May 29th, 2013 - Dallas, TX

Un42nutzly

I wouldn't mind an intimate show at Granada Theater. I saw Adam Ant there last year and will see him there again in July.

Interestingly so, Velvet Revolver played there back in 2004. The show sold out almost immediately.

Really? I would have liked to have seen that. I only moved to DFW three years ago. I've had the fortune of going to at least one show a year since I moved here.

Yup. Here's an article:

http://theconcertman.tripod.com/concerts/dmnarticle3.html

DFW is definitely a great place for rock shows. So many rock bands come through the area. Texas in general is a haven for rock artists.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time GN'R played Dallas (2011), they nearly sold out the Gexa Energy Pavilion (maximum capacity - 20,111), so I'm surprised that they are playing such a smaller venue this time around. However, I've seen many shows there (including a GN'R cover band - some of you may consider this an irony), and it's a fantastic hall with great acoustics. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it as I'll be leaving Dallas two weeks prior to this show.

In my opinion, if they were truly downsizing due to lack of demand (as opposed to purposely booking a more "intimate" show), they would have booked a date at the Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie (maximum capacity - 6,350) rather than the House of Blues. Though, that is just a feeling I have.

On a different note, on their last Texas outing prior to the 2011 show, GN'R sold out Texas Stadium (maximum capacity - 65,675) on their tour with Metallica back in 1992. Things sure have changed...

Yeah, I was there and saw that it was almost sold out. I loved it! I was afraid since it had been twenty years since GNR came to Dallas, no one would show up, but the fans came out and showed their support.

I think since GNR had some festivals in and around Texas, it's possible the House of Blues made a deal with them. It says intimate show with GNR and limited seating, so I'm curious if they're not selling all the seats and limiting the SRO to a certain amount. I saw on the Dallas HOB site that the balcony tickets are $155 and SRO is $l35. There is a live nation pre-sale on Thursday at ten. Full sale is Friday at ten. I usually get the passwords to concerts, so I hope I get this one. I'm getting 4 tickets, but my son wants the pit, so I hope all the tickets are on sale at once since the show will be 4 weeks away.

I hate when shows at AA go on sale one day and they hold back some seats until the week before the show. You just don't know how fast a show will sell out.

I just hope all the GNR fans from two years ago come out again and support Axl and GNR. I just love the HOB venue. No matter where you sit you can see the stage, so this show is going to be awesome!

I hope they have new GNR shirts too. A poster would be cool of the the whole band too.

Anyway, whatever the reason GNR is coming back to Dallas, I'm just so damn excited about it and so are my family.

The last time GN'R played Dallas (2011), they nearly sold out the Gexa Energy Pavilion (maximum capacity - 20,111), so I'm surprised that they are playing such a smaller venue this time around. However, I've seen many shows there (including a GN'R cover band - some of you may consider this an irony), and it's a fantastic hall with great acoustics. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it as I'll be leaving Dallas two weeks prior to this show.

In my opinion, if they were truly downsizing due to lack of demand (as opposed to purposely booking a more "intimate" show), they would have booked a date at the Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie (maximum capacity - 6,350) rather than the House of Blues. Though, that is just a feeling I have.

On a different note, on their last Texas outing prior to the 2011 show, GN'R sold out Texas Stadium (maximum capacity - 65,675) on their tour with Metallica back in 1992. Things sure have changed...

Yeah, I was there and saw that it was almost sold out. I loved it! I was afraid since it had been twenty years since GNR came to Dallas, no one would show up, but the fans came out and showed their support.

I think since GNR had some festivals in and around Texas, it's possible the House of Blues made a deal with them. It says intimate show with GNR and limited seating, so I'm curious if they're not selling all the seats and limiting the SRO to a certain amount. I saw on the Dallas HOB site that the balcony tickets are $155 and SRO is $l35. There is a live nation pre-sale on Thursday at ten. Full sale is Friday at ten. I usually get the passwords to concerts, so I hope I get this one. I'm getting 4 tickets, but my son wants the pit, so I hope all the tickets are on sale at once since the show will be 4 weeks away.

