Would you like to see a Q&A section of the forum for Axl/band members/management to answer and moderate?

UK SUBS

Instead of strictly controlling a sub-forum why not control the whole forum.

Why not go to HTGTH?

i do but its to quiet. Also this forum used to be so much more positive. My roots lie firmly here anyway, but its clear something needs to be done when we are black listed.

Just have a bit of pride, if someone is slagging your favourite band off on that bands forum, then deal with them. For instance if i was a mod, that little cuntish remark from arnold would get him warned.

Do you ever stop and think why HTGTH is slow?

Or are you just incapable of critical thinking?

Is Marc's subforum heavily moderated?

I'm not around enough to see whether posts are getting hidden or not, but that's always been my understanding and his subforum is the only one that has this underneath it:

- Please keep it to courteous and polite conversation within this section.

- Please construct tactful, well thought out comments or questions for Marc to consider.

Not sure how you get that his forum is "heavily moderated" based on some basic requests for simple courtesy...........one of my favorite subforums and I go there everyday and have not seen any "heavy moderation"....once in while a poster will be rude but I have never seen anyone censored or a thread closed.........

I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the only section where everyone is civil and there's no outrageous threads or posts, that's why it's probably my favorite section. People know that's the one area they can't fuck around, so it probably keeps them from even trying. I'd be curious to hear from the mods about how much moderating is done there?

Instead of strictly controlling a sub-forum why not control the whole forum.

Why not go to HTGTH?

i do but its to quiet. Also this forum used to be so much more positive. My roots lie firmly here anyway, but its clear something needs to be done when we are black listed.

Just have a bit of pride, if someone is slagging your favourite band off on that bands forum, then deal with them. For instance if i was a mod, that little cuntish remark from arnold would get him warned.

And you don't know why people are less positive? Do I need to list all the failures since 2001? People have a short memory it seems...

And concerning Marc, How can anyone give him a hard time considering what he contributes

I won't go into specifics, but yes there are people that would give him a hard time if they could. It's the internet, people would give Mother Teresa a hard time if they could.

We've had to deal with a few issues quickly in that section, when the odd smartmouth thinks he's being funny.

I'm not around enough to see whether posts are getting hidden or not, but that's always been my understanding and his subforum is the only one that has this underneath it:

- Please construct tactful, well thought out comments or questions for Marc to consider.

Not sure how you get that his forum is "heavily moderated" based on some basic requests for simple courtesy...........one of my favorite subforums and I go there everyday and have not seen any "heavy moderation"....once in while a poster will be rude but I have never seen anyone censored or a thread closed.........

I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the only section where everyone is civil and there's no outrageous threads or posts, that's why it's probably my favorite section. People know that's the one area they can't fuck around, so it probably keeps them from even trying. I'd be curious to hear from the mods about how much moderating is done there?

So no heavy moderating according to Zint............pretty much as I thought...............

So no heavy moderating according to Zint............pretty much as I thought...............

Not heavy at all, it's been highly respectful for the most part.

A sharp eye is kept on it though.

^^^ Exactly what I meant by "heavy" moderating. It's monitored more closely, has stricter guidelines, and a lot less is tolerated than the other sections. You won't see any threads there knocking his book, or asking him ridiculously personal questions about Axl, Slash or himself. I didn't mean "heavy" in the sense that there were lots of posts that have been hidden, I think because the stricter guidelines were established from the very beginning it has kept the cupcakes at bay. My original point stands, Canter's subforum is treated differently (more closely monitored, disruptive behavior less tolerated) and I think a similar approach for a subforum that is band/TB friendly would work well.

^^^ Exactly what I meant by "heavy" moderating. It's monitored more closely, has stricter guidelines, and a lot less is tolerated than the other sections. You won't see any threads there knocking his book, or asking him ridiculously personal questions about Axl, Slash or himself. I didn't mean "heavy" in the sense that there were lots of posts that have been hidden, I think because the stricter guidelines were established from the very beginning it has kept the cupcakes at bay. My original point stands, Canter's subforum is treated differently (more closely monitored, disruptive behavior less tolerated) and I think a similar approach for a subforum that is band/TB friendly would work well.

Oh mate you crack me up.......you can never admit you were wrong........

Back on topic...there is nothing to lose offering the NuGuns camp an opportunity to dialog but I just hope it does not become a propaganda tool for them and that some good questions get censored......

Back on topic...there is nothing to lose offering the NuGuns camp an opportunity to dialog but I just hope it does not become a propaganda tool for them and that some good questions get censored......

I've reiterated my point, so what is yours? Are you denying Canter Banter is treated differently than the other forum boards?

Can you provide examples that you'd consider to be "good" questions?

I've reiterated my point, so what is yours? Are you denying Canter Banter is treated differently than the other forum boards?

Can you provide examples that you'd consider to be "good" questions?

It is not "heavily moderated" as you claimed that was my only point...As Zint stated they keep an eye on the forum as there are always a few assholes who like to stir the shit but fans on this forum are very respectful of Marc as he is a straight shooter and does not play favorites. He seems to answer every question thrown at him even if Axl or Slash are not going to like the answers he gives.........This is just my opinion mind you, but I think that helps limit negative responses from posters on this forum as they see he is an honest unbiased voice who was actually there.

Sorry to be negative but personally I believe any subforum that is created for the current band and Team Brazil to answer questions will need to be "heavily moderated" as I think there will be to many rules on what can be asked and their viewpoint will be slanted which will get some members here riled up to attack them. I base this on interviews with current band members, Axl's rants, and Fernando's response when asked questions........I would still love to see it happen but I don't see much useful info coming out of it..........

You know you are actually one of my favorite posters here but whenever you are proven wrong you are either misunderstood or there is some qualifer on your part....none of us are always right mate......... :shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

On one hand, yes. But you would need bandmembers actively participating long-term. Pretty much like Marc Canter does (and he does a great job!).

But then again, I imagine it's hard to manage. I mean, people WILL get frustrated from unclear answers to "the big questions". And bandmembers might get frustrated from not being able or allowed to give those answers. Which will turn it into a mess that's impossible to moderate.

I'm edging towards "yes", but it's important for us as fans to realize that this might not get us what we really want to know. They won't tell you things when there's nothing to tell or when they can't tell for whatever reason. Because of this I think that as the band or as the mygnr staff, I think you should wonder whether you should want to have this.

Just my two cents. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one! ;)

Yes, I think it would be a great idea. Another example of us extending an olive branch toward the band and management. If they don't take it, no harm no foul.

Not sure how I feel about TB modding the subforum though. Horrible idea to give them mod access anywhere else. Yikes. I think Marc's forum is a lot different than this new subforum would be. Yes the mods keep a close eye on it, but I also think the fans keep each other in check too. I'm sure there have been posts deleted, but people are much more courteous toward Marc than I think they would be to TB under normal circumstances simply because Marc has been nothing but nice in giving us his time answering our questions.