RussTCB

Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

First new vinyl in a while:

Haircut One Hundred - Pelican West

Eurythmics - 1984

Beck, Bogert and Appice - Self Titled

I still prefer to thumb through the bins at the record store.  I plan to get some 180g stuff eventually.

I  have been getting into Stones bootleg vinyl lately and picked this beauty up in clear red wax. It is actually the first  1969 Oakland  early show but was recorded by the same people who recorded the infamous   "Liver than You'll Ever Be"  bootleg which was the late show and  that supposedly forced the Stones to release the " Get Yer Ya Ya's Out " album...JMO but I think this show sounds a little better than its famous brother which I have an original pressing of...

possibly because the P.A. blew out so the  concert volume was much lower than normal giving a better balanced recording... you can actually hear the P.A. go out about 4:25 into the opening number JJF where the sound completely drops out for several seconds.....it actually sounds better after the P.A. craps out......from what I read the P.A. issues are what made the tapers decide to release the second show and not this one originally.......It is a recent release and can be found on ebay for reasonable prices and,  as you are not expecting Ya Ya's quality sound,  it is highly recommended for any Stones fan.

R-2688797-1360599266-6990.jpeg.jpg

https://www.dbboots.com/bootlegs.php?op=showcont&cmd=show&bootkey=2915

Edited by classicrawker

I have been on a bootleg vinyl buying jag lately and got this delivered from an  ebay seller  this past Friday. Looks to be an orginal early 70's pressing and I still need to clean it before playing but visually the vinyl  looks mint with no obvious scratches or marks. The nice thing I am learning about old bootleg vinyl is many of them may not have been played much so you can get them in really nice condition if you are patient. This is an audience recording from the Stones  November 10, 1969  San Diego show recorded by the same bootleggers who recorded he infamous Oakland "Liver than You'll Ever Be" vinyl bootleg. I have this on CD and it is an excellent sounding audience recording so looking forward to giving this a spin..............

Stonedin_San_Diego.jpg

Edited by classicrawker

Continuing my Stones bootlegs jag I just got these two today.......the vinyl on both are very clean with almost no marks and just a little dirty so hope they clean up nicely...

This is a partial SB from on e of the Stones shows at MSG, NYC in 1972. Legend has it it is a rough mix for an aborted live album that someone bought from a Stones associate back stage at a show. I have this on CD and it sound like an official release.

MSG72.jpg

This is another SB recording  from their 1978  Capitol Theater Passiac NJ gig that legend has it the cassette was stolen from the SB at the end of the concert when the Soundman was not looking. It is almost complete except the last song SFM is an audience recording.

Garden_State_78.jpg

4 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Does anyone here use discos to catalog their collection?

It'd be cool to post links to your collection if you have them public so we can all see what everyone really collects and what not...

Here's mine for anyone who cares...

https://www.discogs.com/user/Rickylovas/collection

Nice collection!...I admire you taking the time to catalog them...My collection is about half the size but I can't see ever taking the time to catalog them

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Nice collection!...I admire you taking the time to catalog them...My collection is about half the size but I can't see ever taking the time to catalog them

It actually didn't take near as long to do it as I had though when I finally gave in a couple years ago. The only stuff that is irritating is like beatles, stones and other bands that have tons of pressings of each album because then you get down to looking at the inner matrix/runout carvings to figure out the exact copy you have.

Latest additions to my old bootleg vinyl collection.

This is a famous old Hendrix bootleg  recorded by the  infamous bootlegger "Rubber Dubber". Legend has it he had his recording equipment in a van outside the venue and  transmitted the concert from a  radio mic inside the venue. I have this on CD and it is a decent sounding audience recording but always wanted a vinyl copy. Considering how old it is it is in nice shape and just needs a good cleaning before playing.....

Hendrix_LA70.jpg

I am a big Cult fan and have this 1989 Stockholm concert on CD so was excited to get it on vinyl.  It is an excellent audience recording

Cult.jpg

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

Finally got Welcome To Wherever You Are by INXS on vinyl. Something I've wanted for a while so I'm glad to finally own it. 

I was out of town when the Jack White tri-color 7" came out but a good friend managed to get one for me, so I'm very excited about that!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Finally got Welcome To Wherever You Are by INXS on vinyl. Something I've wanted for a while so I'm glad to finally own it. 

I was out of town when the Jack White tri-color 7" came out but a good friend managed to get one for me, so I'm very excited about that!

Lucky guy! I bit the bullet and bought one on eBay.