2014 RRHoF inductees include Kiss, Hall & Oates, Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens

ohlovelyrita

Man Eddie Trunk's updates are actually kind of pissing me off. He has backhanded comments about Springsteen, Peter Gabriel, and some other people. Like, dude, we get it you like 70s and 80s hard rock and metal. That is really cool, I love it too but come on, man. I used to watch VH1 classic and That Metal Show a lot but it has gotten kind of cringy. I am a total throwback but he takes living in the past to a whole new level.

Nirvana got four songs with all women singing. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but its... odd... as long as it wasn't a choice just to be "PC"

And if they are cutting the jam then it is really shitty they had every member of the E Street Band speak without keeping them short. I was at the 2012 induction for GNR and let me tell you, that would seem like an eternity considering how many inductions are at each ceremony. It isn't just performers- they induct producers, engineers, managers, etc. A lot goes into it. I'm not the biggest fan of The Boss and the E Street Band, though. So its just my opinion.

Plus it seems some acts are getting 4 songs. When I went it was strictly 1-3 songs per act. Weird they are still out of time since KISS had no performance or tribute.

EDIT- Its over, the final jam was cut. What a load of bullshit. Of course they would cater to acts (Bruce) they like and give them more time while bands they don't like (KISS) are shafted without a tribute or performance. Glad I didn't go

And no disrespect to Bruce and his band, they deserve the praise they get but it was wrong they got so much extra time which ended up screwing other acts

EDIT 2- Sorry about this spam post. WTF 4 Nirvana songs with fucking Lorde? What the hell does she have to do with Nirvana or rock n' roll? Jesus christ what a joke.

Edited by ZoSoRose

Lorde must have been chosen by Dave&Krist though. I can admit she has talent. I don't particularly care for her but she is regarded as being a good singer.

It sucks that KISS didn't have anyone jam their songs. Maybe they couldn't even agree on what artists should do it since they weren't gonna.

Lorde must have been chosen by Dave&Krist though. I can admit she has talent. I don't particularly care for her but she is regarded as being a good singer.

It sucks that KISS didn't have anyone jam their songs. Maybe they couldn't even agree on what artists should do it since they weren't gonna.

I didn't mean to dig her, she certainly has talent. But she had no place there tonight, especially when they had to cut so much of the ceremony. Why not cut one of the four Nivana songs to allow the final jam to take place? Why would they get an extra song? And I hate to say it but I think she was chosen because she is "in" right now. Again, no dig at her personally.

I just find it disrespectful that Bruce and the E Street Band get all the time in the world for their speeches and set, Nirvana gets an extra song, and they do a tribute to Linda Ronstadt (Who isn't even rock n' roll and is still alive) but completly ignore KISS and don't even give them a tribute. Linda got one just because she wasn't there? KISS had a right to decline a performance, but the fact that they got zero performance is bullshit. Then to have all this extra bullshit go on and have the final jam cut, what the fuck? They easily could have cut a Springsteen or Nirvana song and replaced it with the final jam. Ace didn't even get to play.

Its the Hall of Fame though, no idea why I am surprised

And I'll be honest, do you know why KISS got in? Because the HOF wanted to capitalize on a reunion. They tried to pull that bullshit by inducting GNR the year they were eligible. It failed again, and it won't work with other bands like Deep Purple. Oh well

Actually, holy shit

Eddie Trunk ‏@EddieTrunk 2 min

Jam was just cut for time. No Ace with Nirvana. Overtime laws. Springsteen band went way long

Wow, that is bullshit. No all star jam?

is this the same eddie trunk who talked shit on the hall of fame last year and went on a rant about how they were pointless? so he's live tweeting them now, eh? yeah, he sure doesn't care about them... :wacko:

Actually, holy shit

Eddie Trunk ‏@EddieTrunk 2 min

Jam was just cut for time. No Ace with Nirvana. Overtime laws. Springsteen band went way long

Wow, that is bullshit. No all star jam?

is this the same eddie trunk who talked shit on the hall of fame last year and went on a rant about how they were pointless? so he's live tweeting them now, eh? yeah, he sure doesn't care about them... :wacko:

It's also the same Eddie Trunk who got personally invited by Ace Frehley and Peter Criss to join them in that night's celebration. One of the reasons Eddie hates the RRHOF so much is because they ignored KISS for 15 years, Rush for just as long, and they are still ignoring Deep Purple.

It's a sham.

But Eddie, having been a longtime fan of KISS, friend of Peter, and former A&R guy for Ace with Megaforce Records, when they invited him to come he felt he should have at least shared the moment with them.

Why? I think Courtney is the one milking the Nirvana name for all it's worth.

