Ghost

axlslash

Man wish I was going back to Brooklyn to see Ghost! I know that show will totally rock it!

Ghost had two new shirts to vote for on their official website. The vote is in and the new shirt is very cool. It's only $25, but I bet it'll be on sale at the show!

Trying hard not to buy it. I have too many Ghost shirts already! lol

Please come back on here and tell us all about the amazing show!:headbang:

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, Powerage5 said:

The Albany gig tonight was good. I like this lineup a lot more than I did in May. Witch Image was fucking great live, and Life Eternal worked much better than I expected. 

Cant wait for Brooklyn on Saturday. That’s gonna be a fun one. 

Love those two songs too. Wish they would have done them in Dallas, but like I said, we didn't get to see the Full Ghost show, but I've seen them perform the songs on youtube and Tobias and the band just rock it. Life Eternal is one sweet song. I love the ending to this song so much!

Brooklyn gig was phenomenal. Despite the fact that it’s the same setlist, and the stage show is fairly similar, it was a totally different gig than the theater show. I honestly liked the arena show better - this band is at a point where they can put on a good arena sized show so long as they can draw enough people. I suspect next time around the US there may be a few more arena gigs, as most of the theater shows I considered doing were sold out. The band adapted remarkably well to playing on such a big stage though, and really fed off of the crowd. Speaking of the crowd, it was much livelier than I expected. I though with so many people there’d be a lot of casual fans, but most people seemed to know all but the most obscure songs in the set (i.e. Idolatrine, Satan Prayer, etc). 

Looking forward to the Brisbane gig in March - that one is quite small, and I suspect that my be my last time seeing Ghost in a club-sized venue. 

I bet Tobias was excited. He said in an interview he loves getting high energy from the fans. I knew the Brooklyn show would be awesome! So proud of GHOST.

Now if they win another Grammy, maybe the rest of the world will realize how awesome and talented this band is!

Got a new Ghost shirt in Hot Topic yesterday. It's red and has a picture of Papa sitting in a chair. Very cool. Love that it's red and not black.

I do hope Ghost comes back around the US again and plays a bigger venue here in Dallas. I want to see the whole concert not a short version because the stupid radio station didn't give Ghost the time they deserved.

I heard an interview with Tobias and he said he would love to film some shows and release a dvd, but it takes a lot of work.

He said maybe if Ghost plays two shows in the same venue back to back, they could get all the amazing footage they would need to release a concert dvd.

He mentioned all the things that can go wrong, but so many amazing bands release live concert footage, I'm sure one day Ghost will too.

Since most of their shows get put on youtube.com these days, they should release a good dvd of their concert and make some money too! lol

On 10/27/2015 at 2:03 PM, CheapJon said:

I don't get the almost obsession regarding Papa. Why don't you think the nameless ghouls could have that "eye"? There have been interviews where the ghouls have said how they do write the music, that it's mostly the guitar players or whoever. Yet some fans truly believe that its all Papa and the rest of the band are just hired musicians.

This is not NuGNR, this is Ghost.

Edit: I think it's He Is that was written during Infestissumam.

I was re-reading some of the earlier posts in this thread looking for something I remember being posted back in the day. This post aged particularly well :popcorn: 

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I was re-reading some of the earlier posts in this thread looking for something I remember being posted back in the day. This post aged particularly well :popcorn: 

Ah, come one man! :P I figured this post would come back to haunt me at some point. Why couldn't you just have left it to die? :lol: 

Sadly as Ghost has grown in popularity, my interest has fallen off a cliff. I think I've only listened to the new album 2 or 3 times. It might actually have some to do with Papa3/Cardinal which makes it even more ironic. 

3 hours ago, CheapJon said:

Ah, come one man! :P I figured this post would come back to haunt me at some point. Why couldn't you just have left it to die? :lol: 

Sadly as Ghost has grown in popularity, my interest has fallen off a cliff. I think I've only listened to the new album 2 or 3 times. It might actually have some to do with Papa3/Cardinal which makes it even more ironic. 

I just couldn't do it, it was so polar opposite to the truth that got revealed I had to bring it up for a laugh :lol: Plus since then GN'R has semi reunited, so that makes it even funnier. 

