Changes to MYGNRFORUM.com

highvoltage

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust n Bones is gone too. ;)

So what does it mean? Can we discuss Adler's special adventures in the 80's?

Considering it's all era GnR discussion, you can discuss Adler's days in GnR right up to Frank drumming for them in a bowling alley..and whatever comes next in GnR world.

So what does it mean? Can we discuss Adler's special adventures in the 80's?

Considering it's all era GnR discussion, you can discuss Adler's days in GnR right up to Frank drumming for them in a bowling alley..and whatever comes next in GnR world.

Great thanks for clearing that up!

I think the changes are great. The stricter enforcement may make the boards a little less active at first, but in the long run I think it will help bring back members who were turned off by all the insults/trolling etc.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the splitting of Movies/TV discussion from Anything Goes?

I think it's a good decision, particularly because people were clogging AG by making individual threads for every show/movie that interests them. Too many threads is not a good thing.

In general, I like what you have done.

I still think it would have been best to somehow keep the classic lineup and the current lineup separate. Just a feeling that this isn't the way to go. But by trial and error, we shall see! I could be completely wrong aswell.

Why? Both lineups play the same music, and the inactivity of the current lineup doesn't warrant it's own area... unless you want to keep talking about Vanessa pregnancy rumors or fake interviews with Richard Fortus.

I just feel like it invites bad things to happen.

Like for instance, now, when Slash makes a tweet about a wet fart he just let out, it's OK to make a thread about it here. His and Perlas shit is something I never want to read about and am offended by, he is 10x the hasbeen Axl is. and has been that way for some time. Now I should stomach shit about him just because he was in GNR 20 years ago? ... blah.

I think the changes are great. The stricter enforcement may make the boards a little less active at first, but in the long run I think it will help bring back members who were turned off by all the insults/trolling etc.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the splitting of Movies/TV discussion from Anything Goes?

I think it's a good decision, particularly because people were clogging AG by making individual threads for every show/movie that interests them. Too many threads is not a good thing.

What I also like about it is, there can be movie specific threads, rather than all movie discussion jumbled into one thread.

D&N including all GnR era discussion will result in more cupcake activity, but I'm sure the mods can deal with that. Liking the changes so far.

Does this mean you'll be binning those threads that just need to be gone?

Perhaps merging with exisiting threads, where possible.

Very nice. Thank-you Mods.

And BIG THANKS TO MARC FOR STICKING AROUND. It can't be easy seeing friends get slammed on an everyday basis, and bite his tongue. I hope the changes help to keep him around, not that he wasn't. Again THANK YOU MARC.

This!

And thanks Mods. Good changes.

His and Perlas shit is something I never want to read about and am offended by, he is 10x the hasbeen Axl is. and has been that way for some time.

You did read and comprehend High's posting about the changes, right? ;)

Like for instance, now, when Slash makes a tweet about a wet fart he just let out, it's OK to make a thread about it here. His and Perlas shit is something I never want to read about and am offended by, he is 10x the hasbeen Axl is. and has been that way for some time. Now I should stomach shit about him just because he was in GNR 20 years ago? ... blah.

How does it invite bad things? All of the above you describe wouldn't be in D&N under the new setup as it's not GnR related. The point is that discussions about GnR are permitted no matter what era. Anything not specifically about GnR will go in the "Side Projects" forum.

Also, you should really go and lie down in a darkened room before you injure yourself. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

What I also like about it is, there can be movie specific threads, rather than all movie discussion jumbled into one thread.

Exactly. Having movie specific threads in AG didn't work, but in the Movies/TV subforum it will work well.

I never understood why Guns N' Roses discussion wasn't all under one forum to begin with, so I'm excited about the change. Now things won't degenerate into "wrong forum, bro" discussions and we can all just share in the rich history of the band itself. The Axl/Slash arguments or old/new lineup will always be there regardless.

Mostly in favour of the changes made and I appreciate the effort on behalf of the mods to inject some life back into the community.

Not too sure how I feel about everything being moved into Discussion & News though, back when I cared enough to argue, I did quite enjoy telling the Old Band snobs to fuck off back to their own section whenever they tried to belittle me/anyone else for daring to enjoy a show. Now they'll probably be unbearable.

Mostly in favour of the changes made and I appreciate the effort on behalf of the mods to inject some life back into the community.

Not too sure how I feel about everything being moved into Discussion & News though, back when I cared enough to argue, I did quite enjoy telling the Old Band snobs to fuck off back to their own section whenever they tried to belittle me/anyone else for daring to enjoy a show. Now they'll probably be unbearable.

You think so? How does it really change anything in real terms?

I sincerely appreciate the stated intention on stricter moderation of insults, etc. I think that is a great thing. I can also understand that given this has been a fairly quiet year overall for GN'R, wanting to make the Discussion and News section more wide in its variety by bringing in discussions of previous eras of GN'R. However, as stated above, I can't help but wonder if these actions may be at cross-purposes given that historically so many of the discussions that escalated in insult-fests were rooted in old vs. new band differences of opinion. I wonder if this merging of all eras may in fact lead to more of these type of conflicts.

These changes are interesting, and hopefully they turn out for the best, though.

Ali

I still think it would have been best to somehow keep the classic lineup and the current lineup separate. Just a feeling that this isn't the way to go. But by trial and error, we shall see! I could be completely wrong aswell.

Why? Both lineups play the same music, and the inactivity of the current lineup doesn't warrant it's own area... unless you want to keep talking about Vanessa pregnancy rumors or fake interviews with Richard Fortus.

I agree with this.

I like all the changes besides merging the old lineups with the current line up in the D&N.

Slash turned his back on all of us and know were going to "discuss" him in the main GNR section.

I agree with this.

I like all the changes besides merging the old lineups with the current line up in the D&N.

Slash turned his back on all of us and know were going to "discuss" him in the main GNR section.

We're going to discuss GnR when he was in the band in that section. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. :rolleyes: