Any chance you could ban the trolls?

Guest NGOG

Guest NGOG

I'm not going to name them because that violates forum policy. Axl fans, alternatively know as nutswingers, Axlites, lunatics, Brazilians, Beta's boys, whatever the latest fad is to attack us with; do not have a problem with cohesive questions with regards the direction of GNR. Repeat, I respect the right of pro-reunionists, Slash fans, Axl haters to voice their concerns in a constructive way. I am not trying to invigorate some Jarmo style revolution of MyGNR.

The issue is that a couple of users are essentially a variant of one unhelpful, non-discussion encouraging point of view. I actually believe they are multiple accounts fronted by no more than one or two people. Basically, they are hijacking every single thread in the main board diverting it into petty squabbling and making discussion with regards the actual topic virtually impossible with their provocative assertions.

I hope am I not alone in wishing for this small, but persistent grouping to be warned or better still, banned from posting. They do not represent anybody but cheap jibe artists.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you guys do is complain about other posters. And as far as I can tell, there is ONE poster, not yet in this thread, who has been responsible for derailing thread after thread after thread over the past couple weeks.

All you guys do is complain about other posters.

That's because the GNR section is in such a terrible state that there are 3 things a person can do in it:

1. Take part in the trolling

2. Argue with the cupcakes

3. Complain about cupcakes

It's pretty much impossible to discuss anything right now without the same 5 posters (Sailaway, TheDiceMan, Rustycage, pi2loc, maynard) shitting up the thread and firing their juvenile insults at everyone they disagree with.

And as far as I can tell, there is ONE poster, not yet in this thread, who has been responsible for derailing thread after thread after thread over the past couple weeks.

Sailaway? She most definitely needs to be banned as well.

All you guys do is complain about other posters. And as far as I can tell, there is ONE poster, not yet in this thread, who has been responsible for derailing thread after thread after thread over the past couple weeks.

Let's name names bro

That's because the GNR section is in such a terrible state that there are 3 things a person can do in it:

It's pretty much impossible to discuss anything right now without the same 5 posters (Sailaway, TheDiceMan, Rustycage, pi2loc, maynard) shitting up the thread and firing their juvenile insults at everyone they disagree with.

I think you're basically correct, but I think this has become true very recently due (for the most part) to the shenanigans of one poster. I'm not saying "haters" don't post snide comments, but I've always felt that they (and I join in on it at times) tend to joke amongst themselves, and then someone comes in attacking them for being a cupcake or a hater, and then we're off to the races. Maybe I'm biased because I tend to side with the point of view of the "haters" rather than the "nutters," but that's what I've experienced.

And as far as I can tell, there is ONE poster, not yet in this thread, who has been responsible for derailing thread after thread after thread over the past couple weeks.

You said it. Not me.

Let's name names bro

I'm not trying to be cryptic. I just wasn't sure if naming names regarding this shit was frowned upon. See above.

:rofl-lol:

And who are you again? Oh, that's right. A 21-year-old who does not contribute anything to this forum. Not even the main section. Everyone can see your post history and you're the lamest poster here.

Edited by pi2loc

So rich coming from you of all people. Aren't you a returned member?

Let's name names bro

Volcano62, returned member.

The thing is. The likes of you too can't handle it when you get a taste of your own medicine. So you go and cry about it, not realising that it is your own actions in the first place that led to the forum being the way it is.

Volcano of all people can't complain, probably the best example of a poster on here whose automatic response to a poster they disagree with is to attack that poster personally, ignoring the point at hand.

Well, let me spell this out to you. People got sick of your shit and seen as it was allowed on here they decided to return the favour.

Deal with it.

And who are you again? Oh, that's right. A 21-year-old who does not contribute anything to this forum. Not even the main section. Everyone can see your post history and you're the lamest poster here.

Oh look, one of the five shitposters has arrived with an off-topic post intended to derail the thread.

So rich coming from you of all people. Aren't you a returned member?

Volcano62, returned member.

What exactly is your point?

Guest NGOG

The thing is, a lot of the people who choose to post in an unconstructive way could actually be good posters if they didn't conform to the lame +1ing against GNR.

