Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

They have facebook, twitter, their own forum, and they're not saying much... So why do you want them to come here? I talk for myself but updates on twitter is good enough for me.

Exactly, they have Facebook, Twitter and 3 of their own forums (Nightrain, Paradise City and HTGTH), and still they have nothing to say. What difference is it going to make if they come here?

"complaints, complaints, complaints"

Seriously, his response is just as unprofessional as the previous outbursts. I hope everything turns out well for this band, but I've kinda lost any hope for that. How is it that these people are proud to announce they have had a two hour meeting for this band? Is that so special? It's his fucking job to have those. I have multiple meetings each week.

There wasn't anything in the original instagram that really indicated he was "proud" about the meeting. It's people here who are twisting it to become like this big announcement tweet where his sole intention was to tell the world he had a meeting. I interpret it more like an instagram message where he told how nice it was to relax at the beach after a long day with meetings.

I tried to support this band, I really did, but with all that has happened now, it's getting really hard. I don't know how people like you, no offense, manage to keep taking all this shit.

Look here: the band doesn't need "your support" nor your "hate". The band just wants you to buy its records and tickets, if you enjoy the music. That is all. If you don't want to buy the music or shows, that's fine. But no need to take things so ridiculously seriously like you are some white knight who are "protecting" the band in any way and are in your right to get personally offended when the band doesn't do thing to your liking. There is no shit being thrown at us at all, just a band fully in its right not releasing music as often as we want or communicating as often or in the manner we would prefer. If you don't like it, just don't pay attention to the band anymore. Just don't believe you have entered some magical contract with the band because you have chosen to invest your time and feelings on a band that turns out to not function the way you want it, and that according to this contract they owe it to you to behave in some particular way.

however the destructive criticism hinders the outcome

I wonder what he means by that.

Perhaps that Axl gets demotivated to do anything if he feels his hardcore fans have turned against him and don't believe in him anymore?

Do you think he really is that clueless as to why fans get frustrated with his lack of communication about what the band is doing?

He could win back many of the haters if he did something as simple as an occasional tweet telling us what is going on.

Lack the occasional tweet he just did where he told us nothing is going on but that he would update us as soon as something is happening again?

"complaints, complaints, complaints"

Seriously, his response is just as unprofessional as the previous outbursts. I hope everything turns out well for this band, but I've kinda lost any hope for that. How is it that these people are proud to announce they have had a two hour meeting for this band? Is that so special? It's his fucking job to have those. I have multiple meetings each week.

There wasn't anything in the original instagram that really indicated he was "proud" about the meeting. It's people here who are twisting it to become like this big announcement tweet where his sole intention was to tell the world he had a meeting. I interpret it more like an instagram message where he told how nice it was to relax at the beach after a long day with meetings.

I tried to support this band, I really did, but with all that has happened now, it's getting really hard. I don't know how people like you, no offense, manage to keep taking all this shit.

Look here: the band doesn't need "your support" nor your "hate". The band just wants you to buy its records and tickets, if you enjoy the music. That is all. If you don't want to buy the music or shows, that's fine. But no need to take things so ridiculously seriously like you are some white knight who are "protecting" the band in any way and are in your right to get personally offended when the band doesn't do thing to your liking. There is no shit being thrown at us at all, just a band fully in its right not releasing music as often as we want or communicating as often or in the manner we would prefer. If you don't like it, just don't pay attention to the band anymore. Just don't believe you have entered some magical contract with the band because you have chosen to invest your time and feelings on a band that turns out to not function the way you want it, and that according to this contract they owe it to you to behave in some particular way.

however the destructive criticism hinders the outcome

I wonder what he means by that.

Perhaps that Axl gets demotivated to do anything if he feels his hardcore fans have turned against him and don't believe in him anymore?

Do you think he really is that clueless as to why fans get frustrated with his lack of communication about what the band is doing?

He could win back many of the haters if he did something as simple as an occasional tweet telling us what is going on.

Lack the occasional tweet he just did where he told us nothing is going on but that he would update us as soon as something is happening again?

^That wasn't Axl. Just some "kid."

If some minute part of you wants to have a look at Jarmo's community, Fernando has briefly visited there for a quick exchange with posters. He expressed optimism that he could still yet pull off what was requested in our letter.

