Ghost

axlslash

So excited for this album. The first single, 'Rats' is supposed to be released today.

Wish there was a dedicated fanbase for Ghost like there is for GNR - there is no 'MYGNR' equivalent.

Get all my info from the subreddit, so interesting to read all of the theories and dissect messages and artworks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ghostbc/

OK...so Tom Petty's lawyers sued Sam Smith and won a case, claiming Sam's "Stay With Me" plagiarized Tom's "Won't Back Down" due to structure/rhythm of the song......I have yet to really hear a pattern close enough in the 2 songs to warrant that...but.....listen to Square Hammer's structure/rhythm along with the song below, and see if you don't hear a similarity......Just wonder if anyone else hears that with the verses??

857vao72zkr01.jpg

GHOST has set "Prequelle" as the title of its new album, due on June 1 via Loma Vista Recordings. The disc was recorded last year at Artery studios in Stockholm with producer Tom Dalgety (OPETH, ROYAL BLOOD) and was mixed in January at Westlake Studios in West Hollywood, California with Andy Wallace (NIRVANA, SLAYER).

The official video for the disc's first single, "Rats", can be seen below. The clip was directed by Roboshobo (a.k.a. Robert Schober), who has previously worked with METALLICA, ALICE IN CHAINS, MASTODON and GREEN DAY, among others.

"Prequelle" track listing:

1. "Ashes" 1:21
  2. "Rats" 4:21
  3. "Faith" 4:29
  4. "See the Light" 4:05
  5. "Miasma (Instrumental)" 5:17
  6. "Dance Macabre" 3:39
  7. "Pro Memoria" 5:39
  8. "Witch Image" 3:30
  9. "Helvetesfönster (Instrumental)" 5:55
  10. "Life Eternal" 3:27

Bonus Tracks:

1. Leonard Cohen: Avalanche (cover)
  2. Pet Shop Boys: It’s A Sin (cover)
Edited by Silent Jay

11 hours ago, st0n3r said:

I like the clip. It's completely absurd, just like Ghost should be. :-)

Yeah, Papa aka Cardinal, looks very strange dancing. lol

New cd is out June 1. can't wait for it. Hope Ghost does a US tour soon too.

the mask Cardinal is wearing looks freaky too. It's good that he never tires of changing his look and does something strange and different in their videos! Wasn't a fan of the rats though! lol

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

857vao72zkr01.jpg

GHOST has set "Prequelle" as the title of its new album, due on June 1 via Loma Vista Recordings. The disc was recorded last year at Artery studios in Stockholm with producer Tom Dalgety (OPETH, ROYAL BLOOD) and was mixed in January at Westlake Studios in West Hollywood, California with Andy Wallace (NIRVANA, SLAYER).

The official video for the disc's first single, "Rats", can be seen below. The clip was directed by Roboshobo (a.k.a. Robert Schober), who has previously worked with METALLICA, ALICE IN CHAINS, MASTODON and GREEN DAY, among others.

"Prequelle" track listing:

01. Ashes 
02. Rats 
03. Faith 
04. See The Light 
05. Miasma 
06. Dance Macabre 
07. Pro Memoria 
08. Witch Image 
09. Helvetesfönster 
10. Life Eternal

Freakin awesome cd cover! Love it!

5 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Absolute banger (as expected)

SO excited for this album!

Absolutely blistering. Glad to see them go a bit heavier than they did with the last record. Can't wait to hear the rest. And agree with everyone, I'm clamoring for some US shows!

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, Papa aka Cardinal, looks very strange dancing. lol

New cd is out June 1. can't wait for it. Hope Ghost does a US tour soon too.

the mask Cardinal is wearing looks freaky too. It's good that he never tires of changing his look and does something strange and different in their videos! Wasn't a fan of the rats though! lol

Freakin awesome cd cover! Love it!

Next month.

