Guns N' Roses to play Les Plaines d'Abraham on July 12th in Quebec city

bumblecool

Mate, give yourself a slap if you have never heard of Tiesto

anyone who thinks tiesto should be higher up on the bill than gnr should give themselves a slap too

they are not higher in the bill. they just headline another day.. but I don't like tiesto. he might be great, I just don't like dj's that much.

im not a fan either... not taking anything away from the guy... if its even a guy (honestly not sure lol) but i get what people keep saying about different bands headlining different days... fact is, i live in montreal and this shows being advertised everywhere... its not divided into days on the main card... ive seen a few different versions of the ad and most of them have stevie wonder, black keys and tiesto on the first line, then gnr on the second line (smaller writting) i guess you could say its because fans will go no matter how you market them but to not even have gnr in the top 3 is a travesty in my eyes

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, give yourself a slap if you have never heard of Tiesto

anyone who thinks tiesto should be higher up on the bill than gnr should give themselves a slap too

they are not higher in the bill. they just headline another day.. but I don't like tiesto. he might be great, I just don't like dj's that much.

im not a fan either... not taking anything away from the guy... if its even a guy (honestly not sure lol) but i get what people keep saying about different bands headlining different days... fact is, i live in montreal and this shows being advertised everywhere... its not divided into days on the main card... ive seen a few different versions of the ad and most of them have stevie wonder, black keys and tiesto on the first line, then gnr on the second line (smaller writting) i guess you could say its because fans will go no matter how you market them but to not even have gnr in the top 3 is a travesty in my eyes

yeah I know about the smaller writting. :max:

Tiesto is one of the highest earning DJ's on the planet. He's huge.

The Black Keys had a hugely successful album in El Camino, which charted in the top 5 in most global markets. The album still gets played regularly on a variety of both mainstream, rock and indie radio stations and almost I know likes them. If you haven't heard of them, you don't listen to new music.

Of course they're going to be higher on the poster - they're both bigger drawcards than GN'R.

Tiesto is one of the highest earning DJ's on the planet. He's huge.

The Black Keys had a hugely successful album in El Camino, which charted in the top 5 in most global markets. The album still gets played regularly on a variety of both mainstream, rock and indie radio stations and almost I know likes them. If you haven't heard of them, you don't listen to new music.

Of course they're going to be higher on the poster - they're both bigger drawcards than GN'R.

It doesn't need explaining why Stevie Wonder is also higher up the promo than GNR. Tiesto, while he's fell away considerably in mainstream markets in more recent years, really brought modern day dance into the public eye in a very big way. The Black Keys are one of the top rock bands in the world right now. GNR, considering the line-up and that they largely play material belonging to former line-ups, are in the right place. The novelty of having GNR around as a live act again is wearing off.

the black keys probably deserve top spot on the bill, i wont deny that... theyre good... gnr is still my favorite band so my opinion may be a bit biased here but tiesto ? really ? lol idk man, just doesnt seem right to me... i know who he is, i dont like his music but i do respect his work... that being said, just for fun, ask any random person if they know who he is, and if they know who gnr is, id bet my bottom dollar that more people know gnr... they may not know any band members besides axl but thats besides the point lol ask them to name one gnr song, then ask them to name one tiesto song, see how that goes... and things may be different in other parts of the world, but im talking striclty north america here, because thats where this show is taking place... i dont think this really has much to do with the band itself come to think of it, i think theres a bigger picture to look at... like i said, the black keys deserve top spot and didnt get it... stevie wonder did... and dont get me wrong, i respect that guy more than words can describe but i think what were seeing here is rock music in general being pushed aside... after all, its not just a rock festival obviously, but 10, ok maybe 15 or 20 years ago, all the rock bands would have been way up on that card... the times may be changing, but IM NOT !

Guest cbgnr666

Guaranteed most people will be there for gnr in Quebec,watch and see. rock4

Fuckin right they are!! rock3

Ticket sales at recent concerts totally support that opinion!!

Ticket sales at govenor's ball seemed great rock4 .Remember that,the doomsday show for the band,the one where they were going too get booed and bottled off the stage because they didn't fit the bill,remember that show. :laugh:

Guaranteed most people will be there for gnr in Quebec,watch and see. rock4

Fuckin right they are!! rock3

Ticket sales at recent concerts totally support that opinion!!

Ticket sales at govenor's ball seemed great rock4 .Remember that,the doomsday show for the band,the one where they were going too get booed and bottled off the stage because they didn't fit the bill,remember that show. :laugh:

if anyone throws anything on stage i will personally make sure its the last thing they do that night

ill use that video as my defense in court too lol axl told me to

Reguardless of how the poster is advertised, when has gnr ever done a festival and not headlined. Doesn't look like there is any other shows being announced, so its going to be a massive pay check for them to move there crew up Canada.

also...

Guns N' Roses will join the line-up of headliners taking the main stage this summer.

Edited by Axl_morris

More Canadian shows announced.

And in related news..............Volcano just ruined another pair of pants!!!!

You really are obsessed and I think you need psychological help. I'm not saying that to be mean...im concerned about you bro.

First of all you can't ruin a pair of pants....there is something called a washing machine. First one was invented in 1691.

Second of all while I'm enjoying myself at this festival watching the greatest band on the planet you'll be at home ignoring your hot wife and worrying about my pants.

You really are obsessed and I think you need psychological help. I'm not saying that to be mean...im concerned about you bro.

First of all you can't ruin a pair of pants....there is something called a washing machine. First one was invented in 1691.

Second of all while I'm enjoying myself at this festival watching the greatest band on the planet you'll be at home ignoring your hot wife and worrying about my pants.

The only worthwhile thing in your response is that you'll be watching the "greatest band on the planet"............really? This band hasn't even put out an album together, and the majority of their shows are covering OTHER people's music.

And lol. The guy who says he came instantly in his pants when he heard that a 51-year-old rock singer was going to be in his country is worried about what I do with my wife!!!! If just the thought of Axl in your country turns you on that much, holy cow. What's gonna happen when you see in live and in person!!! (Don't let your girl sailway/tabitha know how you feel about Axl, she'll turn on you in an instant!!!!!)

The only worthwhile thing in your response is that you'll be watching the "greatest band on the planet"............really? This band hasn't even put out an album together, and the majority of their shows are covering OTHER people's music.

And lol. The guy who says he came instantly in his pants when he heard that a 51-year-old rock singer was going to be in his country is worried about what I do with my wife!!!! If just the thought of Axl in your country turns you on that much, holy cow. What's gonna happen when you see in live and in person!!! (Don't let your girl sailway/tabitha know how you feel about Axl, she'll turn on you in an instant!!!!!)

LOL. Sorry for the OT.

anyone know if the festival passes sold out yet ? still contemplating going to this but i just forked out $140 for the montreal show and i dont wanna fork out another $75 + gas and expenses... $30 is a steal though if you ask me... also looks like a few less people will be going to this now that theyre playing metropolis

anyone know if the festival passes sold out yet ? still contemplating going to this but i just forked out $140 for the montreal show and i dont wanna fork out another $75 + gas and expenses... $30 is a steal though if you ask me... also looks like a few less people will be going to this now that theyre playing metropolis

They won't be able to sold out this year. But if you look on Kijiji and even on Twitter, people are selling their passes after they saw the show they wanted to see.