She sucks yet after Kurt died she had her 15 minutes of fame.

She sucks as a mother too. She's the one who let Kurt and her daughter down in the end.

As for Dave Grohl, the guy has made a name for himself way after Nirvana, so honestly, no one thinks he's still milking that memory. Dave has done other things musicially and has his own band.

I'm sure they both get money from the Nirvana records, but so what? They were Nirvana too.

Edited by Val22

Why? I think Courtney is the one milking the Nirvana name for all it's worth.

She sucks yet after Kurt died she had her 15 minutes of fame.

She sucks as a mother too. She's the one who let Kurt and her daughter down in the end.

no

the ups:

Courtney seems to have made peace with Dave and Krist

The original line-up of Kiss accepted their inductions peacefully and Paul, despite still being a dick overall, told it like it was

Cat Stevens was there and he played

Tom Morello and Mike Stipe were suitable inductors for Kiss and Nirvana, respectfully

Nirvana put on a solid show, given the circumstances

the downs:

No Kiss performance of any kind

No final all-star jam cause the E Street Band's induction took 40 minutes

Kurt's dead

Seriously, why isn't Deep Purple there yet?

overall:

From the bits I've read about and have seen, seems like it was an awesome night overall. Can't wait for the HBO broadcast next month!

Edited by rocknroll41

It was pretty good to see KISS behaving properly. They did what Axl could've done, really. Especially Paul's message to RnRHoF. That was much better and much more efficient than Axl's.

He could have, but its different. Kiss has gotten back together at some point. As much as people want it now, they've done it before, so people are relatively satisfied. With GNR, Axl is actively refusing it which pisses a lot of people off. If he came and played nice but didn't perform, people would say they should have performed and Axl shouldn't have come if he wasn't going to. People want the photo op and for Axl and Slash to be in the same room... until they are in the same room and then they want the music... until they get the music and then they want a reunion tour. Axl has waited too long for this to not bite him in the ass. With Kiss, they did all that I just mentioned and then broke up again. So that sucks, but at least there was that second coming. People want a third, but realistically thats not gonna happen.

• Like 1

It was pretty good to see KISS behaving properly. They did what Axl could've done, really. Especially Paul's message to RnRHoF. That was much better and much more efficient than Axl's.

He could have, but its different. Kiss has gotten back together at some point. As much as people want it now, they've done it before, so people are relatively satisfied. With GNR, Axl is actively refusing it which pisses a lot of people off. If he came and played nice but didn't perform, people would say they should have performed and Axl shouldn't have come if he wasn't going to. People want the photo op and for Axl and Slash to be in the same room... until they are in the same room and then they want the music... until they get the music and then they want a reunion tour. Axl has waited too long for this to not bite him in the ass. With Kiss, they did all that I just mentioned and then broke up again. So that sucks, but at least there was that second coming. People want a third, but realistically thats not gonna happen.

KISS gave the "ambitious album" a try and I know there's a fanbase for "The Elder" the same way we have one for ChiDem. It would be interesting if they actually did a big production and actually did the album live. If Seth MacFarlane, who is a big KISS fan and has fuck you money to do something like "Cosmos", he'd probably co-produce it. Paul sounded dead set against it, Gene will do whatever Paul does - it's Paul's band the same way the Eagles is Glenn Frey's band.

Cool, they had control over who they asked and decided they wanted it to be all women

https://music.yahoo.com/news/inside-story-nirvanas-one-night-only-reunion-183522525-rolling-stone.html

Glad that wasn't the hall wanting to be PC or whatever. The Nirvana set was amazing, but its still bullshit KISS got nothing and they cut the finale because of Bruce

Definitely:

-Deep Purple

-KISS

-Yes

Maybes (IMO all of these are interchangable):

-Paul Butterfield

-Nirvana (not first induction but so obvious they will)

-Linda Ronstadt

-Cat Stevens

-Link Wray

-Zombies

No (and some of these are laughable):

-Chic

-Peter Gabriel

-Hall & Oates

-LL Cool J

-The Meters

-NWA

-The Replacements

The thing is there are way too many people that just aren't influential enough.

HAHA WHAT how on earth is Peter Gabriel laughable?! You must be crazy. Peter is so talented him and Tony Levin have written some GREAT music. A lot of what he writes is different and quite tasteful if you ask me. A lot of African drum beats and interesting instruments. Not to mention he's 63 years old and still sounds the fuckin' same as he did when he was 30. His 3rd album "Peter Gabriel" is groundbreaking on many musical and technical levels. If you saw his live Secret World tour I honestly think you'd change your mind. The man is incredible!

http://youtu.be/cA7hHD21uOI