I hate when shows at AA go on sale one day and they hold back some seats until the week before the show. You just don't know how fast a show will sell out.

I just hope all the GNR fans from two years ago come out again and support Axl and GNR. I just love the HOB venue. No matter where you sit you can see the stage, so this show is going to be awesome!

I hope they have new GNR shirts too. A poster would be cool of the the whole band too.

Anyway, whatever the reason GNR is coming back to Dallas, I'm just so damn excited about it and so are my family.

Right on! The show in 2011 had a huge fn turn out! The people who say GNR can t fill seats in the US are morons. The night before Dallas in 2011, I saw them at Houston. The floor was full, and seats were full to the top. I am going to the San Antonio show, and one of the HOB shows. Houston is closer to the batcave though.

It makes sense Festivals are always a good option crowds already going to be a big turn out and its great for promotion and grabbing new fans

With the small shows its a good idea Guns "N" Roses just don't have a big enough fan base in the U.S.A to fill arenas anymore but these small venues are an easy filler

South America and Europe now that's a totally different kettle of fish

Don't forget Canada and Asia

>>

Why isn't GNR playing in arenas? I thought they were big enough to do it.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they can't sell enough tickets.

Tho the Axl Nutters will turn that into a positive. Oh, they just want to give back to the fans by playing smaller venues.

The way these guys defend Axl is hilarious to watch.

Volcano, if Slash played an "intimate" show you'd be on here bashing him for the low ticket sale numbers. But Axl does it.........and it's the greatest thing in the world. Too funny.

Can you please stop screwing up threads, man.

+1

This Reminds me Canada and Asia must be long over due a tour?

Are you saying that NOT ALL the people in Canada HAVE seen the "Chinese Democracy" tour yet? Shit its been out there long enough that most of North America could have taken it in! Little kids concieved around the time the music was written and recorded can now go to the shows...on thier own without thier mommas or their babysitters.

I wouldn't mind an intimate show at Granada Theater. I saw Adam Ant there last year and will see him there again in July.

Interestingly so, Velvet Revolver played there back in 2004. The show sold out almost immediately.

Really? I would have liked to have seen that. I only moved to DFW three years ago. I've had the fortune of going to at least one show a year since I moved here.

Yup. Here's an article:

http://theconcertman.tripod.com/concerts/dmnarticle3.html

DFW is definitely a great place for rock shows. So many rock bands come through the area. Texas in general is a haven for rock artists.

"...Mr. Rose, who performs as if he's on the verge of taking hostages..."

Love this line from the article.

I got my tickets yesterday during the pre-sale. I got the GA for my son, but it took me close to a half an hour to get 2 Balcony tickets for my daughter and I. No way I'm I standing for 3 hours. I've been to the HOB many times for concerts and the balcony seats are awesome. Anyway, so glad I got the tickets yesterday, because now it says limited seats for the balcony and I haven't been able to find any more seats today, just GA.

Can't wait to see GNR again! I'm wondering if they are limiting the GA and the balcony seats for this show and if so why?

Guess GNR will come on stage at ten and then play until one or so like the Dallas show from two years ago. I hope there's no opening act this time.

Anyone that ordered tickets to the Dallas HOB show get them yet?

I got an email stating there would be a delay in printing the tickets, but didn't specify why? I keep checking my livenation.com account and it says processed and about to print my tickets.

Just curious to know if anyone got their tickets yet?

Also it seems like the show is sold out. The only tickets left are the Platinum seating which is from $295 and up. Honestly, who the hell is going to pay that for tickets? I'm curious to see if those seats in the box seats and balcony will sell. My tickets are in the balcony so it no one sits in those seats I'm moving up!

Check livenation.com and tickets won't be printed and shipped until Tuesday, May 14. There was no other reason given for the delay. I think this show is sold out. I don't see any tickets on sale except for the Platinum seating.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn! I just checked livenation.com and now you can get center balcony tickets for the Dallas GNR show.

