I asked Beta about a new album and she replied...

ManetsBR

It was just a flippant remark that she didn't give any real degree of thought to and was probably intended in a similar light to Manets' initial comment. I doubt she made the reply anticipating this type of damning reaction.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame on us for wanting more than just one album since 1993 I suppose :shrugs:

And it isn't out of the question to want different stuff incorporated into the set. Man her response to those 2 tweets rubs me the wrong way

It's not like she said anything that would hinder anybody's aspirations for a new album. If you're not sensationalizing this, it's just a flippant reply intended in the tongue in cheek way Manets triggered the conversation.

Edited by NGOG

Guest charlie555

Wow, that is a truly amazing response from a 'manager' of a band. What would happen if a manager at Taco Bell treated customer's like that when they had a complaint?

In the tours I have personally managed we are bombarded with complaints about everything from ticket price to security to quality of performance on a daily basis. Each one is treated with the utmost respect and courtesy from our end even if it is not reciprocal. Beta's response is the equivalent of saying ' buy the ticket and shut up or get fucked'.

It's not surprising though as I had heard rumours about how Team Brazil were not doing well with Universal in progressing the releases of the remaining CD material. I think it's time Axl gets a new manager and just bears with him or her, not sticking with the woman who formerly emptied his litterbox.

why are you here if you don't like or support the current band?

Cheap and weak attempt at deflecting what I said. :lol:

Personal questions must be made using the PM system and do not try to derail this thread with said questions.

You "have fun" by slating GNR on a message forum ?

You keep asking personal questions. Do you know how to read? I said: Personal questions must be made using the PM system and do not try to derail this thread with said questions.

Is English your first language?

Awful user

Guys, it's not like Beta offended me, but that's not the way to treat fans. Period.

She didn't offend you, but she was very rude and is still treating the most loyal fans, the hardcore fanbase as an enemy. That's just ridiculous.

Thanks to all for your support. We had a wonderful time in Canada. We hope you did as well. We promise that we do all we can to make our fans as happy as possible. GNR takes all of its fans' opinions seriously, so you can be sure we will discuss your points. We are anxious to get you new music, too, and we will let you know as soon as there are developments.

Love,

Beta

Would that have been so hard? Took me about a minute. It's all bullshit, but it's how you handle this stuff. The woman is a fucking amateur. She has no business holding the position she holds.

This. That's upsetting that the manager of the band responded the way she did to the fans. If every GNR fan were to see that comment, would there even be any more fans?

As someone above me said, if a restaurant manager were to say that to their customers, it would be all over the news and the business would cease to exist. That is no way to treat customers.

It's not surprising though as I had heard rumours about how Team Brazil were not doing well with Universal in progressing the releases of the remaining CD material. I think it's time Axl gets a new manager and just bears with him or her, not sticking with the woman who formerly emptied his litterbox.

Don't see that happening. It's not like Azoff/McGhee/Katsis managed to work with Axl, either. Seems to be Beta or no one at this point.

Don't see how anyone could sell "Chinese Democracy II" to Universal Music, it'd be like like trying to sell Ishtar II to Universal Studios. I love CD but I'm also well aware I'm in a minuscule minority. Like Charlie pointed out in another post, no financial point in releasing a new nuGNR album. Greatest Hits Tour, it is.

Only with this crew is enthusiasm from fans about a new album or requests for additions to the setlist regarded as a complaint and/or a person who shouldn't be considered a fan.

From firsthand accounts and personal experiences of interacting with musicians across a variety of genres and success levels, most musicians and bands are very appreciative/responsive regarding song requests or enthusiasm about new music.

Edited by rhiad85

I like the restaurant analogy.

"Waiter, can you please tell the chef that this food is kind of bad?"

"Stop complaining and enjoy your food. Oh, and please come back next tuesday!"

Manets did ask the question in a sarcastic way.

Did I? Originally I had only written: "Studio, so they can finish the new album." But I thought that was too serious... I mean, they don't follow my orders. Then I added "lol jk." Guess I shouldn't have.

"Stop complaining and enjoy your food. Oh, and please come back next tuesday!"

Manets did ask the question in a sarcastic way.

Did I? Originally I had only written: "Studio, so they can finish the new album." But I thought that was too serious... I mean, they don't follow my orders. Then I added "lol jk." Guess I shouldn't have.

The "lol jk" is what made it sarcastic sounding.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest charlie555

Don't see that happening. It's not like Azoff/McGhee/Katsis managed to work with Axl, either. Seems to be Beta or no one at this point.

Don't see how anyone could sell "Chinese Democracy II" to Universal Music, it'd be like like trying to sell Ishtar II to Universal Studios. I love CD but I'm also well aware I'm in a minuscule minority. Like Charlie pointed out in another post, no financial point in releasing a new nuGNR album. Greatest Hits Tour, it is.

Correct but my understanding is Universal would be happy to release the remnants of the CD recordings as they have effectively been paid for.

The issue with releases I think is more around advance money and who should pay for it. As you rightly say there is not a lot of mainstream interest in nugnr, and so no point in advancing millions to never see any return for the label

"Stop complaining and enjoy your food.

no it's like the waiter finishes her shift and on her way home and the creepy guy who wasn't at the restaurant that weekend, and probably not for a while tracks her personal instagram an asks her when the next menu is out. That he owe's it to him because he eat there once.

Guest charlie555

no it's like the waiter finishes her shift and on her way home and the creepy guy who wasn't at the restaurant that weekend, and probably not for a while tracks her personal instagram an asks her when the next menu is out. That he owe's it to him because he eat there once.

Actually it is the same. Beta represents the band in a personal capacity. If she wanted to have a private Instagram she could simply make it private. Also, she could stop posting pictures of the band on her public profiles and saying 'we' and 'us'.

If you want to get technical, it would be the customer complaining to the waiter at the restaurant. Beta was working presumably at the time she posted that picture about her job, so it is within the remit of the example.

Hey Manets...

axl-rose-restaurant.jpg

:awesomeface:

Do you think Beta made Axl order off the kids menu?

Manets if you happened to be at the same airport as the GNR entourage and asked the same question to Beta Axl would have barged through the crowd and assaulted you.

HE ASKED MY MOTHER ABOUT A NEW ALBUM

lol no

You fail at analogies.

Guest charlie555

Does anybody else find it interesting that Axl and TB take a private jet and the rest of the band fly coach?

I would have thought that's yet another fuck you to the fans. They're sort of living in the past really - no wonder tickets are so horrendously expensive.

When Aerosmith (who I consider to be as popular in mainstream terms today) tour they always fly commercial. That's why the general public can actually afford I go to their shows and why they still get good crowds.

lol no

You fail at analogies.

if i was beta, i would have told him to fuck off as well.