Toronto - July 15th

Amir

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why can't i access the ticket prices? I signed into the gnr website but it asks for a password.

When I enter my login I get through and it says welcome back but then it has membership prices for the website.

Do i have to be a memeber of the website to buy tickets or see the prices?

NVD! Ticketmaster tomorrow at 10am. Got it ;)

Does it say what VIP includes? Balcony or GA? Early entry?

My band played there four years ago. It's an alright place to see a concert, much smaller than most other venues. Transportation logistics are a nightmare.

I'm likely not going to go since it's the same damn show I've seen 14 times already. I've already seen GNR in a small venue (Hammerstein '06, though the Sound Academy is smaller) so it's not that much of a draw. Plus, $150 is a lot of money right now. And if I'm being really honest, Axl's vocals aren't doing much for me lately. While I'm happy the band is doing its own thing, I'm not sure I'll be contributing anymore to Axl's retirement fund. Because let's be honest, that's all these shows are.

Also, does it seem weird that the band is doing these shows last minute? Why wasn't there an actual tour planned before the summer? A band like GNR could easily play the Molson Amphitheater had they given enough notice and marketed properly. The occurrence and particular details of these club shows seem strange to me.

Going to give it more thought but doubt that I'll be in on this.

EDIT: I just read an article on this show in the Toronto Star and it reminded me of the R&R HOF fiasco. Fuck that, I'm not going.

Edited by downzy

So...almost none of the regulars can go to this it seems? Wonder if that should be a sign to the band that they need to start giving a bit more notice for gigs... :book:

And most of the regulars have seen this show multiple times. Paying $150-$400 for nothing new (even if the show is great) isn't a great value-proposition. I love seeing Les Miserables, but I only see it once every five - ten years.

Once Axl exhibits any form of appreciation to his fans I'll be back on board. But with repetitive shows and stale setlists, lack of new music, less than impressive vocals, rather expensive ticket prices (granted, it's the same ballpark as other bands, though most of those other bands are comprised of the original/classic lineup), gouging VIP packages that yields very little in return, and a fan-club that borders on insulting to the hardcore faithful, I don't see why any fan would return the love. Nevermind the middle finger he gave to fans over the R&R HOF issue. The only fan friendly gesture I've ever seen Axl perform in the last ten years was handing out water bottles at the end of the concert and letting me party with him (which was awesome, but mostly of my own doing - I'll explain in two years time).

There just isn't the same excitement around this band to warrant spending $150 - $400 on a concert. And this is coming from a guy who has Alan Niven's RIAA Gold Album Award for AFD on his wall, a GNR tattoo that runs from shoulder to elbow on his right arm, and a vanity license plate that says WTTJ (I drive an Audi TT, so it has a double meaning). If Axl is capable of losing me as a fan, then what hope is there for most other diehards out there.

I'm torn about going....

1) It's short notice

2) It's expensive

3) Venue doesn't sound great

4) I've see the new band 3-times and there really isn't much variation in the setlist since the last time I saw them (2011) or even the other 2 times ('02. '06)

5) I'd rather go see Nine Inch Nails in October

I'll be passing as well, for all the reasons everyone has. Too bad since I'm an easy drive there.

It's almost like they are booking these small venues so that they do guarantee a sell out (good for ego) Even if only 80% of tickets sell ahead of time, they can easily get rid of the other 20% just from people looking for something to do last minute, and in Toronto there are lots with that kind of money burning a hole in their pocket.

So...almost none of the regulars can go to this it seems? Wonder if that should be a sign to the band that they need to start giving a bit more notice for gigs... :book:

And most of the regulars have seen this show multiple times. Paying $150-$400 for nothing new (even if the show is great) isn't a great value-proposition. I love seeing Les Miserables, but I only see it once every five - ten years.

Once Axl exhibits any form of appreciation to his fans I'll be back on board. But with repetitive shows and stale setlists, lack of new music, less than impressive vocals, rather expensive ticket prices (granted, it's the same ballpark as other bands, though most of those other bands are comprised of the original/classic lineup), gouging VIP packages that yields very little in return, and a fan-club that borders on insulting to the hardcore faithful, I don't see why any fan would return the love. Nevermind the middle finger he gave to fans over the R&R HOF issue. The only fan friendly gesture I've ever seen Axl perform in the last ten years was handing out water bottles at the end of the concert and letting me party with him (which was awesome, but mostly of my own doing - I'll explain in two years time).

There just isn't the same excitement around this band to warrant spending $150 - $400 on a concert. And this is coming from a guy who has Alan Niven's RIAA Gold Album Award for AFD on his wall, a GNR tattoo that runs from shoulder to elbow on his right arm, and a vanity license plate that says WTTJ (I drive an Audi TT, so it has a double meaning). If Axl is capable of losing me as a fan, then what hope is there for most other diehards out there.

I agree with this 100 percent... The same exact reasons why I didn't go to the Bowling Alley Show. After seeing them in Hartford and Roseland I didn't really see any point in going for Subpar Vocals and the same setlist... hell it was even missing a couple songs from what I read, and that wasn't just because Axl had the shits. How many times can they tour the same show with venues getting smaller every year.

Is it just an open floor? I don't understand how tickets prices can range so much. Unless there's only two prices,Wait where $400 is for VIP access and $150 is for regular access

Wait 400 bux for one person? What the eff For? To get autographs and pics with people who weren't in Guns N' Roses... and who aren't Axl. Anyone wanting to pay those kinda prices for access to people who are literally employees, have no creative say in the band, and haven't contributed towards any album but Chinese... that's INSANE!

Is it just an open floor? I don't understand how tickets prices can range so much. Unless there's only two prices,Wait where $400 is for VIP access and $150 is for regular access

Wait 400 bux for one person? What the eff For? To get autographs and pics with people who weren't in Guns N' Roses... and who aren't Axl. Anyone wanting to pay those kinda prices for access to people who are literally employees, have no creative say in the band, and haven't contributed towards any album but Chinese... that's INSANE!

It doesn't make sense. I don't think ticket prices for any of the club shows have been that expensive.

As someone who has seen lots of shows at the Sound Academy, the venue isn't bad. Couple of bars (sides and back of the venue) and you can get a pretty large number of people in.

I've seen Sloan, I Mother Earth, Tokyo Police Club, The Sheepdogs etc. at it. Alexisonfire and Soundgarden did gigs there also. Soundgarden tix (the show was in the past year) were about 90$ or so. The 400$ for VIP is nuts but if I wasn't camping on the 15th I might do &125.

Parking issues are overrated - unless you park right across from the venue. Within a 10 minute walk there will be a few lots that will be cheaper anyway. Public transportation isn't great to it though.

It's the venue 102.1 does a lot of their shows at.

Livenation Password for Toronto is: canuck

that's the one for tomorrow morning?

Livenation Password for Toronto is: canuck

Thanks buddy! Have fun in Greece!!

That is for Thursday's presale. Nightrain members get first crack on Wednesday I believe.

Thanks!

The NIghtrain pre-sale is today. American Express one is tomorrow at 10