June 1st, 2013 - Lubbock, TX

WAR™

He doesn't exactly sound the most powerful, but its about 50/60 percent head and chest voice (rasp) while the whole last 2 years it was 20 percent head/chest voice. I hope to god that he got self conscious after reading some youtube comments after Beta turned off the child locks on his PC.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't exactly sound the most powerful, but its about 50/60 percent head and chest voice (rasp) while the whole last 2 years it was 20 percent head/chest voice. I hope to god that he got self conscious after reading some youtube comments after Beta turned off the child locks on his PC.

I don't think it's as consistent as that. He's going from 100% rasp on WTTJ to no rasp on rocket queen and sweet child. Then on Paradise City he mixes it up, but I'd really love to hear sweet child with rasp again. That's just my personal preference though. I know songs like nighttrain and the seeker were amazing last night because he had so much energy and it was portrayed in his voice. It gave the audience a hit of energy to hear these songs sung in a classic Axl voice. But percentage wise of rasp It just varies song to song.

I actually don't like Richard's "delayed" bends and shred at the end of the first solo as well. Not how the solo was meant to be played but well, it's his own interpretation. Ashba has the decency to play it like Slash did but he just can't bend. At all. :nervous:

Guest cbgnr666

The band really seems tired and bored. :no:

The band seems like its on fire and full of rage,excitement and piss and vinegar.

The band seems like its on fire and full of rage,excitement and piss and vinegar.

Not when you compare them to a couple of years back. Bumble has even explicitly expressed his desire to stop touring and to get in a studio with the band.

Guest cbgnr666

Not when you compare them to a couple of years back. Bumble has even explicitly expressed his desire to stop touring and to get in a studio with the band.

Yes he has,and I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Sometimes when something happens eventually, nobody gives a fuck anymore.

I would think the recent touring, especially into new markets like India, Malaysia and Indonesia, would only help the sales of any future record. Also the extensive touring in USA seems to have at least stagnated the inane focus on previous lineups and established the current lineup as a touring juggernaut filled with extremely talented musicians. Again, this can't be bad for future record sales. Now the band need to take advantage of the momentum and get a record out as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I don't see a new record coming out until 2015 at the earliest, and hence another chapter in the big book of failed opportunities is being written before our eyes.