Would you like to see a Q&A section of the forum for Axl/band members/management to answer and moderate?

UK SUBS

Absolutely!

If they are so concerned about "haters" then this would be a great way to ensure that they get straight up genuine questions and then we can try and have a somewhat constructive dialogue with the GNR camp (if they choose to actually participate, that is)

..... No trolling allowed AT ALL, just good honest genuine fans questions?

Thoughts please :)

Of course, but could you please elaborate the "trolling"? What counts trollng? Really honest question maybe turned out trolling for the management/Axl/band members

If the definition of trolling is the same like jarmo thinks, thanks, but no thanks

Anyway it would be cool if this happened

Obviously yes, but wasn't there a similar section created after the '08 chats that went un-used? Is there any kind of commitment on GnR's end, have they [at least tentatively] agreed to anything?

There was a section for band members where we could post our questions. Unfortunately they never bothered to answer.

I think this is a great idea, certainly a sort of cease fire being offered on our end. The olive branch has been extended. See if they take us up on it.

Yes. Presumably cupcake/impolite posts would be cleaned up by the mods here if they were not online or would you leave it up to them to do?

I have to say I haven't noticed anything too bad posted in the Canter section but then again most people have nothing against Marc.

..... No trolling allowed AT ALL, just good honest genuine fans questions?

Thoughts please :)

Of course, but could you please elaborate the "trolling"? What counts trollng? Really honest question maybe turned out trolling for the management/Axl/band members

If the definition of trolling is the same like jarmo thinks, thanks, but no thanks

Anyway it would be cool if this happened

Honestly, that shouldn't need explaining! No offense.

Great idea.

I just think that they might not want to undermine Jarmo by posting here when they already have a forum they could post on with it being moderated they way the want it to? No harm in asking.

Axl came here first for his chats, not HTGTH. They can come here and talk to us, while /jarmo can go on tour with them. I think it's a pretty even exchange. -_-

Would there be some way of the mods being able to check posts in a particular sub-forum before they're shown?

I know it sounds a bit nanny state but it could save smart arses putting up blatantly antagonistic stuff that would make the band guys leave and not want to answer any more questions.

Edited by Bansidhe
  • Like 1

Great idea.

I just think that they might not want to undermine Jarmo by posting here when they already have a forum they could post on with it being moderated they way the want it to? No harm in asking.

Axl came here first for his chats, not HTGTH. They can come here and talk to us, while /jarmo can go on tour with them. I think it's a pretty even exchange. -_-

I agree, but Fernando posted what he said this morning, largely about this forum, on HTGTH.

Would there be some way of the mods being able to check posts in a particular sub-forum before they're shown?

I know it sounds a bit nanny state but it could save smart arses putting up blatantly antagonistic stuff that would make the band guys leave and not want to answer any more questions.

One for high' but essentially yes, genuine questions only.

I can't make anyone do it but I can offer it to allow both the fans and the band communicate :) so rather than going "oh but I don't think they'll come here" just get behind the idea or not, no problem. If the overwhelming majority want it, we'll set it up as send invites to Axl and co :)