June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

Whoa! I live 3 blocks from bklyn bowl. In fact, I recently saw Spin Doctors there.

This place is VERY tiny and absolutely NOT a "marquee venue".. There's a bar, several nice bowling lanes, and a very small stage with standing room only.

Local bands play there, along with has-beens. I can't stress how shocked I am that Axl is playing it. It's not like Terminal 5, which actually gets pretty big names. There is NOTHING "intimate" or special about this gig.... It's almost like Axl playing a high school cafeteria in a small town.

If I remember, I'll go stand at the side door and listen to some of the set. You can hear the music clear as day out on the street.

a bowling alley really? jesus. thanks again Team Zabril.

Its obviously an intimate warmup gig for GB. Don't see how anyone could take this negatively.

i respect your opinion but i think we all expected more from new gnr than gigs in bowling alleys. oh well... sorry for the negativity then.

Letting the fucking maid run the band has worked wonders.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! I live 3 blocks from bklyn bowl. In fact, I recently saw Spin Doctors there.

This place is VERY tiny and absolutely NOT a "marquee venue".. There's a bar, several nice bowling lanes, and a very small stage with standing room only.

Local bands play there, along with has-beens. I can't stress how shocked I am that Axl is playing it. It's not like Terminal 5, which actually gets pretty big names. There is NOTHING "intimate" or special about this gig.... It's almost like Axl playing a high school cafeteria in a small town.

If I remember, I'll go stand at the side door and listen to some of the set. You can hear the music clear as day out on the street.

Its obviously an intimate warmup gig for GB. Don't see how anyone could take this negatively.

Why would there be a warm-up gig toward the end of the tour?

Either way, I think it's cool they're doing such a small gig. I'm overlooking the bowling alley part.

Guns N' Roses has played way smaller venues on the past 3 years.

stupid fucking 21 and over

i'm still going. fuck the police

This. Sting's solo carreer is way better.

stupid fucking 21 and over

i'm still going. fuck the police

This. Sting's solo carreer is way better.

You seriously don't see how Axl playing a 600-seat BOWLING ALLEY could have negative connotations for the band?

From being the biggest band in the world to playing weddings and bowling alleys. Those are places that bands like Warrant with a new singer and Great White with a new singer and Ratt with a new singer play.

And why would they need a warmup? They are in the middle of touring right now.

This is a great fan opportunity. I guess they really care about sounding good at the Governors Ball because with only 600 tickets I can't see they would be making any money.

It's going to be a bit like having the band play in your house.

I do not think this is to make money, this one is for the lucky hard core fans that get tix :)

Tickets are now live for non fanclub members, you do not need a code just enter how many and checkout $10 service charge per ticket

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/292933?utm_medium=bks

EDIT: SOLD OUT

We're sorry, but there aren't enough available tickets to fulfill your order. Please select a lower quantity, and try again.

We're sorry, all available tickets are currently in other shopping carts. Please keep trying, they may soon become available.

did anyone scoop a ticket?

Edited by gunsguy