What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Promised Land, by Gus Van Sant, starring Matt Damon and Frances McDormand who work for an energy company and go to a small town in the US Midwest and have to convince the locals to sell them land and allow them to extract natural gas by fracking and they have to deal with environmental concerns. It would have been a good movie, but it's ruined by an awful twist ending that turns it into a boring Hollywood "CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL!!!" cliche. I would have liked much more if it were about a conflict in which the two sides both think they're morally right and in a way they both are.

Guest Len B'stard

Howls Moving Castle is great although, in terms of Miyazaki's best, I would rank Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke above it.

Shooter is shite, could never understand why so many liked it.

The missus made me watch it, i'm not proud of it :lol:

As for the shooter, i'd never heard of it until a couple of weekends ago i was listening to an interview with Saul Alvarez and someone asked him his favorite film and he said that and the title just stuck in my head for some reason so i picked it up, it was alright, not bad, seen worse, worth the 90 minutes definitely :)

Just finished watching Kick Ass 2. It had its enjoyable moments, but all in all it doesn't get close to being as great as the original.

I just saw it today, and enjoyed it! Part I is better, but two wasnt too shabby. Jim Carey did a good job, it is a shame he didn't want to promote the movie

TheScientificCardplayer.jpg

the scientific cardplayer (directed by luigi comencini)

A wealthy US heiress (Bette Davis) and her partner embark upon their annual journey to Rome to play scopa, an Italian card game, with a financially struggling couple...

i forgot to say how awesome it is

Watched The Amazing Spider-Man. Thought was good. Almost as good as the first Spider-Man. A lot better than Spider-Man 3.

A lot better than Spider-Man 3 doesn't mean much ha. That was such a horrible movie, I still can not believe that Sam Raimi directed it.

Glad to hear the reboot is decent, I still need to get around to seeing it.

Watched The Amazing Spider-Man. Thought was good. Almost as good as the first Spider-Man. A lot better than Spider-Man 3.

A lot better than Spider-Man 3 doesn't mean much ha. That was such a horrible movie, I still can not believe that Sam Raimi directed it.

You can't watch it thinking of the other films. The only problem I had with Garfield is that he does not look like a geek like Peter Parker was in comics. Something Maguire pulled off very well. He looked like a total fuck-up but not geeky.

Also watched Zero Dark Thirty. Very well done, one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Usually movies that take place in a span of ten years feel choppy and jumpy but it was really well edited and did not blink in the last 45 minutes. It was intense.

You can't watch it thinking of the other films. The only problem I had with Garfield is that he does not look like a geek like Peter Parker was in comics. Something Maguire pulled off very well. He looked like a total fuck-up but not geeky.

Also watched Zero Dark Thirty. Very well done, one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Usually movies that take place in a span of ten years feel choppy and jumpy but it was really well edited and did not blink in the last 45 minutes. It was intense.

I enjoyed Zero Dark Thirty, I just felt it dragged on a bit too long.