Oh, I am not some "white knight", don't worry about that. I don't get personally offended if some random person involved with this band says something I don't like. I happen to have a life besides this band/forum. There are multiple other bands I enjoy as well. In the end however, I am also a GNR fan, so that means that I care to a certain extent about what happens with this band.

But when you look at it from an outsiders perspective, you can't do anything else than conclude that things are getting kind of ridiculous. Insulting people who run a fan board of "your" band, answering "normal" fan questions with "complaints, complaints, complaints" (that was totally lol), multiple bandmembers stating they are making music, which is then contradicted by others, etc. etc. The British could make an insanely funny comedy series based on this band, I am sure.

Look at this board: what have people been talking about all this time before the leaks and the recent events? Axl's hair, Axl's weight, Ashbaswag, Slash being an asshole, Slash not being an asshole, and the same setlists over and over again. All I can say is that if those are the only things your fans have to talk about for years, something is wrong.

In the end I won't sleep worse over it, though. I want this band to do well, but if it doesn't, then so it is. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Having an opinion does not mean I think the band personally "owes" me something. I think you are confused there. You yourself seem more like what you accuse me of being: a knight in shining armor who defends this band all the time, whatever they do. I can appreciate that, but if you can't understand that people, fans, can have valid criticisms about this band without feeling that the band "owes" them something, then I don't know what to say to you anymore.

Edited by st0n3r

I liked Fernando's statement but his glowing testimony of Jarmo's zombieland was laughable.

I agree with this and I think this is a the heart of the issues.

It's one thing to defend people bashing yourself or your family and friends, which isn't cool, but to hold up a censored board, controlled by you, as some utopia of communication, in a situation where conflict arose from communication and lack of self control of your views, speaks volumes. The argument someone said something bad about you, and therefore no one should be able to say anything about anything unless it's approved by you or like minded people, is a little scary.

Edited by kbirdie76

In the end I won't sleep worse over it, though. I want this band to do well, but if it doesn't, then so it is. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Having an opinion does not mean I think the band personally "owes" me something. I think you are confused there. You however, seem more like a knight in shining armor who defends this band all the time, whatever they do. I can appreciate that, but if you can't understand that there people, fans, can have valid criticisms about this band without feeling that the band "owes" them something, then I don't know what to say to you anymore.

Sure, but your opinion is that the band is "throwing shit at you" (or whatever way your phrased it) and that really sounds weird to me and suggests you have invested too much of your emotions in a rock and roll band. There is NO POSSIBLE way the band could fuck with you except to not give you a record when you pay for it or refuse to play at a gig. No matter how lackadaisical the release schedule is or how unprofessional or abuse the communication is, the band isn't doing anything against us.

It was actually quite well written. However, it's not the type of message the management team of GNR (or any other band for that matter) should be writing. Too much of a personal angle was thrown in, rather than taking a step back from that kind of stuff. Would you send a work email going into detail about your own personal life? Well, some would. But you get my point.

Agreed.

Too many petty little digs and personal insults. Not super professional.

In the end I won't sleep worse over it, though. I want this band to do well, but if it doesn't, then so it is. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Having an opinion does not mean I think the band personally "owes" me something. I think you are confused there. You however, seem more like a knight in shining armor who defends this band all the time, whatever they do. I can appreciate that, but if you can't understand that there people, fans, can have valid criticisms about this band without feeling that the band "owes" them something, then I don't know what to say to you anymore.

Sure, but your opinion is that the band is "throwing shit at you" (or whatever way your phrased it) and that really sounds weird to me and suggests you have invested too much of your emotions in a rock and roll band. There is NO POSSIBLE way the band could fuck with you except to not give you a record when you pay for it or refuse to play at a gig. No matter how lackadaisical the release schedule is or how unprofessional or abuse the communication is, the band isn't doing anything against us.

I may have phrased it too harsh, but by "taking this shit", I meant put up with all of this bullshit. And yes, that's what it is. I don't feel like they are throwing shit at me at all. All the nonsense of the past days/weeks/months though, is bullshit. An dI don't understand why people feel the need to defend it. Call it what it is.

But as I said, I won't lose any sleep over it. I really don't feel personally offended by ANYTHING this band does.

Edited by st0n3r

Why don't people get it? All Axl wants to do is the bare minimum, to support his lifestyle: Tour every couple of years, to bring in some cash. He doesn't want fame or popularity, or even press. He just wants to do his thing.

