Does anyone have the quote from Scott Weiland?

axlinkafayette

Weiland's comments were originally pathetic given they were clearly nothing more than an attempt at impressing his then bandmates. They became even more pathetic when he retracted from that radical position, seemingly warming to Axl's side of the story.

Weiland's comments were originally pathetic given they were clearly nothing more than an attempt at impressing his then bandmates. They became even more pathetic when he retracted from that radical position, seemingly warming to Axl's side of the story.

At the end of the day Axl was telling the truth and was the one that took the shit from ppl. But hey, that's life right there. Truth is a one way street.

"Get in the ring, go to the gym motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig motherfucker. I think I’ll resist the urge to “stoop” to your level.

Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox faced, wig wearin’ fuck! O.K. I feel better now. Don’t think for a second we don’t know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who’s the fraud now bitch?

Damn, I couldn’t imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out man and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called “band” to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player “spineless”.

We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that’s right - you bailed out on your long awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling shall we say a trifle miffed?! I won’t even list what I’ve accomplished because I don’t need to.

What we’re talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

Yours truly,

Scott Weiland"

looooooooooooooool :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Scott owned Axl, hard.

Lol yes he did.

Axl had to grab a couple of k7s from the Chinese Democracy era and run them down with a hummer again right after reading this lol

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I was in a band (VR) where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault. - Scott Weiland

:hahafyou:

Truth always prevails and Scott now knows the truth.

Sorry to break it to you but Scott is out of his mind. He told in different interviews that VR was reuniting and even writing while it was not the case at all. He's crazy, maybe even more so than Axl.

At the end of the day Axl was telling the truth and was the one that took the shit from ppl. But hey, that's life right there. Truth is a one way street.

Beta admited that she hides things from Axl. Slash spoke to Beta, I wouldn't be surprised at all that she modified what Slash said just to please him.

I remember when Scott's letter appeared on the Velvet Revolver website. They had a pretty cool backstage-themed design at the time and his letter was basically encoded as like a Flash page or something...but then it was taken down pretty shortly thereafter.

Yeah, in an RS article a couple of years later:

I had a lot of baggage walking into my situation. I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-q-a-stone-temple-pilots-frontman-talks-axl-rose-stps-reunion-and-tight-jeans-20080502

That Scott is an odd duck.

As much as I totally think the whole GN'R breakup was a convoluted mess and Axl was NOT the only one to blame, I do think Scott purposely said this to sort of piss off the VR guys, probably knowing how much it would irritate them. I also know that Scott has been extremely volatile as a frontman and basically been kicked out of two high-profile gigs, VR and even his own original band, STP (the DeLeo brothers started referring to him as "Axl" behind the scenes due to his diva behaviour). So as much as I like the guy and think he's a great performer, he's got plenty of issues, and not the same kind as Axl: he has narcotic issues, and if he doesn't seek help he's gonna end up in an early grave like all his fallen heroes some day.

Having said that, yeah, I'm sure some of the stories he heard about Axl may have been exaggerated at times. When VR first formed in 2003/2004 I think a lot of them were still a bit resentful, and it was one of the first times they'd really all jammed together since GN'R, so I'm sure certain issues and stories came up.

Totally agree. I'm sure Beta filtered our exactly what happened that night and since she despises Slash probably more than Axl does, I'm sure she hammed it up.

I think the press release itself was very clearly written by - or at least heavily revised by - Axl. His writing style is all over it. From what I understand, Beta was the one who spoke to Slash, and she passed it along to Axl. The stuff about him saying he "hates Matt," etc., all that stuff, who knows how accurate it is, or if it was ever even said in that way. She could have paraphrased what he said, and then by the time it got to Axl it had turned into direct quotes. Who knows? We'll never know.

Pretty weird, though: that's probably the closest we ever got to Axl and Slash 'reuniting' in years and years...him showing up at his house and being turned away.

And it doesn't necessarily mean, even if it's true, that Slash was really intent on leaving VR or anything. People (i.e. Slash-haters) sometimes use that against Slash as some kind of example of how he's manipulative or whatever. But he had just relapsed, right? Have any of you guys ever gotten really drunk and tried to contact an ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend, then totally regretted it the next day and asked yourself why you did it? :lol: In my mind, I kinda see it as one of those emotional moments of weakness, fueled by alcohol, where Slash probably just wanted to mend a messy relationship and thought he could do it due to the drunken confidence. I'm sure with a sober head he wouldn't have attempted it in that manner, just showing up at his doorstep in the middle of the night. But I've been in those shoes.

I remember when Scott's letter appeared on the Velvet Revolver website. They had a pretty cool backstage-themed design at the time and his letter was basically encoded as like a Flash page or something...but then it was taken down pretty shortly thereafter.

I had a lot of baggage walking into my situation. I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-q-a-stone-temple-pilots-frontman-talks-axl-rose-stps-reunion-and-tight-jeans-20080502

As much as I totally think the whole GN'R breakup was a convoluted mess and Axl was NOT the only one to blame, I do think Scott purposely said this to sort of piss off the VR guys, probably knowing how much it would irritate them. I also know that Scott has been extremely volatile as a frontman and basically been kicked out of two high-profile gigs, VR and even his own original band, STP (the DeLeo brothers started referring to him as "Axl" behind the scenes due to his diva behaviour). So as much as I like the guy and think he's a great performer, he's got plenty of issues, and not the same kind as Axl: he has narcotic issues, and if he doesn't seek help he's gonna end up in an early grave like all his fallen heroes some day.

