Flashback...Adler implodes at Farm Aid

axlinkafayette

It's kinda telling though that he was fired from the band less than half a year later. Good riddance. Matt Sorum was 10x better.

Also Adler is a fucking liar. He didn't know how to play Civil War? There's a demo of the song with him on it from around 89!

Edited by Vincent Vega

Thanks for this, don't think I've ever seen the clip. Sounds like something is off and it's probably Adler's drumming, but I guess it wasn't too bad overall. Cool look for Axl. He seemed alright but looked pissed at the end and kinda threw the mic stand.

Edited by axlsalinger

Steven was not bad in this performance other than the trip at the beginning. I do notice Duff looking at Steven during the changes as if to se if he's following.

He also forgot the change in pace during the "We practice selective annihilation." part. But then again, it was a new song for them to play.

Edited by 31illusions

I remember that day when GnR played at Farm Aid in 1990. I knew they were gonna play, but didn't know when. So I had to sit thru a bunch of country acts for hours and hours. Then finally they had a camera shot panning down behind the drums and the drum roadie was making sure the drums were all set, he had a shirt on that said "ROCK LIKE FUCK" in big letters. They quickly went back to Dick Clark. I knew then that GnR were minutes away, finally.

Great performance, yes Civil War could have been better, but Steven obviously had some trouble playing it. "Down on the Farm" was incredible. Adler did fine, and the rest of the band were great. Running all over the stage, Slash looks like about to jump into the crowd at one point, jumping down those levels of the stage. And if you look closely, you can see the little TV monitors in front of the stage showing "TIIMES UP". GnR ran a little long I guess. But they just ignored it and rocked like crazy.

Slash is ultimately right. Drugs are fine so long as you can maintain and do the work. Once you can't, then your drug problem becomes everyone's problem.

Steven Adler, for all this supposed genius and vitality, has done nothing of note in 20 plus years. That is no accident.