I like Rats, but I think it'll grow on me after a few more listens. A bit heavier for sure. 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, papashaun said:

OK...so Tom Petty's lawyers sued Sam Smith and won a case, claiming Sam's "Stay With Me" plagiarized Tom's "Won't Back Down" due to structure/rhythm of the song......I have yet to really hear a pattern close enough in the 2 songs to warrant that...but.....listen to Square Hammer's structure/rhythm along with the song below, and see if you don't hear a similarity......Just wonder if anyone else hears that with the verses??

A lot of songs sound like other songs. It's a matter of what you are thinking at the time.

I mean how many cords can someone possibly come up with?

18 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Next month.

I like Rats, but I think it'll grow on me after a few more listens. A bit heavier for sure. 

It's good Ghost does evolve their sound. It would be boring hearing the same things over the over again. It shows that Papa does want to make changes and hopefully for the better.

I think Ghost is super talented and hopefully will be around for a long time to come.

Album artwork along with pre-order bundle would suggest that the Cardinal + Ghouls outfits in the videos will not be their final guise (much in the same way that when the Cirice video was released ahead of Meliora, the ghouls and Papa still had their previous outfits in the video - this is probably different for this as Papa Emeritus III was 'removed' from the stage at their last show)

Ghost pre-order bundle

If you look into the pre-order bundle you can purchase a 'Plague mask' which would suggest that the slightly modified Meliora-era masks will be changed.

Side note: Do think the female Nameless Ghoul mask with the Marilyn Monroe hair looks ace!

After repeated listens, the song really grew on me. Can't wait for the full album. If the rest on it is just as good as 'Rats', Tobias Forge really made his detractors eat crow.

This is also an (old) gem, only published as an extra song on the japanese edition of their first album: 

Edited by st0n3r
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slasxl said:

that dancing cracks me up everytime i see it  :lol:

Papa is a great entertainer!

When I see Ghost live, I just love when Papa goes on with his stories even though half the time I can't understand him. lol He cracks himself up!

Right now I'm constantly listening to year zero. I just love the melody changes in that song and Papa's voice sounds so amazing.

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Papa is a great entertainer!

When I see Ghost live, I just love when Papa goes on with his stories even though half the time I can't understand him. lol He cracks himself up!

Right now I'm constantly listening to year zero. I just love the melody changes in that song and Papa's voice sounds so amazing.

He is a great entertainer i must say that.
I have just kinda gotten into him and from what i have seen on youtube his music videos and live shows ive been hooked.
After that i turned around and bought the live album at Walmart cause thats  all i got for a record store now :(
Im currently digging Rats and his acoustic version of if you have Ghosts

On 4/16/2018 at 12:22 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Was going to try to get tickets to the DC show and see them the day after I see The Misfits, but it's a theater and no GA seating. Sold out as well.

Either way, if the rest of the album is anything like Rats, then I'm looking forward to it.

Lead the way, Cardinal Copia.

Many of the venues they play in the US still aren't GA. You're just gonna have to suck it up and start getting seats for them, bruh. 

22 hours ago, st0n3r said:

I'm not so fond of the live album. It lacks audience sounds, which makes the live performance much more tame. 

Yeah, but since I saw them live, it reminds me of their show.

I pre-ordered the new cd on amazon.com Can't wait to get it.

Checked out the tour dates and damn it, no Dallas date this time around. I can't travel to Houston again. Too far for me to drive.

I'm sure Ghost will come back to Dallas since they have a huge fan base here and sell out every time. When I saw them open for Iron Maiden, from the screaming you could tell most of the Maiden fans were there to see Ghost too!

I don't mind getting seats for Ghost. Since I'm not very tall, it's easier for me to see them.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Slasxl said:

that dancing cracks me up everytime i see it  :lol:

I tell you everytime I see the Rats video, Papa gets cuter every time. I'm wondering why I'm thinking he looks super sexy now! lol

Well, I'm hoping Ghost will either add more dates to this summer tour or come back in the winter.

Ghost has played Dallas many times, so I'm sure they will come back eventually.

I'm sure Atlanta would be a date too.

Let's hope for the best.

I'm anxious to see what their stage show will be like with their new cd? I think they are making enough money to add more stuff now.