His thing is touring "The Set-list," in Canada, South America, etc.

It's the delusional Nu-GnR fans with ridiculous expectations for this band that cause so much trouble.

• Like 1

I may have phrased it too harsh, but by "taking this shit", I meant put up with all of this bullshit. And yes, that's what it is. I don't feel like they are throwing shit at me at all. All the nonsense of the past days/weeks/months though, is bullshit. An dI don't understand why people feel the need to defend it. Call it what it is.

But as I said, I won't lose any sleep over it. I really don't feel personally offended by ANYTHING this band does.

Okay, then I understand. I don't feel a need to defend or not defend anything. I offer my opinions on stuff, and especially stuff where I can disagree with others. I happen to find Fernando's tweet professional, his posts at HTGTH not so much. It is what it is.

I also have no problems being interested in the band and continue to be a fan of the music, despite the band not being as I would have preferred it, neither in music quality or progression. There really is no problem for me "putting up" with it, because there really isn't anything to "put up with". It is a band that hasn't been overly productive and who are rather dysfunctional when it comes to communication.

Edited by SoulMonster

Well, then we agree more or less. :)

Yay! :D

But I think the attitude that the band IS "throwing shit at us", and which seems to be shared by quite a lot of members here, is the reason they feel they are allowed to hurl insults and behave like obnoxious little children towards the band and management, which obviously hurts Fernando which again strains the relationship between fan base and management. Everybody needs to grow up a little.

Well, yes, but Fernando is the manager of this band. I honestly don't care if he is "hurt". The fact that they put that out there by itself is unprofessional. All bands have to put up with this, but only this one resorts to whining about it instead of just ignoring it. Say what you want but Beta calling the admins of this board "assholes", the "complaints complaints complaints" reply,... Isn't all of that a tad bit ridiculous?

And so what if someone makes a joke about the "housekeeper-manager". It can be funny, without being meanspirited. Some people, pro- or against this band take everything to serious.

Edited by st0n3r

There's potential here because MyGNR, contrary to management's current perception, does not embody extreme negativity. If you were to create a spectrum, this place would be relatively centreground:

Distinctly negativeGNFNR/thegnrforum --- Mixture of opinionsMyGNR/gnrevo --- Distinctly positiveHTGTH/PC

"I received the letter from facebook, I believe from the idiot I blocked baiting for attention. Anthony something.

My admin told me about the questions, as I previously stated. Did not know about this letter. Again, apologies.

Let's see what we can do." - Fernando

I'm talking to Fernando at Jarmoland, and he's been understandable and showing some interest and respect, just for the record.

So Manets, any idea if he's ever gonna answer the ques you guys sent him? Did you manage to ask him that?

check out HTGTH.

He said he'd get in touch with the camp once they are back at work.

Why don't people get it? All Axl wants to do is the bare minimum, to support his lifestyle: Tour every couple of years, to bring in some cash. He doesn't want fame or popularity, or even press. He just wants to do his thing.

His thing is touring "The Set-list," in Canada, South America, etc.

It's the delusional Nu-GnR fans with ridiculous expectations for this band that cause so much trouble.

Spot on!........there really is no money in new music anymore as touring is where the money is and IMHO as long as fans buy enough tickets to support Ax's lifestyle there is no incentive for him to make new music.......

I'm not sure how some of you see this as an opportunity. As Fernando said, they regard sites like Paradise City as their 'own' version of MyGNR. Rather than reclaim the relationship that once existed between GNR management and here, they're clearly intent on providing for more positive forums insteading of attempting to appease the 'hostiles'.

I tried to join Paradise City. I had to apply for an invite, that was a week ago. Guess I'm not invited! How does that site work? Are we vetted? Do they only release so many invites at a time?

There's potential here because MyGNR, contrary to management's current perception, does not embody extreme negativity. If you were to create a spectrum, this place would be relatively centreground:

Distinctly negativeGNFNR/thegnrforum --- Mixture of opinionsMyGNR/gnrevo --- Distinctly positiveHTGTH/PC

GNFNR is not negative. There people laugh at Axl when he deserves and praises him when he deserves. Same goes for Slash there. That's why it's a great forum. It's more rational rather than passionate.