2014 RRHoF inductees include Kiss, Hall & Oates, Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens

ohlovelyrita

Where is the ceremony this year? I hate to say it, but if it is in Cleveland I may try and go again to see the original line up of KISS.... pitiful I know....

I went when Guns was inducted and it was still a great time, even though tickets are nearly impossible to get

I read that now Gene Simmons is saying he wouldn't mind being with Peter and Ace at the RRHOF ceremony. WTF?

I wish he would make up his mind.

I don't know who decides who gets in, but some bands that should be in, don't get in. It's very weird.

It was surprising that GNR got inducted for the first time and got in, but then again, I think Eddie Trunk was right about thinking all the drama that would involve the original members and of course Axl, but GNR deserves to be there, but in the end it's the fans' opinions of their favorite bands that matter.

Where is the ceremony this year? I hate to say it, but if it is in Cleveland I may try and go again to see the original line up of KISS.... pitiful I know....

I went when Guns was inducted and it was still a great time, even though tickets are nearly impossible to get

It's going to be held in Brooklyn

Can anyone tell me why Bruce and Eric Carr won't be inducted? I mean, if i.e. Josh Klinghoffer gets inducted why not these two?

the hall is run by idiots, they have 0 rhyme or reason as to why they do things. it is why robert trujillo got in with metallica despite being on 1 album that has 0 significance on the bands legacy or has 0 influence on anyone. yet they leave ronnie james dio out of sabbath who made albums that were highly influential and had a huge significance on the bands legacy.

it is also the reason why deep purple, thin lizzy, the moody blues and hundreds of deserving bands are left out and the likes of madonna and public enemy are in.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me why Bruce and Eric Carr won't be inducted? I mean, if i.e. Josh Klinghoffer gets inducted why not these two?

the hall is run by idiots, they have 0 rhyme or reason as to why they do things. it is why robert trujillo got in with metallica despite being on 1 album that has 0 significance on the bands legacy or has 0 influence on anyone. yet they leave ronnie james dio out of sabbath who made albums that were highly influential and had a huge significance on the bands legacy.

it is also the reason why deep purple, thin lizzy, the moody blues and hundreds of deserving bands are left out and the likes of madonna and public enemy are in.

It's fucking ridiculous how Deep Purple didn't get in. But yeah, Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Yes and a bunch of others are very much due for an induction. How the hell is Hall and Oates Rock and Roll?

Hopefully some of those bands hardcore fanbases will help the bands get in though. Rush and KISS got in that way it seems.

Edited by IRanOutOfIdeas

The fans did vote this year and it was counted towards the "vested interest" group.

Jan Wenner needs to step down.

"As one insider from the Hall has maintained, "Once Ahmet Ertegun died, Jann felt like he could run wild." The legendary co-founder of Atlantic Records was considered the only person who could control Wenner. He died in 2006."

http://www.rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

Didn't Trujillo get inducted before DM? I've said a million times they should have inducted Mustaine.....Madonna and Public Enemy are ridiculously influential though, they definitely deserve their spot.

Lizzy are not in. Jesus, this event should be boycotted.

Rob was initially not going to be inducted but Metallica had a hissy fit so they, the Hall, were forced to induct him. This was around the time St Anger was released; the only thing Rob had done with Metallica was that live-rehearsal bonus disc which came with the album. He had not recorded a note with them, nor, played a (proper) gig.

Didn't Trujillo get inducted before DM? I've said a million times they should have inducted Mustaine.....Madonna and Public Enemy are ridiculously influential though, they definitely deserve their spot.

they were inducted in 2009 DM came out in late 2008 if i remember right. memory has been known to be a bit hazy :lol: