Robert Williams original 'Appetite For Destruction' painting went for $350k in 2008.

BBA

I'm currently in the process of having a house built. Lately, the lady friend and I have been looking at some new art to add to our collection and upcoming new home. One paining I always wanted was an original Robert Willims 'Appetite For Destruction' piece. While browsing the web this morning, I noticed that one went for $350k at a Miami exhibit back in 2008. About $300k more than I was looking to spend ... Would be sweeeet to have on display, though. Check it out:

3092954531_d058027443.jpg

While at the Scope Art Fair, I came across the coolest piece of art I saw in Miami, the original Robert Williams' painting mostly known as the inside cover art for Guns N' Roses album of the same name. Pretty amazing.Amidst the rich art collectors, young and old alike, and the over-whelming abundance of art that didn’t speak to me at the various fairs and tents which have sprung from Miami’s chapter of Art Basel, I somehow managed to come across a piece that stood out to me more than any other during my brief stay in Miami last week. Robert Williams‘ original painting “Appetite for Destruction” was on display at the Scope Art Fair and was simply amazing to look at. Being a slave to pop culture and having only seen the piece as the inside cover art for Guns N’ Roses album of the same name, I stood in awe as I took this photo of an original painting that has long transcended the art world. With a price tag of a mere $350,000, one couldn’t help but think that it wasn’t such a bad investment for those who could afford to wait for the piece to inevitably reach the millions. So I ended up buying 3 of them. Recession indeed.

http://chumpchampion.com/2008/12/08/coverage-art-basel-miami/

Edited by BBA

I thought I read somewhere that Axl bought it and Robert wanted it back, but Axl wouldn't sell it and Robert got mad. I think it was a video someone posted. Don't quite remember though.

It's in the video by the Swiss girl who visited Axl's house.

Yeah,I recall seeing it in his house, in a video somewhere. Might have been the one with European girl.

Great painting, if I had the change I'd buy it and hang it next to my Jenna Jameson blow up doll.

I thought I read somewhere that Axl bought it and Robert wanted it back, but Axl wouldn't sell it and Robert got mad. I think it was a video someone posted. Don't quite remember though.

It's in the video by the Swiss girl who visited Axl's house.

That's what I thought. Thanks.