My interest hasn't dropped off - Meliora is my favorite album, but I still love Prequelle. It's a toss up between that and Opus Eponymous on any given day for my second favorite of their's. At the same time, I completely understand if they started losing some fans with Prequelle. That said, I can't urge you enough that you should still go see them on this tour if you get a chance. It's a great production, with a killer setlist; it clocks in at about 2 and a half hours of music between the two acts. I do get the Papa III/Copia thing though - I'm still not entirely sold on Copia's persona. He's sort of...socially awkward I guess is the best way to describe it? It's like, he'll start saying something, and then sort of veer off into something unrelated and tie it all together, but it takes way to long to get to that point. It's like he doesn't have any self awareness. And I mean, I love hearing him chat with the crowd. But in Brooklyn for example, he spent well over 20 mins talking just between the band intros/breakdown in If You Have Ghosts, and his spoken intro to Monstrance Clock. It just doesn't work in an arena. Papa III had the same humor, but was much more concise and to the point. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm not sure who Tobias is now? He just came out with a mask and a black suit with the Ghost emblem on it. He wasn't Papa or the Cardinal, so who knows?

I bet Tobias comes up with another new character by the time Ghost tours again. I love that about him, but I do miss Papa!

Since the radio station in Dallas never plays Ghost, I still listen to their cds. The rock station did play Rats up until they did their concert. Now I don't hear them at all.

I still love their music. I think the best is yet to come from Ghost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The promoter for the Brisbane gig in March just added an opening act and said Ghost would be doing one, 90 minute set after explicitly promoting the gig as being the full, two act show. What the fuck...

Support is Candlemass. Should be a treat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The promoter for the Brisbane gig in March just added an opening act and said Ghost would be doing one, 90 minute set after explicitly promoting the gig as being the full, two act show. What the fuck...

Wow! when Ghost did their last US tour, except for Dallas, they played 2 hours with an intermission and no supporting act.

I can only guess that Ghost has changed up their show again.

Either way, be prepared to see one freakin amazing show. Ghost does not disappoint. You will rock!

Just read on Cardinal Copia's twitter account that Ghost has been nominated for 2018 Best metal album in Sweden.

All of us fans know the power of Ghost, now the word will know!

:headbang:

10 hours ago, st0n3r said:

Support is Candlemass. Should be a treat.

That's only in Europe - Brisbane is the only non-festival Aussie gig and it's from a local band so obscure they don't even have a Facebook page :mellow: 

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Wow! when Ghost did their last US tour, except for Dallas, they played 2 hours with an intermission and no supporting act.

I can only guess that Ghost has changed up their show again.

Either way, be prepared to see one freakin amazing show. Ghost does not disappoint. You will rock!

Just read on Cardinal Copia's twitter account that Ghost has been nominated for 2018 Best metal album in Sweden.

All of us fans know the power of Ghost, now the word will know!

:headbang:

They haven't changed anything in terms of the format of the show for the next leg of the tour; the first European gigs are having schedules posted by the venues confirm there are still two acts. The Brisbane gig when it went on sale had a schedule posted on the ticket page which listed the two acts with an intermission and no opener, and the press release from the venue said the Brisbane gig would get the same two act treatment as the US tour and the Royal Albert Hall. This is a last minute change, I'm guessing by the promoter. But this blows, I absolutely wouldn't be going down to Australia for a Ghost gig had it not been announced as the full show. 

Yeah, I was glad when Ghost came to Dallas but they headlined the Freaker's ball so we didn't see a full Ghost show either. I have seen them other times and their shows were about 90 minutes. I know when they did the full US tour this past year they played alone and for over 2 hours with one intermission. I really wanted to see and hear more new songs and of course, after Dallas they did so many new songs. I'm pissed off about this. I do hope Ghost comes back soon, but I know they are so popular now that they are in high world demand.

Might have to wait for the new cd arriving in 2020.

After the show, Tobias Forge did an interview without any make up at all.

Looks very cute to me and I totally love his voice. The only problem I had is when Tobias spoke it was talked over in French and it was hard to hear his answers. He spoke in English.

He really didn't say anything new that Ghost fans don't know already, but nice to see it anyway.