Sign in to follow this  
Amir

Toronto - July 15th

$400 for what?! VIP tickets? Aren't those normally $200-250?!

WOW! Tickets are fucking expensive! $150 to $400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wuuut? :no::confused:

Those are crazy ticket prices. Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make it to this show but considering that it is at Sound Academy (worst venue ever) I'm not that upset.

Those are crazy ticket prices. Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make it to this show but considering that it is at Sound Academy (worst venue ever) I'm not that upset.

Is the Sound Acedemy part of The Gouvernment complex? I went and saw Slash at the Kool Haus a few years ago, but I loved that venue

Is the Sound Acedemy part of The Gouvernment complex? I went and saw Slash at the Kool Haus a few years ago, but I loved that venue

No, Sound Academy is the at the Docks. Transit getting there sucks, parking and cabs are stuck in a bottle-neck of traffic, and the layout of the venue is balls. The sound system is great though.

Kool Haus is a great venue. I was at that Slash concert as well.

Edited by Coma16

Kinda bummed. But fuck the Sound Academy and fuck those prices.

I'll be having more fun in Russia, thank you very much.

Also, this is the 3rd show in 4 nights so it could go either way...

Not really an issue IMO. Governor's Ball was the 3rd show in 4 days, Axl had the shits that week, and he was still fucking on at GB.

No, Sound Academy is the at the Docks. Transit getting there sucks, parking and cabs are stuck in a bottle-neck of traffic, and the layout of the venue is balls. The sound system is great though.

ahhh ok, I know where that is

This would be killer at Kool Haus.

Sound Academy...not so much.

Fuck man, those prices! :drevil:

Is it just an open floor? I don't understand how tickets prices can range so much. Unless there's only two prices, where $400 is for VIP access and $150 is for regular access

Edited by RJ88

Is it just an open floor? I don't understand how tickets prices can range so much. Unless there's only two prices, where $400 is for VIP access and $150 is for regular access

There's a balcony, it will be VIP.

oh ok, I see it in the pictures. Interesting. Looks smaller. Smaller than Kool Haus?

Where's GunsGuy?

Think he's on vacation this week, not positive though...

On a side note, noticed Nightrain has one month extension for 1,000 points. How do you go about getting these points?

oh ok, I see it in the pictures. Interesting. Looks smaller. Smaller than Kool Haus?

I think they hold around the same, approx?

Kool Haus is more spread out, Sound Academy is longer, narrower. The balcony is small, you basically stand at the rail and look over.

There's no rows of seats up there or anything.

Balcony has scattered tables and chairs here and there (if I'm recalling correctly).

Lower GA is a sardine can.

Kool Haus is more spread out, Sound Academy is longer, narrower. The balcony is small, you basically stand at the rail and look over.

Balcony has scattered tables and chairs here and there (if I'm recalling correctly).

not to mention the sound pit takes up a lot of space and causes yet another bottleneck.

As awesome as the notion of Guns at the Sound Academy is, I don't know if I can swing this show on such short notice.

not to mention the sound pit takes up a lot of space and causes yet another bottleneck.

Yeah, that too. :tongue2:

They suck at booking gigs,damn