Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

It's delusional to pin the negativity on MyGNR being racist. A minority of bad apples may have opportunistically thrown that type of spanner in the works. But for the most part, it's a new music thing.

Some people here really take things too personal. Team Brazil has been insulted in the lowest ways here pretty often by some limited minds (housekeeper from third world countries etc.). So I kind of understand Fernandos reaction. However it would actually help if he adressed some of the questions.

it would help but how is he supposed to open up to us when he is forced into being defensive with all the hate.

if it was me and there were people slagging me off and my mum, last thing i'm gonna do is answer your questions.

if it was me and there were people slagging me off and my mum, last thing i'm gonna do is answer your questions.

If possible, Fernando needs to separate his personal feelings and professional career. After all, they were desparate to manage GNR officially and issued Axl an ultimatum. If you want a gig like managing GNR, you have to be prepared to take a degree of abuse.

• Like 1

it would help but how is he supposed to open up to us when he is forced into being defensive with all the hate.

He isn't supposed to open up.

If the band had any concrete plans, they would do a press release and announce them despite what is being written on the forums.

It's just that it's a completely disfunctionnal band. Why do you think three members have joined the Dead Daisies in the last couple months ? Because they don't have anything to do in GnR...

It was Nice of him to set the record straight. It looks like those questions will be answered sometime.. i Guess.

Its a lot of hatred here for sure, and he made some relevant Points.

We all hope for a New album in 2014, but I Guess its up to Axl anyways..

If possible, Fernando needs to separate his personal feelings and professional career. After all, they were desparate to manage GNR officially and issued Axl an ultimatum. If you want a gig like managing GNR, you have to be prepared to take a degree of abuse.

This is why the saying 'never mix business and pleasure' exists. Previous managers have taken a degree of abuse but as far as I am aware it's aimed at them and not their families. I can see why Axl went for the arrangement but on the other hand it was foolish or naive to put his family in the firing line.

What "unprofessional tweet" would that be? The one where they told us they would inform us of plans as soon as anything was concrete?

I refuse to get into one of your long-winded arguements. It was a poorly written tweet.

So you are talking about this tweet?:

Generally speaking, at this time we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs. When things get confirmed we will let you know. Thank you for your patience.

It absolutely baffles me how this tweet is unprofessional. It certainly isn't what we wanted to hear and it certainly must feel annoyingly if it was interpreted as a reply to a well-thought out letter sent to Team Brazil, but unprofessional? I don't get it.

I don't see any problem at all with that post from Fernando. Just being honest.

Anyone claiming that racist remarks and insults are hurled toward Team Brazil on a regular basis is absolutely lying to themselves. Is is the majority of posters? No. But it does happen and it happens a lot.

I can see why Axl went for the arrangement but on the other hand it was foolish or naive to put his family in the firing line.

Axl isn't to blame. He heeded to an ultimatum issued by his family. They were going to walk out if he insisted on appointing another industry manager. What would you have done?

I don't think it looks good when he so obviously makes a point of being hurt by the abuse hurled at his family from a few kids over at various Internet sites. They should be able to rise above such things. They are management now. A post like this would have looked much more professional in my opinion:

"I spent a few hours reading through some of the larger forums and I understand the fans' frustration. As I said in an earlier statement, we are currently working on things for the future and I hope to be able to share it with you in a short time. I hope you understand that I can't go in any details right now. I would also like to apologize to the authors of the "open letter" for not responding explicitly to them. The statement I sent out was not in response to that letter. I hope to be able to come back to those questions when things are falling into place. For now, I wish you all the best and look forward to share exciting events for 2014 with you all. Best regards, Fernando at Team Brazil".

I do understand his desire to address the abuse taking place here on mygnrforum, but I am afraid that venue has been sort of blocked after taking a management position. It is simply not a battle a manager is supposed to take. He should rise above silly Internet thugs, take the high road and not go into battle with the cupcakes and haters.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

Anyone claiming that racist remarks and insults are hurled toward Team Brazil on a regular basis is absolutely lying to themselves. Is is the majority of posters? No. But it does happen and it happens a lot.

Never understand the racism against SA, Mexicans, Brazilians, etc. I came here every day and always got to read some stupid racism comment. it's really a shame.

however the destructive criticism hinders the outcome

I wonder what he means by that.

Perhaps that Axl gets demotivated to do anything if he feels his hardcore fans have turned against him and don't believe in him anymore?

real great artists don't care about that.

they do what they have to do without taking into consideration the criticism.

axl isn't a great artist, he's just a singer who lost his band. without slash, izzy and duff he's not creative.

Sad thing is we are a great bunch...I'd say there is just maybe 5 assholes here that ruined it for all of us.

I really don't think it's time to throw in the towel and say everything is ruined. I really believe there's still a way for this to all work out. I think there can be a happy medium where people post their opinions, negative and positive, without crossing lines that people respect everyday out in the real world.

• Like 1

Sad thing is we are a great bunch...I'd say there is just maybe 5 assholes here that ruined it for all of us.

I really don't think it's time to throw in the towel and say everything is ruined. I really believe there's still a way for this to all work out. I think there can be a happy medium where people post their opinions, negative and positive, without crossing lines that people respect everyday out in the real world.

Thank you for trying to be the amending bridge here. I hope HV and Subsy understand what a great asset to this place you are.

Edited by SoulMonster