Ghost

axlslash

On 2-4-2019 at 10:12 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Got my Hershey ticket. $75 after fees and shipping for GA. 

I'm always surprised to see concert ticket prices from other parts in the wordl. 75 fucking dollars for Ghost? I payed 41€ earlier this year for GA. The previous concerts of Ghost I attended it was 20€ and 28€. 

Edited by st0n3r

6 hours ago, st0n3r said:

I'm always surprised to see concert ticket prices from other parts in the wordl. 75 fucking dollars for Ghost? I payed 41€ earlier this year for GA. The previous concerts of Ghost I attended it was 20€ and 28€. 

I always have to laugh when Europeans complain about ticket prices. I see it a lot with Iron Maiden - especially in the UK, people will be like "Wahhh, standing tickets are fucking £55! These prices are outrageous, this band doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore!". And I tell them to just look at the prices in the US - the cheapest US gigs will be about $110 after fees. This year, Brooklyn is $175 after fees!

• 1 month later...

I saw a new interview with Tobias. He had on a short sleeved shirt and has 3 tattoos from what I could see.

Anyone know what they are? Because I couldn't figure them out.

They looked pretty cool and unique.

I watched most of the interview and he talked about his favorite bands, music and how he composes music.

also he could see himself playing guitar for Ghost and having a new singer. Oh well, who knows?

I think I did read another article with Tobias saying he wasn't a very good guitar player, so he sings instead. Maybe he got better? All I know is that throughout the years, the guitar players for Ghost have been amazing, so unless he can match their playing, I suggest he stick to singing. lol

Tobias says no new Ghost album until early 2021! Damn! He will begin working on a new album in early January of 2020, but the release date won't be until early 2021. 

He says he will be in the studio for about 6 months or more recording. 

In the meantime, Ghost will do more US dates, no Dallas date, and Europe before then.

Hopefully the new album will be as good as the last ones.

10 hours ago, st0n3r said:

I feel like I have a bit of a Ghost-fatigue. I've seen them 12 times now, since 2011. That's ridiculously much. I'd welcome a new album instead of more touring. 

Man! 11 times very cool indeed! Hey if you love a band I don't think it's too much! lol

My mom said back in the 70's in NYC bands would play NYC at the beginning of their tour and hit it at the end. She would go to both the shows if she loved a band.

She would see David Bowie and Rod Stewart and Jethro Tull everytime they hit NY. She loved those bands and their shows were freakin amazing.

My brother and I drove to Austin and Houston to see Ghost a few years ago besides seeing them in Dallas.

17 hours ago, st0n3r said:

I feel like I have a bit of a Ghost-fatigue. I've seen them 12 times now, since 2011. That's ridiculously much. I'd welcome a new album instead of more touring. 

I'm not tired of the live show yet. I've seen them almost 30 times since 2014 (I think my next show in October is my 30th if I'm counting correctly) - granted most of those have been an opening set for Maiden, but they just keep getting better and better for me. I'd welcome new music, but I can't complain about more touring as they've become one of my favorite live acts over the last couple years. 

9 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I saw them open for Metallica in Manchester a few days ago. Ghost were the reason I went.

The sound wasn't great. Cardinal talked about taints.

I hope they return to Manchester before Christmas.

What is taints?

The times I've seen Ghost it's always hard to understand what the Cardinal is saying? lol But it must be funny because he always seems to laugh at what he says!

17 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

What is taints?

The times I've seen Ghost it's always hard to understand what the Cardinal is saying? lol But it must be funny because he always seems to laugh at what he says!

I had to Google it. Urban Dictionary says it's a particular section of a woman's body.

Yeah. he asked us if we like to dance, if we liked it heavy and to shake our a$$e$.

• 2 months later...

LOL this is another funny story.

I guess that guy is a young Papa? Crazy! 

Tobias comes up with some crazy shit.

Wish Ghost would come back to Dallas soon. 2020 will be a year of recording their new cd, so it'll be awhile before they tour again. Damn!

I agree for some reason I can't understand anything the Cardinal says either, but yeah, he's always laughing at whatever he says. lol

It's weird with some venues, when they sing/perform, you hear everything. When they talk it's like WTF are they saying?

Okay, if there was any doubt about Ghost's song regarding religion, I guess this seals it.

Not to crazy about the Mary on a Cross song. The Goat song is okay. I hope Ghost is not losing their edge for me. Guess time will tell.

I feel like these new songs are parodies and I hope Ghost is not going in that direction.

The Ultimate Tour Named Death setlist:
1. Ashes
2. Rats
3. Absolution
4. Faith
5. Mary On A Cross
6. Devil Church
7. Cirice
8. Miasma
9. Ghuleh/Zombie Queen
10. Helvetesfonster [Partial]
11. Spirit
12. From The Pinnacle To The Pit
13. Ritual
14. Satan Prayer
15. Year Zeo
16. He Is
17. Mummy Dust
18. Kiss The Go-Goat
19. Dance Macabre

Encore:
20. Square Hammer

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I read that Tobias is going to use different musicians on the next Ghost cd. I don't understand this guy? I mean he's had so many amazing musicians and this last incarnation of Ghost had 7 members who were all so amazing.

Why mess with something that works? Anyway, I don't know why he likes to change things up when even though he uses a different name for the singer, you know it's always Tobias.

The next Papa will be number 4. lol I just hope the new cd from Ghost is as good as the last one. Don't fix what ain't broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the gig in Portland on Saturday. It was good, and it was nice to b on the barrier for them for the first time in a while, but I can't help but feel a bit...let down now that they're back to not doing the two act show. It just feels like A Pale Tour Named Death light - they dropped most of the truly exciting songs from the set, added the two new songs (Which in all fairness were excellent live), an interlude from another song, and a song that was a staple before this album cycle. All that said, they've made the transition to an arena-sized band so seamlessly - it's amazing how fast they've grown with this album cycle, and how natural it's all felt. Still looking forward to the gigs in Syracuse and Hershey later this week.