Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

WOW. NICE! I own The White Album from that collection but it's the only one I've heard. I really dig it a lot though. It's my go-to stereo pressing of that album. 

Yeah I am super stoked. I have Let It Be and Abbey Road as standalone releases but am thrilled to have this set finally, in addition to the 2014 mono set which is beyond spectacular.

It has a little box wear and some slight seam splits on some of the albums inside, but the vinyl is all mint. The store sold it to us for 300 bucks which is a hell of a steal for this set.

• Like 1

When we were selling our house the heartless cunt interior design lady said it'd be better to put some stuff in the attic. This included my record player and vinyl. Sadly, I had to conceid. But last Saturday we moved into our new house and so it's back where it belongs, in the living room. On my first night home alone (tonight) I've played Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed and Exile On Main St on it and I feel happy. A nice barrel-aged Imperial Stout (Early Morning Regrets from the Pohjala Cellar Series) in my glass and some first class vinyl playing. What more does a man need... I missed this. 

Edited by username
  • Like 3

On 9/4/2019 at 3:05 PM, username said:

When we were selling our house the heartless cunt interior design lady said it'd be better to put some stuff in the attic. This included my record player and vinyl. Sadly, I had to conceid. But last Saturday we moved into our new house and so it's back where it belongs, in the living room. On my first night home alone (tonight) I've played Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed and Exile On Main St on it and I feel happy. A nice barrel-aged Imperial Stout (Early Morning Regrets from the Pohjala Cellar Series) in my glass and some first class vinyl playing. What more does a man need... I missed this. 

Nice! 

I'm actually spinning Hot Rocks as I type this, sipping on Canadian Club 20 Year :)

Side note; u toured the Third Man Records Pressing Plant earlier today. It's only a 20 minute tour, but it's fun and interesting. 

I used some Amazon rewards points to order the latest Tom Kiefer LP this morning. I also grabbed Pawnshop Guitars while I was at it. I don't think I've ever actually owned that album, so I might as well grab the vinyl. 

I'm sitting outside the record store as I type this. I'm gonna grab the 1 LP anniversary edition of Abbey Road. 

Edit-

I just followed you on Instagram @Stiff Competitionif you look at my Instagram, you'll see they're very similar lol

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I used some Amazon rewards points to order the latest Tom Kiefer LP this morning. I also grabbed Pawnshop Guitars while I was at it. I don't think I've ever actually owned that album, so I might as well grab the vinyl. 

I'm sitting outside the record store as I type this. I'm gonna grab the 1 LP anniversary edition of Abbey Road. 

Edit-

I just followed you on Instagram @Stiff Competitionif you look at my Instagram, you'll see they're very similar lol

Followed you back! I just started linking to Instagram here if I post pictures because tinypic got taken down so I don’t know how to post pictures on the web anymore hahah.

• Like 1

I ordered the Garth Brooks Vinyl Legacy set back in February and it's looking like everything is on track for the 11/01 ship date.

I doubt there's many other Garth fans here but just in case.....the deal is fucking amazing. There's 3 sets in total; No Fences, The Chase, In Pieces, Fresh Horses and a Triple Live album all of which span over 7 LPs and they're in each set. There's 2 versions, one is the completely analog original versions of the albums. Then the second set is the same albums but remixed/remastered digital versions of them. The third set is the same as the first one, but it's got an individual number on it. I picked 000089 because 1989 was the first year that I heard Garth Brooks. There's a complete set of CDs in each box too. 

So that's 41 discs; 21 vinyl and 21 CDs all for $100 shipped because I got in on the pre-order back in Ferbruary. Garth Brooks fan or not, you gotta admit that's a helluva steal. I'm sure there will be at least one, probably two more sets given the amount of albums he has. They left out his first and third albums from this set as well as his seventh album, so that means they'll include them as the "must haves" in the upcoming sets. He'll probably do 1 set a year for the next couple of years. If they keep the price more than reasonable, I'm in for every set he puts out!