First, there weren't any tickets for the longest time and now there are many more balcony tickets on sale now.

I really hate when ticket sellers do this shit.

I do have good balcony seats, but being in the center balcony would have been awesome. I can't afford to spend another $350 for tickets.

I really hope that people buy these tickets or it's going to look pretty empty up there.

I have moved up to closer rows in past concerts, so I will be doing it again, if there are empty seats.

Anyway, less than a week away.

I hope the Oklahoma and San Antonio shows go well and Axl is well rested for the Dallas show.

Show is only 3 days away!! Going to be a great show! Never would I have thought that I would be seeing GNR at such an intimate venue!

I think intimacy will be the consolation prize the new band will give you in upcoming tours.
well I am saying this because back a couple years ago when the super bowl was here in Dallas, everyone thought Guns would do an intimate surprise show and i was like "no freakin way, impossible" and now here in a couple days it is happening. :)

I tried winning tickets from the radio all week. No luck. I'll be sitting this one out. Can't really afford $270 for a concert for my wife and me.

The eagle 97.1 here in Dallas is going to give away tickets for the next three days. Maybe you'll get lucky this time.

Show is only 3 days away!! Going to be a great show! Never would I have thought that I would be seeing GNR at such an intimate venue!

Yeah, me either. I saw them in 2011 in Gexa venue which is the outdoor venue and it was packed, but luckily it was Nov, so the weather was nice and cool.

Last year, my kids and I flew to Vegas and it was at the Joint at the Hard Rock, but the pit was huge and I had seats in the back of the venue. This time, my son has pit and my daughter and I have balcony seats, which is awesome because you can see everything from up there. It should be a great show.

I know my son is so excited to be that close to Axl. I'm so glad GNR decided to come back to Dallas in less than 2 years time.

It's going to be such a good show!

I tried winning tickets from the radio all week. No luck. I'll be sitting this one out. Can't really afford $270 for a concert for my wife and me.

The eagle 97.1 here in Dallas is going to give away tickets for the next three days. Maybe you'll get lucky this time.

Yeah, me either. I saw them in 2011 in Gexa venue which is the outdoor venue and it was packed, but luckily it was Nov, so the weather was nice and cool.

Last year, my kids and I flew to Vegas and it was at the Joint at the Hard Rock, but the pit was huge and I had seats in the back of the venue. This time, my son has pit and my daughter and I have balcony seats, which is awesome because you can see everything from up there. It should be a great show.

I know my son is so excited to be that close to Axl. I'm so glad GNR decided to come back to Dallas in less than 2 years time.

Awesome! Yeah that Gexa show was awesome! So was Vegas! Texas is a lucky state for a Guns fan for sure

I won tickets to the Gexa show from The Eagle. No luck a few weeks ago, though. I'll have to check out the site and see what time they're giving them away.

I got my tickets yesterday during the pre-sale. I got the GA for my son, but it took me close to a half an hour to get 2 Balcony tickets for my daughter and I. No way I'm I standing for 3 hours. I've been to the HOB many times for concerts and the balcony seats are awesome. Anyway, so glad I got the tickets yesterday, because now it says limited seats for the balcony and I haven't been able to find any more seats today, just GA.

Can't wait to see GNR again! I'm wondering if they are limiting the GA and the balcony seats for this show and if so why?

Guess GNR will come on stage at ten and then play until one or so like the Dallas show from two years ago. I hope there's no opening act this time.

Hopefully you will let us know how your son liked the show.

I know he walked out of a Slash show because there was a long guitar solo and they played some GnR songs. You might want to let him know that there a LOT of solos in this show, and that the current band will be playing 3 hours of songs that they all didn't write - just so he doesn't get mad and storm off mid-show.

Edited by Groghan

Hopefully you will let us know how your son liked the show.

I know he walked out of a Slash show because there was a long guitar solo and they played some GnR songs. You might want to let him know that there a LOT of solos in this show, and that the current band will be playing 3 hours of songs that they all didn't write - just so he doesn't get mad and storm off mid-show.

This is what I am talking about, why even post this?