as a frontman are completely my point of view after tonight. In my mind he was excellent. Some have different memories of Axl in concert, and so I have to respect that also. Your opinions are equally as valid as mine.

:thumbsup: Terrific, humble post. Makes me feel bad, maybe I jumped down your throat a bit. :)

Glad you had a great time. The video you posted does sound really good. The best I've heard him in a while. I'm jealous. My last show was one of the weaker 2012 shows. But maybe he's turning it back on!

dear god that looks like shit

does not look like 7500 seater like it says, even with lawn

It's a good thing they're not playing at the United Spirit Arena, which is Texas Tech's basketball arena and has been known to host concerts like Van Halen. The arena is huge and seats 15,000+ people. No chance in hell they could even get it half-full for a nu-GN'R concert.

Melbourne had capacity of 24,000 and they played two dates. The second wasn't completely sold out, but came very close. March 16 & 17

haha well I don't like to see guys that think they know it all on here, and I dont want to be "that" guy. I like when people share their perspectives, and experiences on here. Whether those are good or bad. I mean I didn't go to a show in 2012 so me speaking as if I've seen every show isn't fair to you. I know what I saw tonight was excellent. I also know there are going to be songs like Rocket Queen or the second half of Used to Love Her that will pop up on youtube and people will think I'm deaf. I know he sang in a higher voice on these songs. So by no means did I see a perfect show. I do appreciate you being able to be respectful with me even if we don't see eye to eye. Maybe some more people on here will stop looking for an argument and just appreciate everyone's opinion while adding in how they felt about it. Some how I doubt that will happen, but I do hope you make a concert this year. It will be interesting to see how this year plays out for Axl because there does seem to be improvement.