Toronto - July 15th

Amir

ADVANCED PREMIUM BALCONY TICKETS: $350.00 (+S.C.)

Premium balcony?

Anyone familiar with the venue knows this means standing against the railing, looking down.

They must be reserving the front half of the balcony for this or something.

Wow..... :confused:

They do this a lot at SA. The front portion of the balcony facing the stage has seating that are arranged on an upward angle providing a view of the stage for all seats. I think that is what they are referring to as "premium balcony". The rest of the area (around the railing, bar, outside exit to the patio etc.) would be considered the regular balcony. There is also a balcony on the right hand side of the venue overlooking the stage (which I was lucky enough to be on for 'Clutch' a few months back), however, I believe that area is usually reserved for band friends etc.. It's a fairly small area.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my overpriced general admission floor tickets. Can't wait to rock this place to the ground! I have a feeling something special is going to happen at this show

Nothing special is going to happen at the middle or end of a string of dates.

Just got my overpriced general admission floor tickets. Can't wait to rock this place to the ground! I have a feeling something special is going to happen at this show

I'd be pessimistic too if I wasn't going ;)

How much did you pay.

$145.00

Beats 350 for Balcony Seats.

How much did you pay.

$145.00

Beats 350 for Balcony Seats.

There are no seats ;)

I'd be pessimistic too if I wasn't going ;)

Not being pessimistic - being realistic. Overpirced tickets mean absolutely nothing except they can sell out venues this size at exuberant prices.

I'm never pessimistic about GN'R - on the contrary I'm one of the most optimistic people about the current band (Several people I know IRL can vouch for that fact :lol:), but I still know when to be realistic. I'll be in Russia when these 2 gigs are happening seeing my favorite band - trust me, I feel no remorse for missing these especially after seeing 3 gigs last month ;)

I will let all the haters and whiners know how good it was the night after. That's assuming I am still alive after GnR rocks the shit out of sound academy!

Good luck in Russia bro, ill be watching my favourite band in my hometown and its like a 12 minute bus from where I live. I can't lose

4 presales currently going on for a Toronto club show, and not one of them are sold out.

The mood has indeed shifted...

Yes the venue is shit LOL

Shows sell out there all the time.

GnR has always been a huge market in Toronto.

This is most unusual for a Toronto GnR market.

Still tickets left during a presale?..seems like scalpers aren't even touching this. :tongue2:

Not saying this won't eventually sell out, but this is clearly indicative of fan frustration...just gotta read this thread to see that.

4 presales currently going on for a Toronto club show, and not one of them are sold out.

The mood has indeed shifted...

Yes the venue is shit LOL

Shows sell out there all the time.

GnR has always been a huge market in Toronto.

This is most unusual for a Toronto GnR market.

Still tickets left during a presale?..seems like scalpers aren't even touching this. :tongue2:

Not saying this won't eventually sell out, but this is clearly indicative of fan frustration...just gotta read this thread to see that.

I think the main reason was the lack of build-up rather than the ticket prices. With the exception of te ridiculous balcony seats, the prices are not that bad. I paid $100 for floor at Copps.

In 2006 they would have left the show disappointed that Slash wasn't in the band. That wasn't the case in 2010/2011 (Toronto / Hamilton).

Not the guys I'm talking about. They've followed all local shows from 2002.

Everyone just seems fed up and uninterested.

So this is the view from the VIP balcony for 400 dollars?

http://www.yelp.ca/biz_photos/sound-academy-toronto?select=4bf7ccqsToXF1krvQcPKRg#4bf7ccqsToXF1krvQcPKRg

I paid 205 for early entry GA. I think there is much more value in early entry GA to get up in the first two rows. Maybe its just me but the 400 VIP seems like a rip!

Gunsguy you gotta make it work!!

Whoever is going this should be a blast! I'm pumped!!

To all those opposed.....hmmm well