Blood in the Water Discussion [NO LINKS ALLOWED]

Guest charlie555

Guys - STOP REQUESTING LINKS. Did you read BS' pinned thread? If not, please do so:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201556-no-posting-leak-links-of-any-kind/

Can you make sure EstrangedReality knows about this?

Guy was posting Youtube links like a champion

And you don't think I deleted your last post without reason?

You can fuck right off with complaining about ER. He posted a YouTube video from a channel we thought was official almost 2 days before we were contacted to take down everything. That's all there is to it.

Guys - STOP REQUESTING LINKS. Did you read BS' pinned thread? If not, please do so:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201556-no-posting-leak-links-of-any-kind/

Excuse me?

I posted a YouTube link to Blood in the Water three days ago within the context of discussing whether Uzi Suicidal was real or not, pointing out that they had uploaded a supposedly 'official' copy of the song to their YouTube channel. Our policy at the time was that YouTube links were allowable since we were not hosting them on the site -- I still didn't really feel comfortable sharing links, BUT this was in a thread where people were claiming the guy who ran the Uzi Suicidal channel was officially affiliated with GN'R, so, at the time I was actually wondering whether GN'R had decided to combat the leaks by uploading an 'official' version, because the video looked legit and claimed to be legit. Was a simple mistake on my part. I wasn't "posting links like a champion" - and I have NOT uploaded or shared links to any of the subsequent leaks, nor encouraged people to share them, and in fact have removed multiple links! Your post really rubbed me the wrong way - I don't appreciate being lied about behind my back.

And you don't think I deleted your last post without reason?

You can fuck right off with complaining about ER. He posted a YouTube video from a channel we thought was official almost 2 days before we were contacted to take down everything. That's all there is to it.

Lol even HV was posting direct download links in the chat.

You guys should just issue 24-hour bans for anyone requesting PMs

Where is it in the forum rules that you cannot request PMs?

You cannot post open, public requests because it makes it abundantly clear that you are requesting to engage in illegal behaviour and we are 'allowing' it by not removing the posts/censoring you. If you want to private message people discretely, we're not going to condone it, but frankly there's nothing we can do it about it, and aren't liable for what you do in private. But we're liable for the public forum. So that's how it goes.

Well that's a bummer. Too bad, if they visited here they'd see how much positivity it garnered.

I'm not in any fashion condoning downloading, I acknowledge it's simply illegal to share copyrighted material no matter your justification, but I will say this: I think given the opportunity, every single one of us here would happily pay for a mastered version of Going Down. It's not like they've lost much potential revenue with this leak - if anything there's probably more hype for a finished version now. Even if it's just us here on the forums who care about it, that's a few thousand people. Release an MP3 and charge $1 or something and I'd be happy to pay it. That's a half glass full way of looking at it for the band. I understand it's probably more complex on their end and for whatever reason the 'release online and pay what you want' strategy may not be feasible. Seems to be working for Prince though and he hated the Internet and fought against it for years and years.

• Like 1

Well that's a bummer. Too bad, if they visited here they'd see how much positivity it garnered.

I'm not in any fashion condoning downloading, I acknowledge it's simply illegal to share copyrighted material no matter your justification, but I will say this: I think given the opportunity, every single one of us here would happily pay for a mastered version of Going Down. It's not like they've lost much potential revenue with this leak - if anything there's probably more hype for a finished version now. Even if it's just us here on the forums who care about it, that's a few thousand people. Release an MP3 and charge $1 or something and I'd be happy to pay it. That's a half glass full way of looking at it for the band. I understand it's probably more complex on their end and for whatever reason the 'release online and pay what you want' strategy may not be feasible. Seems to be working for Prince though and he hated the Internet and fought against it for years and years.

I agree. It's not like these leaks reach the "mass public." Its primarily just those of us on the forums, and as you said all of us are here because we are waiting for the opportunity to buy something. And while I understand it's an illegal copyright issue, the song/songs were rough unfinished demos, certainly nothing that would harm future profit.