What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

5 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Gonna finish the man with no name trilogy tonight. The Good, the Bad, the Ugly.

Fistful is great.  'I dont trust that feelthy Americano' :lol:   Their names are so cool...Ramon Rojo, Esteban Rojo, sound like fuckin' bad boys.  

'Shoot for the heart Ramon'.

And Indio might be favourite character in movie history.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fistful is great.  'I dont trust that feelthy Americano' :lol:   Their names are so cool...Ramon Rojo, Esteban Rojo, sound like fuckin' bad boys.  

yeah i guess in Spanish they sound more badass than what they are in English...Raymond and Steven Red :lol:

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah i guess in Spanish they sound more badass than what they are in English...Raymond and Steven Red :lol:

Thank you thank you thank you!  Yknow, I been watching those films since i was 9 years old and they've informed my idea of cool since then and you've just waltzed over and shagged it all, thank you so much, whenever i watch that film now my minds gonna be goin Raymondraymondraymondraymondraymondraymondraymond :lol:  And his friend Steven Red :lol:  Bloody Texans, you live too near to the border for your own good :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Favorite movie of the year? 

Lemonade. For theatrical releases, I think Moonlight was the best of the year but I'd rather re-watch La La Land  than anything else. Which I'm embarrassed about, but whatever. I also should've added The Neon Demon to my list, it's superior to Nocturnal Animals. And The Lobster, though it's technically 2015. And Arrival

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hahahahaha sorry! :lol:

Dont apologise now, the damage has been done :lol:. Hopefully this half jar of Moonshine I've haf will eliminate any memory of this innocence shattering discourse :lol:

Just now, Angelica said:

Lemonade. For theatrical releases, I think Moonlight was the best of the year but I'd rather re-watch La La Land  than anything else. Which I'm embarrassed about, but whatever. I also should've added The Neon Demon to my list, it's superior to Nocturnal Animals. And The Lobster, though it's technically 2015. And Arrival

Hey you, what was Gimme Danger like?  I want a lengthy in depth assessment, it aint comin' out on dvd til a week monday and i been waiting for this bastard for over a year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah I watched Fistfull and Few More recently. They're all great. Indio is probably the best character besides Eastwood in the whole series. And that's coming from a big Van Cleef fan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah I watched Fistfull and Few More recently. They're all great. Indio is probably the best character besides Eastwood in the whole series. And that's coming from a big Van Cleef fan.

Hes in High Noon yknow.  And How the West Was Won.  Before FAFDM he was basically just a side actor.  Lee Van Cleef I mean.

'When the music stops you can begin...try and shoot me Colo-nal' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Hes in High Noon yknow.  And How the West Was Won.  Before FAFDM he was basically just a side actor.  Lee Van Cleef I mean.

'When the music stops you can begin...try and shoot me Colo-nal' :lol:

He's also a young side actor in Liberty Valance.

58 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Dont apologise now, the damage has been done :lol:. Hopefully this half jar of Moonshine I've haf will eliminate any memory of this innocence shattering discourse :lol:

Hey you, what was Gimme Danger like?  I want a lengthy in depth assessment, it aint comin' out on dvd til a week monday and i been waiting for this bastard for over a year.

It's good, highly entertaining. Too enamoured with it's subject to be a great documentary but it's a lovely interview and there's some amazing old footage. Did you see the Oasis doc?

6 hours ago, Angelica said:

It's good, highly entertaining. Too enamoured with it's subject to be a great documentary but it's a lovely interview and there's some amazing old footage. Did you see the Oasis doc?

Yeah i did, thought it was pretty good.  Not something I'd watch a great many times as i tend to do with documentaries of bands i like.

7 hours ago, J Dog said:

He's also a young side actor in Liberty Valance.

Yeah he plays one of Libertys men if I'm not mistaken?

41 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah I don't even think he says one line. He's just hanging around behind Liberty the whole time.

He's also in Tribute to a Bad Man, one of i think two westerns Jimmy Cagney (a personal favourite of mine) made, the other being The Oaklahoma Kid.

The Nice Guys.

Holy fucking shit was it brilliant, my favourite Shane Black film. I'm normally not into crime/mystery/hard-boiled detective films, but Shane Black is just a fucking genius. I mean, he always hits the same beats in each film (sardonic lead(s), wise-cracking kid, Xmas theme or scene), but it's always amazing.

Finished my Dollars trilogy marathon. First time I've watched them all back to back like that in a long time. Something can be said for movies like that that you can watch 100 times and still not become bored with them. And credit to Leone too, making a series like that and never dipping in quality over the course of the films. Some could argue they actually gained quality.

Tried to rank them but it's almost impossible, best I could do and the difference between isn't much.

Good, Bad, the Ugly

For a Few Dollars More

Fistful of Dollars

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Finished my Dollars trilogy marathon. First time I've watched them all back to back like that in a long time. Something can be said for movies like that that you can watch 100 times and still not become bored with them. And credit to Leone too, making a series like that and never dipping in quality over the course of the films. Some could argue they actually gained quality.

Tried to rank them but it's almost impossible, best I could do and the difference between isn't much.

Good, Bad, the Ugly

For a Few Dollars More

Fistful of Dollars

I think Once Upon A Time beats em all...and i say that after some consideration cuz the trilogy were like...most of my youth time viewing :lol:  I used to come home from primary school and for at least a couple of years it was my daily routine to stick em on when i got in.

30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think Once Upon A Time beats em all...and i say that after some consideration cuz the trilogy were like...most of my youth time viewing :lol:  I used to come home from primary school and for at least a couple of years it was my daily routine to stick em on when i got in.

I actually agree. Matter of fact, I had a bunch of Eastwood westerns on dvd at one point, Hang em High, Josey Wales, Pale Rider, Unforgiven, so instead of getting the Dollars trilogy I got Once Upon a Time instead because I had to have a Leone one. I would call it his masterpiece.

• Like 1