Added a blue/white splatter version of Rival Sons Great Western Valkyrie album, along with AC/DC’s Blow Up Your Video (I now only need Who Made Who to complete DC’s catalog) and Chinese Democracy at a badass store in Houston called Cactus Music. Also finally got Dirty Honey’s EP in the mail this week, so it’s been a good week! 

• Like 1

Outside of GNR arriving this week;

Buddy Guy Sweat Tea, Black Star (Mos Def & Talib Kweli), Gary Clark Jr's This Land, Tribe Called Quest Midnight Marauders, and Thirdmans Vault package centered around White Stripes debut album (if memory serves).

GNR related - just got the Spaghetti Incident to complete my GnR albums (included Live Like a Suicide), oddly wanted this one for ages for some reason. 

On 9/28/2019 at 1:21 AM, RussTCB said:

Edit-

Pawnshop Guitars is on my want list,......but that want list constantly grows - hard & expensive to stay on top of :P

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, Stiff Competition said:

Just saw this is an upcoming release form MOV, nothing too special just a reissue on colored vinyl for the 15th anniversary.

1402_foto2_product_groot.jpg

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/velvet-revolver/contraband#.XYLAgC2ZPUI

I really hope we get a Libertad Vinyl release some day.

Sorry all I've spammed this thread consectively.

Any idea the source of this reissue? Another on the want list, but always take care before getting reissues to understand the source. MOV is generally pretty solid in my experience tbh.

14 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Pawnshop Guitars is on my want list,......but that want list constantly grows - hard & expensive to stay on top of :P

It's been on my "maybe" list forever haha. Yeah, the "want" list continually grows and stays expensive.

My two biggest "wish list" (for lack of a better term) records currently is By Your Side and Lions by The Black Crowes. I want both but I neeeeeeeeeeeed Lions. I may just save up and over pay for it sooner than later. 

16 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

The biggest (see: most expensive) items on my want list are Rival Sons first album and EP (both go for $150+ anytime they pop up) and STP’s Core, which I’m probably going to have to splurge for the super deluxe edition to get it, which doesn’t sound so bad when I type it out lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Got around to spinning Pawnshop Guitars last night. Really solid pressing yet again from MOV. 

Everything I’ve got from them has been great. Both Alter Bridge albums they’ve done, Contraband and Dirt by Alice In Chains all sound pristine! 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 4:13 PM, Willis1988 said:

Everything I’ve got from them has been great. Both Alter Bridge albums they’ve done, Contraband and Dirt by Alice In Chains all sound pristine! 

Agreed. I have Contraband and Dirt as well, both sound great. I actually have a lot of MOV pressings come to think of it. I've never had a problem with any of them except one. 

I have the MOV pressing of Michael Jackson - Dangerous and it's got distortion issues here and there for some reason. For a long time, I just assumed all pressings had the same issue but I heard a different reissue recently that didn't have the problems. 

Having said that, I probably have 20-30 MOV pressings and that's the only slight issue I've ever had with any of them. 

Yeah, I've always thought MOV has done a solid job. I've got a ton of their releases from soundtracks to izzy and duff solo releases, to STP releases. I'll probably pick this new VR one up just because even though I have an original pressing and an original promo pressing as well (that has a copy of the cd in the gatefold)

On 10/7/2019 at 4:49 PM, Stiff Competition said:

Yeah, I've always thought MOV has done a solid job. I've got a ton of their releases from soundtracks to izzy and duff solo releases, to STP releases. I'll probably pick this new VR one up just because even though I have an original pressing and an original promo pressing as well (that has a copy of the cd in the gatefold)

I keep almost buying the two Izzy releases but haven't just yet. 

If anything, I admire the wide variety that MOV offers. That's for sure. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I keep almost buying the two Izzy releases but haven't just yet. 

If anything, I admire the wide variety that MOV offers. That's for sure. 

I see their Stevie Ray Vaughn releases at my local shops all the time, eventually I’ll cave and buy them but they seem a tad expensive at $30 for just a single LP

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

I just wish they'd release Libertad!

I would buy that in a heartbeat! They red and white Contraband looks awesome, I’ll probably get that. I have Apocalyptic Love in red and white and it’s beautiful 

Edited by Willis1988
Bad typo