Guns N' Roses Twitter post about New Album!

Jakey Styley

5 is a few. You can count it on one hand. After waiting around for CD, is anyone really expecting that we'll get the album soon or that it will be worked on so soon after CD was released? I'm not. I knew after CD it would be another 10 years minimum.

Wrong. For years we were told that "Chinese Democracy" was going to be a multi-album opus, even as recent as December, 2008 when Axl reffered to it as "a double" went on and on about the next album confirming titles, talked about Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged & The General, even teasing a possible release the following year....It's been five.

Amazing all the shit we settle for as Guns N' Roses fans.

Edited by sofine11

I never get in on the shit fests that go on here, but that was a completely inexcusable response on social media in this day and age. I've seen college interns handle messages like that in a much more professional manner. This is why big brands hire people to run that stuff. For a band that seems to be relying on touring, those comments should be alarming...

5 is a few. You can count it on one hand. After waiting around for CD, is anyone really expecting that we'll get the album soon or that it will be worked on so soon after CD was released? I'm not. I knew after CD it would be another 10 years minimum.

Wrong. For years we were told that "Chinese Democracy" was going to be a multi-album opus, even as recent as December, 2008 when Axl reffered to it as "a double" went on and on about the next album confirming titles, talked about Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged & The General, even teasing a possible release the following year....It's been five.

And you believed it? I didn't. So it doesn't look like I'm wrong. It's not about being wrong or right; I'm just saying not to expect anything or have hopes for anything. Just sit back and have a laugh.

I never get in on the shit fests that go on here, but that was a completely inexcusable response on social media in this day and age. I've seen college interns handle messages like that in a much more professional manner. This is why big brands hire people to run that stuff. For a band that seems to be relying on touring, those comments should be alarming...

Now THAT'S a great post!

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 2

I think it's been a war of attrition since 2008 (Axl's remark in '09 about the past year being the worst of his life, repeated mentions of waiting to hear what label's deal is before new album, etc.), and with Team Brazil in charge the label is taking Axl less seriously than ever. Can't really see anything changing :(

I think it's been a war of attrition since 2008 (Axl's remark in '09 about the past year being the worst of his life, repeated mentions of waiting to hear what label's deal is before new album, etc.), and with Team Brazil in charge the label is taking Axl less seriously than ever. Can't really see anything changing :(

Exactly. They're not idiots. They know Axl has put Beta and her children in charge, and God knows after publicly slagging them in 2009, they're not beating down his doors to release anything else. The Best Buy deal and subsequent sales more than paid for Chinese, so why bother? Best to just cut their losses & move on with new talent. Especially with a man with the demands that Axl will no doubt have, not to mention having to deal soley with the Lebeis family. Ick.

Edited by sofine11

The content of the statement itself isn't overly surprising. What I find incredibly provocative is the casual and arrogant way they're willing to dash fans' hopes.

They pretty much answered the letter and the 5Qs with ONE frigging sentence. Hail TB (yeah riiiiight)!

To me TB are parasites who use GnR and Axl for their own benefit and their milking has brought GnR in a state of COMA LoL...have to listen to that song as a reminder what GnR has become =D "What the fuck is going oonnnnn, GOD DAMMIT!!"

And you believed it? I didn't. So it doesn't look like I'm wrong. It's not about being wrong or right; I'm just saying not to expect anything or have hopes for anything. Just sit back and have a laugh.

And you have been here long enough to understand how frustrated NuGuns fans are......Sometimes people just need to vent their frustration when they continuously get shit on by the NuGuns camp.....Should they know better by now? sure but that does not lessen the frustration and hope tomorrow will bring a different response...they never give up hope...

Personally I never expected anything more from Axl once ChiDem was basically released against his will so I am not surprised by his lack of activitiy or his complete disdain for his fans but I can understand the frustration the real NuGuns fans are feeling.......

• Like 1

Jesus. When will this Team Brazil bullshit end? Jesus, Axl, just put them all in your will already so they stay the fuck away from Guns N' Roses and their fans. Who knows? Maybe then Axl can get a propper manager who'll be able to mop up this god-awful mess and make something, anything, of substance happen.

• Like 1

Not really surprised by the gist of the tweet but more to how they worded it. Like they are really wanting fans to stop supporting them.

Well, Beta has successfully isolated Axl from the label, managers, ex-bandmates, girlfriends...Why not the fans?

We should all switch our focus to better bands like RATT.

They probably treat their fans better than Axl does at this point..........

I was serious. I like RATT. They perform well and their last album was one of the best I've heard from any band in a decade.