Oh look, one of the five shitposters has arrived with an off-topic post intended to derail the thread.

A shitposter calls out another shitposter. That's hilarious.

This is like me complaining about you and volcano. Never did it, not going to do it either. You are a returned member, you were given a second chance in this forum. You are supposedly pro-Axl, however you were banned before, same goes for volcano. What kind of piece of shit poster you gotta be to let that happen. :lol:

Think about it.

Funny how so many of the people complaining are members who were formerly banned.

They were banned for a reason. Frankly they should have stayed there.

But no they come back to stir up shit, follow people all over the forum talking shit about them every chance they get and leaving snide little remarks on their profiles.

Then they cry about it when people give them a dose of their own medicine.

I've being posting here since 2006 without issue. Then Sailaway, Damn_Smooth, Volcano, Bacardimayne, Brainsaber come back and start shit stirring unchallenged.

The forum wouldn't have half the problems it has if these fools were silenced.

Edited by TheDiceMan

bacardi, you are as guilty as anyone of stirring up shit on both sides. Which side you instigate is dependent on which side of the bed you wake up on.

A lot of us come here for the joking and etc and to have a good time. You and "the others" seem to come here just to bitch about other people.

Basically there is only 5 bad apples (probably 2 guys with different accounts) we need to get rid of and this place will be perfect.

And you have room to speak why? Your whole existence here is to whine about people and report people for the same shit you do. Grow up.

bacardi, you are as guilty as anyone of stirring up shit on both sides. Which side you instigate is dependent on which side of the bed you wake up on.

A lot of us come here for the joking and etc and to have a good time. You and "the others" seem to come here just to bitch about other people.

Exactly.

Half of these posters can't even take a basic joke without flying off the handle either. They want to turn this place into a totally humourless shrine to GNR where every poster must be a complete and utter ball licker

Edited by TheDiceMan

Basically there is only 5 bad apples (probably 2 guys with different accounts) we need to get rid of and this place will be perfect.

Go raise your kids bro. You're too old for this shit. You're a shitty poster. I accept being banned if mods can assure me you will NEVER post here again.

I really think you could just handle the anti-Axl stuff a little better. If you didn't go at people every time they said something, this shit wouldn't get blown up the way it has across multiple threads today. How about we accept that there will be posters we don't like and let them go ahead and do whatever they're going to do without freaking out? Again, with minor flare ups, it seemed like we were doing relatively OK with this until one person showed up.

More times than not, the complaints from the usual guys that cry wolf are made up and not even something someone posted. Volcano and Sailaway are the main ones. You "+1" stupid arguments made by your "allies" as if this is some fucking war where you have to drag someone's era preference into every topic.

Even the OP is accusing people of being in some "GNFNR clique" when that has nothing to do with the topic or people. This is blown way out of proportion and a few people seem to have woke up with severe PMS.

So now my opinion on a plaguing issue in the GNR section is invalidated because... I was banned two years ago?

Ok. Just for the record, my ban was for calling Montrealer an idiot and saying this forum was going to shit. Since the ownership change I've not received so much as a warning or even a chewing out PM from any mod.

Exactly.

Half of these posters can't even take a basic joke without flying off the handle either. They want to turn this place into a totally humourless shrine to GNR where every poster must be a complete and utter ball licker

Nah, it'd just be nice if we could have threads about the current lineup in the main section that didn't devolve into pointless insults and attacks on people for being Brazilian and thus unworthy of opinions, etc. I blame both sides for this, by the way, Sailaway more than anyone.

Guest NGOG

Wait, who attacked someone for being Brazilians?

Maynard has been an absolute dick to Manets for no good reason.

Yeah well that shit works both ways. I've had no problems on this forum until the past few months when there was a very dedicated effort by a minority of posters to gang up on anyone that was even slightly critical of the band. They followed them all over the forum into every thread with nothing but abuse.

From what I could see the mods did nothing about it and highvoltage all but gave volcano and brainsaber a free pass to continue with his "at least they are passionate" remark. And that is what they did.