Guns N' Roses to play Les Plaines d'Abraham on July 12th in Quebec city

bumblecool

CD, Jungle, Easy proshot (snips)

lol, so sad seeing axl looking very stupid doing his "serpentine" move. the man is old and fat. sounds terrible also.

LOL, not to mention he's so winded he can't even sing half the verse before that. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: what a fucking joke this brand has become.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean Axl isn't at his best but there are moments he still shines. But why the fuck come here and bitch about it... it isn't going to change anything. I totally agree with what an earlier person posted when they said there must be a reason we don't know about why his voice isn't as strong, he wouldn't choose to not sound as well as he could. My guess he blew his voice out pretty bad on the 2010 tour and the Dr. or singing coach said "you just can't do that anymore"...

Whatever... if you don't like it step away from the computer.... no one here will miss you

Not too mention the covers they are playing are widely known by people of different generations and should appeal more to the majority of the people in attendance then say lesser known tracks or new material during a festival type show.

y are no moreThe inclined to play the material fans want to hear at a non-festival show as demonstrated by the Vegas residency, Brooklyn Bowl and Joint appearances. So where exactly is the venue for new GNR songs? Axl's annual Halloween parties?

Every gig they could possiblt present new material turns out to be exactly the same as every other show.

People are complaing on one hand of not just playing the hits for these shows,and on the other hand people are complaing about not playing new songs,and then you have the people complaing about too many covers and not lesser known gnr songs.I look forward too new material as much as the next person but when they do people will complain about that too,just like they complain about CD songs then and now in the setlist.

People have a million reasons to complain, man. I don't expect all those reasons to be resolved with but changing the setlist is something really, really easy to do. Bands do it all the time. Many bands, some just as big as GnR don't even play the same setlist twice in the same tour. What I'm saying is... it's not that Axl is doing his best to please the fans and the fans keep bitching. He opted for the least difficult way possible for him to keep GnR going for a few more years is what it seems. And maybe I would've done that too if I were in his place at this point. But it sucks. As a fan, as someone who LOVES this band as much as I do, who loves CD and wanted to have more of that, it sucks. What a let down.

from all the shows in the history of Gnr, this is the worst estranged ever. there are parts where u cant even listen him

ehh, no

Rio 2011 was the worst newgnr show ever or the bridge school benefit show

and this performance wasn't good enough, but not THAT bad

Edited by Crash Diet

I totally agree with what an earlier person posted when they said there must be a reason we don't know about why his voice isn't as strong, he wouldn't choose to not sound as well as he could. My guess he blew his voice out pretty bad on the 2010 tour and the Dr. or singing coach said "you just can't do that anymore"...

It's because when he sings with the "rasp," it injures his vocal cords. IIRC the UYI tour was postponed twice because of this. I remember back in the day when Axl said in interviews that he didn't know how to sing, and was working with a vocal coach to teach him to sing without damaging his voice.

The "Mickey Mouse voice" is Axl's falsetto, which he is either doing to prevent further damage, or because he's done so much damage that he can't otherwise sing

I mean Axl isn't at his best but there are moments he still shines. But why the fuck come here and bitch about it... it isn't going to change anything. I totally agree with what an earlier person posted when they said there must be a reason we don't know about why his voice isn't as strong, he wouldn't choose to not sound as well as he could. My guess he blew his voice out pretty bad on the 2010 tour and the Dr. or singing coach said "you just can't do that anymore"...

Whatever... if you don't like it step away from the computer.... no one here will miss you

for the voice thing

I disagree

2012 Philly: full rasp

I totally agree with what an earlier person posted when they said there must be a reason we don't know about why his voice isn't as strong, he wouldn't choose to not sound as well as he could. My guess he blew his voice out pretty bad on the 2010 tour and the Dr. or singing coach said "you just can't do that anymore"...

It's because when he sings with the "rasp," it injures his vocal cords. IIRC the UYI tour was postponed twice because of this. I remember back in the day when Axl said in interviews that he didn't know how to sing, and was working with a vocal coach to teach him to sing without damaging his voice.

The "Mickey Mouse voice" is Axl's falsetto, which he is either doing to prevent further damage, or because he's done so much damage that he can't otherwise sing

I agree that singing with a raspy tone may induce vocal discomfort or wear and tear. But, he rarely uses falsetto. That is his head voice you're referring to. He uses his falsetto in the beginning of "Better", for example.

Ali

I remember going to the Birmingham show after london in 2010. Axl apologised for 'not sounding too great tonight as i woke up this morning and my throat was like oooh fuck' there might be a clip somewhere for the exact quote, it was in his closing speech after PC.

Now axl sounded great anyway but like he said he was having throat problems. This was 2 days after duff showed on stage in london which everyone hails as axls best performance since returning. Also the Birmingham show was cut to just under 2 hours, so that show was effected.

point being axl can sound amazing now(philly,hellfest) but it could effect the following show and give him throat problems.

Edited by Axl_morris