Anyone think of putting a "like" button on threads and their respones, similar to what facebook has?

Ace Nova

The number of likes you get show up on your profile too? So now we have a star rating and a like rating. Hopefully we can come up with some additional ways to stroke internet egos and divide posters even more.

I don't personally care for the Like button, but I don't think anyone's internet-ego is exactly getting stroked by their star rating or Like-count on MYGNRFORUM :lol:

Yeah, right.

If it's not about ego, why keep a counter on how many likes you get, and still maintain a star ranking as well. It's like people are being graded.

Can we have a list of all the members with 5 stars and the most likes? Obviously they must be the best posters here. :lol:

I had 5 Stars once.

Then someone 1 Star'd me and fucked everything up. So now I give everyone 1 Star.

I just 1 star'd you.

Yeah, right.

If it's not about ego, why keep a counter on how many likes you get, and still maintain a star ranking as well. It's like people are being graded.

Can we have a list of all the members with 5 stars and the most likes? Obviously they must be the best posters here. :lol:

Agreed.

Ok, I think the real issue here is that some members of this forum suffer from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (I say that tongue-in-cheek) and cannot handle change, especially when it's something they don't particularly agree with. No, the like button is NOT a popularity contest - not for me, anyway - it's a way to streamline responses and eliminate/reduce the one or two word (typically useless posts) such as +1, I agree, spot on, totally, yes, etc.

Edited by Kasanova King

Ok, I think the real issue here is that some members of this forum suffer from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (I say that tongue-in-cheek) and cannot handle change, especially when it's something they don't particularly agree with. No, the like button is NOT a popularity contest - not for me, anyway - it's a way to streamline responses and eliminate/reduce the one or two word (typically useless posts) such as +1, I agree, spot on, totally, yes, etc.

No King I disagree. It has nothing to do with fear of change. I personally like most of the recent changes. The ability to talk about all eras of the band in D & N, the new Side Projects and Movie/TV forum, mods being more involved with moderating, etc.

Posts like "'I agree, spot on, +1, this" never bothered me. I've had to scroll through a lot more bullshit in threads other than the 'I agree".. I also don't understand why there has to be a tally in the profile. Someone likes a post fine, but why there's a counter on how many likes you've received is off-putting to me.

+1, I agree, spot on, totally, yes, etc.

No King I disagree. It has nothing to do with fear of change. I personally like most of the recent changes. The ability to talk about all eras of the band in D & N, the new Side Projects and Movie/TV forum, mods being more involved with moderating, etc.

Posts like "'I agree, spot on, +1, this" never bothered me. I've had to scroll through a lot more bullshit in threads other than the 'I agree".. I also don't understand why there has to be a tally in the profile. Someone likes a post fine, but why there's a counter on how many likes you've received is off-putting to me.

I can see your point but almost every other message board/forum that I'm on (even facebook) has one, particularly to streamline responses. There's times when people just don't want to nor have the time to sit through a thread and write responses to posts they agree with. I think it adds (more than it subtracts) to the forum.