Having said that, yeah, I'm sure some of the stories he heard about Axl may have been exaggerated at times. When VR first formed in 2003/2004 I think a lot of them were still a bit resentful, and it was one of the first times they'd really all jammed together since GN'R, so I'm sure certain issues and stories came up.

Totally agree. I'm sure Beta filtered our exactly what happened that night and since she despises Slash probably more than Axl does, I'm sure she hammed it up.

I think the press release itself was very clearly written by - or at least heavily revised by - Axl. His writing style is all over it. From what I understand, Beta was the one who spoke to Slash, and she passed it along to Axl. The stuff about him saying he "hates Matt," etc., all that stuff, who knows how accurate it is, or if it was ever even said in that way. She could have paraphrased what he said, and then by the time it got to Axl it had turned into direct quotes. Who knows? We'll never know.

Pretty weird, though: that's probably the closest we ever got to Axl and Slash 'reuniting' in years and years...him showing up at his house and being turned away.

And it doesn't necessarily mean, even if it's true, that Slash was really intent on leaving VR or anything. People (i.e. Slash-haters) sometimes use that against Slash as some kind of example of how he's manipulative or whatever. But he had just relapsed, right? Have any of you guys ever gotten really drunk and tried to contact an ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend, then totally regretted it the next day and asked yourself why you did it? :lol: In my mind, I kinda see it as one of those emotional moments of weakness, fueled by alcohol, where Slash probably just wanted to mend a messy relationship and thought he could do it due to the drunken confidence. I'm sure with a sober head he wouldn't have attempted it in that manner, just showing up at his doorstep in the middle of the night. But I've been in those shoes.

great post.

So did Slash ever admit to showing up at Axl's house? Also, Slash was turned away? I thought Axl and Slash talked?

No one talks directly to Axl, they gotta pass first through the censorship "man", aka Beta. Slash didn't get through as expected...

Guest cbgnr666

Imagaine if they had phoned the police on him for his late night visit,that would have been embarassing.

Breaking News:

"Late night Stalker at Axl Rose residence is Arch Nemesis Slash"

Ask Perla if Slash was under the influence the night she drove him up to Axl's. If Beta thinks Slash wasn't under the influence, she also said she never saw Axl take drugs *L*

Weiland got caught up in band mudslinging the same way Sammy Hagar started trash talking David Lee Roth. It's that band pride thing, but at some point, I'm sure he'll trash talk Slash.

Guest Manny Manner

I think one of the biggest reasons Weiland made that comment is because Slash had yet to refute or respond to Axl's press release.

Ask Perla if Slash was under the influence the night she drove him up to Axl's. If Beta thinks Slash wasn't under the influence, she also said she never saw Axl take drugs *L*

Weiland got caught up in band mudslinging the same way Sammy Hagar started trash talking David Lee Roth. It's that band pride thing, but at some point, I'm sure he'll trash talk Slash.

Actually he has talked about Slash- after the VR breakup- he said he could see where Axl was coming from in regards to those guys- that (essentially) they were difficult to work with.

I was in a band (VR) where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault. - Scott Weiland

:hahafyou:

Truth always prevails and Scott now knows the truth.

Sorry to break it to you but Scott is out of his mind. He told in different interviews that VR was reuniting and even writing while it was not the case at all. He's crazy, maybe even more so than Axl.

Scott is only reliable when he's badmouthing Slash or Duff. :rolleyes:

This is a weak attempt from the deluded, misguided, pathetic, psychotic, blind Axl fans. Actually, they've tried this before and failed miserably, I don't get why they keep trying though. They probably love being humiliated or something. :lol:

I'd say Weiland's later quote hits the nail on the head - it's easy to take every story at face value. Then you wind up having your own experiences and suddenly you have to wonder.

Phil Anselmo was quoted today saying "it takes 4 people to break up a band" (he's referring to there being 4 members in Pantera). He has a point.

Anyway - there was obviously some truth to the Slash story and VR was pretty much done from that moment forward. They haven't really done shit since.

Slash was the last nail in the coffin for VR, and the main issue within those guys. This is well documented, He didn't want to have anything to do with that band anymore. Going solo is more profitable n more fun to him.

So well documented that I don't know what you're talking about.

I think he might mean nixing singers. Matt commented in interviews about it. Like every time they brought in a new singer they were digging Slash would nix it.

No disrespect to the guy but lightning rarely strikes twice. He's had two big name frontmen and almost a third with Corey Taylor... I don't see it happening again

VR without Scott would be terrible. The frontman is so important to the band. Most of the VR songs have lyrics about Scott's personal issues like marriage, drugs, family etc. VR without Scott would always be doomed to be fake VR or nuVR. Major lineup changes almost never work - just look at Black Sabbath.

I like Brent Fitz' drumming better than Sorum's (especially on Appetite songs.) Finding a singer better than Myles is unlikely. Myles didn't want to join VR. Staying solo makes sense for Slash. Duff and Dave are nice but they sure aren't big draws for ticket sales.

I don't disagree. I prefer VR with Scott. That said it's just what happened according to Matt when they were auditioning new singers.

The Dio years in Sabbath actually weren't that bad but maybe that's hindsight given he's passed. I don't really like singer changes though. I can handle Guns because Axl is still singing. Voice is the most distinct thing to me personally.