Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

On 6/18/2019 at 6:18 PM, Stiff Competition said:

Excited to pick up the new Raconteurs album this friday. I already have the vault version coming but they are doing an in store performance at Amoeba so I will be buying it there as well to get tickets. 

Got the Vault version before I left town on Friday. Just got back this morning and haven't had a chance to spin it yet. I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow. 

• 4 weeks later...

Added Aerosmith-Rocks, AC/DC-‘74 Jailbreak, and Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown-Truth and Lies to the collection this weekend, all sound amazing, especially Rocks and Truth and Lies, which is second to Feral Roots as my favorite album of this year 

On 2019-06-27 at 6:52 PM, Stiff Competition said:

got the indie version of the Racs new albums signed by the band yesterday after they played a short in-stroe performance at Amoeba in Hollywood.

2v143k1.jpg

This album really rocks. Looking forward to their concert in September.

https://www.discogs.com/user/luciusfunk/collection?sort_by=artists_sort&sort_order=asc&facets=formats%5D%3A%5BVinyl

Here’s my updated collection.

Have any of you ever had trouble getting a record to go onto the player? My copy of Flash Gordon wouldn’t go on the player and when I forced it, it sounded warped. I had to take a pen and kind of widen the hole in the record for it to play right. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally went and did it. I ordered a new turntable for the first time in 10 years, here's what I ordered:
https://www.fluance.com/rt85w-reference-high-fidelity-vinyl-turntable-natural-walnut

I've been waiting MONTHS for it to be back in stock. When it arrives, I'm going to install my Ortofon 2M Bronze and sell the 2M Blue that comes installed on it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I finally went and did it. I ordered a new turntable for the first time in 10 years, here's what I ordered:
https://www.fluance.com/rt85w-reference-high-fidelity-vinyl-turntable-natural-walnut

I've been waiting MONTHS for it to be back in stock. When it arrives, I'm going to install my Ortofon 2M Bronze and sell the 2M Blue that comes installed on it. 

very cool!

I might upgrade mine in the next couple years or so, but very happy with it for now.

I would love to get one of these some day though as a additional table..

(mainly just because it's the model Alex has in A Clockwork Orange)

5d9cfa9894d8a3a3b783ec2697793b8e.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

very cool!

I might upgrade mine in the next couple years or so, but very happy with it for now.

I would love to get one of these some day though as a additional table..

(mainly just because it's the model Alex has in A Clockwork Orange)

5d9cfa9894d8a3a3b783ec2697793b8e.jpg

My end goal is to get a Clearaudio Concept someday but that's a pipe dream at this point lol. 

I'm very, VERY excited about this upgrade though. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My RT85 was just delievered. Hell yeah!

look forward to seeing you new setup!

Does everyone here either know of or use the vinyl collective boards?

https://boards.vinylcollective.com/forum/4-vinyl-collective-message-board/

There can be a lot of pretentious douchebaggery there but it is a good place to keep up with releases coming up and what not for anyone who is an avid collector.

Anyhow in terms of things i've picked up lately, not too much but a few...

-Lille Mae - Other Girls (indie exclusive colored)

-Almost Famous OST (promo only)

-The Melvins - Pinkus Abortion Technician

-The MC5 - Shakin' Street (Which is a comp of demos, live tracks, etc)

-The Stooges - 1970 b/w Not Right single (it's a 7" that Rhino put out back in 2005)

Update-

The RT85 lives up to the hype. The soundstage is H U G E.

I've only had a couple hours to listen so far, but I've got a big night coming up tonight where a lot of friends are coming over with a lot of special pressings. So we're really going to put it to the test. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Still need to buy a European version of the CD vinyl. The one I bought turned out to be US and has clipping all over it. I heard the EU one is better. 

I've always heard that and I just never get around to buying an EU pressing. I should just buckle down, get on Discogs and order a copy. 

5 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Yeah I could barely get through the single they released.

It was like a really shitty attempt at being April march.

I didn't hate the first single, but didn't love it. 

I loved almost every tracks on her first album, so I was looking forward to the second one. 

It's just a mess though. The entire album is filled with half baked songs. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 9:26 PM, Stiff Competition said:

Got this as a belated birthday gift today!

WOW. NICE! I own The White Album from that collection but it's the only one I've heard. I really dig it a lot though. It's my go-to stereo pressing of that album.