June 5th, 2013 - Buffalo, NY

Silent Jay

GG -

Glad your son had fun and got to meet all the band members. What a great experience and a fantastic lifetime memory.

Serious question - have you had a back or shoulder injury? The way you pose in all the pictures looks awkward, your never standing straight up, but always have your shoulders/stomach tilted in a weird way.

You dwarf DJ - I didn't realize he was that small.

And you said you went with your wife and son..........why not your daughter? She's obviously a GnR fan as she used to post on the forum.

I have back and neck problems, yes. I always seem to stand like that and have to remember not to when taking pictures with people shorter than me :)

DJ is TINY.

Yes my wife and son, daughter had to work :( she will go to a future show ;)

Kat

dscf0026zw.jpg

You're lucky! How did you get to meet them all? Given the chance, I'd take a pic with her too.

Awesome first concert experience for your soA

Apologies in advance, but who is she???

Kat, the official band photographer she was very nice so I asked for a pic

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GG -

Glad your son had fun and got to meet all the band members. What a great experience and a fantastic lifetime memory.

Serious question - have you had a back or shoulder injury? The way you pose in all the pictures looks awkward, your never standing straight up, but always have your shoulders/stomach tilted in a weird way.

And you said you went with your wife and son..........why not your daughter? She's obviously a GnR fan as she used to post on the forum.

I have back and neck problems, yes. I always seem to stand like that and have to remember not to when taking pictures with people shorter than me :)

DJ is TINY.

Kat

dscf0026zw.jpg

You're lucky! How did you get to meet them all? Given the chance, I'd take a pic with her too.

U and Kat almost look like you could be brother and sister

GG -

DJ is TINY.

Kat

dscf0026zw.jpg

U and Kat almost look like you could be brother and sister

Naw, she was incredibly pleasant though, very nice to talk to :)

What's with ego water marking?

It's not an ego thing - I use a watermark because I've had my pictures used without credit/permission before. In 2010 Guitar World took one of my pictures of Joey Belladonna and used it in an article on him rejoining Anthrax. The picture was only available on my Facebook page and was used illegally without them contacting me for permission. After that I started watermarking my pictures, you can never be too careful.

You've got an awesome camera, Powerage5! Your shots are eye candy.

Thanks, glad you like them :)

Looks like a professional camera, do you ever get any shit of security? Or is it normal camera/phone size?

No, it's a normal compact point & shoot camera. But it's got an amazing sensor and very wide aperture for a P&S, making it ideal for concerts. I've been so happy with it, it's a great alternative at gigs where I can't use my full setup (i.e. most concerts). Unfortunately, it was discontinued a couple years ago. But this is how small it is:

ZURTOP.JPG

Killer pictures P5! Keep 'em coming!

8999823274_95ed950d8b_z.jpg

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

BBF was standing side-stage while the intro was going, and getting all pumped up. It was freezing and really windy at the gig, and he took his shirt off for CD...his jacket was on before WTTJ :lol:

And thanks, glad you like them :)

Just last week? Buffalo was my favorite, Brooklyn was my second favorite and Gov Ball was my third favorite. Buffalo was a great performance, and it was a special gig for personal reasons. It was close to home and it was my dad's first GN'R gig and he absolutely loved it and can't wait to see them again :D

All three gigs last week were amazing though. If I had to rank all my GN'R shows to date, it'd look like this probably:

1. The Ritz '12

2. Buffalo '13

3. Brooklyn Bowl '13

4. Hamilton '10

5. Governor's Ball '13

6. Hamilton '11

7. Terminal 5 '12

8. Wilkes-Barre '11

Just last week? Buffalo was my favorite, Brooklyn was my second favorite and Gov Ball was my third favorite. Buffalo was a great performance, and it was a special gig for personal reasons. It was close to home and it was my dad's first GN'R gig and he absolutely loved it and can't wait to see them again :D

All three gigs last week were amazing though. If I had to rank all my GN'R shows to date, it'd look like this probably:

1. The Ritz '12

2. Buffalo '13

3. Brooklyn Bowl '13

4. Hamilton '10

5. Governor's Ball '13

6. Hamilton '11

7. Terminal 5 '12

8. Wilkes-Barre '11

Cool! wow youve been to many shows, buffalo was the one windy one?

1. The Ritz '12

2. Buffalo '13

3. Brooklyn Bowl '13

4. Hamilton '10

5. Governor's Ball '13

6. Hamilton '11

7. Terminal 5 '12

8. Wilkes-Barre '11

Cool! wow youve been to many shows, buffalo was the one windy one?

Yea. It was freezing and very windy.