June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cbgnr666

I guess a lot of you were waiting for this full YOU'RE CRAZY:

Awful,awful weak vocals.Prime example of how his voice has deteriorated beyond repair.Just hang it up ,it doesn't even sound like the Axl I remember.No rasp,no power,no control.Why even sing at all.So embarassing for the band,just retire and or have a reunion tour before its too late.You can tell Ron is thinking yeah maybe new music not such great idea.

Awful,awful weak vocals.Prime example of how his voice has deteriorated beyond repair.Just hang it up ,it doesn't even sound like the Axl I remember.No rasp,no power,no control.Why even sing at all.So embarassing for the band,just retire and or have a reunion tour before its too late.You can tell Ron is thinking yeah maybe new music not such great idea.

Honestely, as a rather harsh vocal-critic who was terribly shook up by the 2006/'10 - 2012 discrepancy I witnessed live, I thought this video was quite alright. Throwing in a few new songs or other classics wouldn't hurt though, as I am not going to watch a barely different show for the 3rd time (Okay, I'm a fan, I probably will,... twice :tongue2: )

wtf men, that performance was very good, you dont have to hate everything just because 2013 Axl's voice sucks ( its a fact)

Guest cbgnr666

wtf men, that performance was very good, you dont have to hate everything just because 2013 Axl's voice sucks ( its a fact)

Isn't this video Axl singing in 2013?

yeah thats what im saying

Guest cbgnr666

So you like Axl's voice in this video from a few days ago?

So you like Axl's voice in this video from a few days ago?

yeah, i like his voice on that video only on that song, the others i don't.

Everyone has given Axl credit for his voice in this video, even those who are usually most critical of him, so your attempted dig is entirely misplaced.

Edited by magisme

So, his voice is "beyond repair" but you want a reunion "before it's too late"?

lol, ok.

I thought his vocals on this You're Crazy are good.

Definitely not enough evidence to make the case his vocals are "weak." I thought he sounded a lot like the studio version. He's focused and in better shape. Good Job Uncle Ax.

Edited by Eu4ic

Even the hipsters give them love:

[Live Take]: Guns ‘n Roses at Brooklyn Bowl

It’s surprising to say that the first time I saw a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame perform live, it was at a 600 capacity bowling alley in Williamsburg. A couple of days before their co-headlining set at Governor’s Ball, the Slash-less Guns ‘N Roses hit Brooklyn Bowl for an intimate — and expensive (tickets were $150) — sold-out performance.

The 17-song set was a taste of their greatest hits and the mostly older crowd fervently sang along. Lead singer Axl Rose, the only original member of the LA-based hard rock band, led the reformed eight-piece through gems like “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” “Live and Let Die” and “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door.” The vibe was a little stale throughout as Axl was sick with what he called “truck stop revenge.”

The wear-and-tear of the 51-year-old Rose showed through, especially on the pared-down piano number “This I Love.” Though technically savvy and experienced, solos by guitarists Richard Fortus and recently added DJ Ashba felt forced at times. Regardless, Axl definitely still had his signature scrawl and even broke out his bizarre snake dance a couple of times. Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal played the part of Guns ‘n Roses’ lead guitarist, wielding a double-necked guitar, without missing a beat.

They last released an album in 2008, the ridiculously belated but well-received “Chinese Democracy,” played a 12-date Vegas residency in the fall and will release a 3D concert DVD of those performances later this year through Interscope. So long as Axl wants to continue performing as Guns ‘n Roses, fans will surely flock.

Coming from an indie rock background, it’s just as surprising to say that hearing glam-metal-meets-blues rock was a refreshing musical experience. Then again, hearing “Welcome to Jungle” and the encore finale “Paradise City” live is something a rock fan just has to admire.

- See more at: http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertainment/music/2013/06/11/live-take-guns-n-roses-at-brooklyn-bowl/#sthash.yCrHIhiB.dpuf

• 1 month later...