Guns N' Roses to play Les Plaines d'Abraham on July 12th in Quebec city

bumblecool

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2013 line up now complete!

Skillet will be opening for Guns N’ Roses, on the Bell Stage on the Plains of Abraham, July 12. Monster Truck, who is also playing at the Imperial de Québec on July 14, will precede them.

http://www.infofestival.com/

Are you going GG?

Do you speak French?

Oui je suis parfaitement bilingue en francais et en anglais.

Edited by volcano62

He is a DJ, very good by the way.

:rofl-lol:

what's so funny? why isn't GNR a headliner by the way?

GNR is headlining the main stage July 12

Hi, i was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm in Quebec the week staring July 8th on business and thought i'd stay the Friday to enjoy the GnR show. Does anyone know when the day passes will go on sale?

Day passes will be available when the regular passes are sold out.

im so f'ing stoked to go to this... went to the show in montreal a few years ago but got thrown out by security during the 2nd song lol i was pretty pissed but it makes for a good story and if i was going to miss the show of my life, i figured id do it in style :)

never thought theyd be back... definitely not this soon... i almost crapped my pants when i heard about this show lol dont really know any big enough guns fans to go with me... its a 3 hour drive and for all i know, it might rain (knock on wood) so if i bring my girl, she'll guilt me into leaving... thinking of hopin on a nightrain and going solo... no f'in way im missin this show tho rock3

im so f'ing stoked to go to this... went to the show in montreal a few years ago but got thrown out by security during the 2nd song lol i was pretty pissed but it makes for a good story and if i was going to miss the show of my life, i figured id do it in style :)

never thought theyd be back... definitely not this soon... i almost crapped my pants when i heard about this show lol dont really know any big enough guns fans to go with me... its a 3 hour drive and for all i know, it might rain (knock on wood) so if i bring my girl, she'll guilt me into leaving... thinking of hopin on a nightrain and going solo... no f'in way im missin this show tho rock3

I'd go solo if anyone didn't want to come with me. You don't want to miss this band!!!

Montreal 2010 was EPIC. How did you get kicked out?

Edited by volcano62

I'd go solo if anyone didn't want to come with me. You don't want to miss this band!!!

Montreal 2010 was EPIC. How did you get kicked out?

i know the show was epic.. i was pissed for a year afterwards... and i dont totally remember why i got kicked out to be honest lol i drank ALOT... i can handle my liquor tho, so im thinkin maybe somebody slipped me something... i remember walking into the bell center with a huge smile on my face and the guy that frisked me at the door asked why are you so happy ? i said cuz GNR is fucking here lol walked away laughing and i think security probably kept their eye on me from that point on... got through bach's set which was pretty awesome too, then hit the bar cuz i knew axl wouldnt go on for at least an hour... or three lol

so 4 or 5 $10 beers later, i walked back onto the floor (wasnt sitting in the nosebleeds for this one) and when i heard the opening riff to CD i went absolutely apeshit... thats probably what did it, or it could be what i lit up near the end of the song ;-) lol then they started jungle and the crowd went insane (you know if u were there) and thats when i remember 8 security guards (yup 8) grabbed my arms and legs and carried me up into the stands... i wasnt even fighting back... i was actually laughing at them and thats what leads me to beleive my drink was probably spiked at the bar before the show... anyways, they took my wallet and money (had quite a bit) told me they knew where i lived now and that i should keep my mouth shut... they threw me (literally) out of the front door and 2 of them actually came out and stomped me (still have the pics of the bruises too)

now i could care less about the bruises and money i lost, but ive been wating since 93 to see these guys (well axl) come back and i dont think ive ever been so disappointed in anything ever, than missing that show... called the cops and sure enough the bell center security for big events is run by the montreal police force, and all the security guards at big shows are cops in training... so good luck fiing a complaint... i actually talked to the head of bell center security on the phone and he said they were given strict instructions because of the fear there would be another riot

i guess looking back now, it was a pretty cool way to miss the show lol but ive been waiting for a show close enough since then and its finally happening... and i think its gonna be a big one... i almost drove down to albany at the end of 2011 but the show was cancelled... was plannig on doing that alone too lol my best friend whos almost as big a gnr fan as me, moved to bc 2 years ago so... looks like im going solo... oh and i forgot to mention my girl was with me at the show in montreal and she woke up at 3am in the hospital (she was fine) but ive already rambled on enough about that lol but its just another reason not to bring her :rofl-lol:

He is a DJ, very good by the way.

:rofl-lol:

what's so funny? why isn't GNR a headliner by the way?

who fucking cares ? lol just goes to show that most peoples taste in music is going to shit... last i saw, stevie wonder was first on the bill so that says quite a bit... actually come to think of it, id love to see him on piano for november rain... i think hed do a much better job than elton john :tongue2:

Mate, give yourself a slap if you have never heard of Tiesto

anyone who thinks tiesto should be higher up on the bill than gnr should give themselves a slap too

Mate, give yourself a slap if you have never heard of Tiesto

anyone who thinks tiesto should be higher up on the bill than gnr should give themselves a slap too

they are not higher in the bill. they just headline another day.. but I don't like tiesto. he might be great, I just don't like dj's that much.